• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nabil Fekir

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Always rated very highly, even with being injury I'd take in instant over Özil.

A trio of Torreira, Ceballos and Fekir would be the most gifted midfield technically in the league with the exception of maybe city.
It would get absolutely demolished away from home when the team loses the ball.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
It would get absolutely demolished away from home when the team loses the ball.

Outdated stereotyping of an midfield. You dont need 2 pure physical defensive cms.

Look at City with Rodri, KDB amd Silva. Ceballos contributes more defensively than either of Sp**s prefered CMs in Sissoko and Winks let alone Torreira. Chelsea in their last match went with an attacking midfield of Mount, Barkley and Gilmour and beat Everton 4-0. Wolves cm pairing of Moutinho and Neves wouldnt be considered physical or an defensive orientated pairing.

People need to get out of this outdated Graham Souness mentality when it comes to required cm attributes.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Outdated stereotyping of an midfield. You dont need 2 pure physical defensive cms.

Look at City with Rodri, KDB amd Silva. Ceballos contributes more defensively than either of Sp**s prefered CMs in Sissoko and Winks let alone Torreira. Chelsea in their last match went with an attacking midfield of Mount, Barkley and Gilmour and beat Everton 4-0. Wolves cm pairing of Moutinho and Neves wouldnt be considered physical or an defensive orientated pairing.

People need to get out of this outdated Graham Souness mentality when it comes to required cm attributes.

I think you need to think about it from a more tactical view. Comparing 2 man midfields to a 3 man midfield are very different things.

City play a 3 man midfield with a designated holder. Take Rodri out and move it to a 2 man midfield of De Bruyne and Silva and you are looking at a midfield that would get dominated.

Wolves play a back 3 with an extra man in defence rather than midfield. I wouldn't even say they are overly offensive either.

Ceballos I'm afraid isn't as good as people make out. He shouldn't even be polarizing. He is a more technical version of Xhaka and we have had a lack of technicians for such a long time that Ceballos stands out against what we have or have had in a our recent history.

He is combative but just as likely to sit on his arse and gamble with a slide tackle like Xhaka is because when it comes down to it he physically isn't good enough to play in a 2 man midfield.

Put him in a 3 man midfield and he would be more effective defensively, but he isn't even a progressive passer or creator so I would replace him anyway with someone who can actually drive with the ball at pace and doesn't just run it to another player and want another 2 yard pass back to him so he can run it to someone else.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fekir actually a good option if we fail to get Ødegaard he in good age he played 30+ games last 2 seasons in league and will give you 15-20 G/A.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

My boyyyyyyyy

He’s still such a baller and he’s looked good with Betis.

Should've bought him in 2019. Would’ve been a great bargain buy.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
My boyyyyyyyy

He’s still such a baller and he’s looked good with Betis.

Should've bought him in 2019. Would’ve been a great bargain buy.
Yes his numbers look continue to be good after his lyon time surprised he gone to Betis instead of much better team

benjamin86

Established Member
I don't think he's an Arteta type player, is he? He's never struck me as someone that would close down from the front.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
His stock was low because of the ACL injuries but he’s still a mad baller.
Strange because last 2 seasons he played over 30 league games so that good sign ACL injury not affect him. Would be a very decent backup plan for Odergaard.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Strange because last 2 seasons he played over 30 league games so that good sign ACL injury not affect him. Would be a very decent backup plan for Odergaard.

Yeah for whatever reason his stock had tanked by 2019.

If we got him then who knows who we do. 17M would’ve been an absolute steal.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Yeah for whatever reason his stock had tanked by 2019.

If we got him then who knows who we do. 17M would’ve been an absolute steal.
Wasn't there a problem that Liverpool found with his knee cartilage or something? or was that a scam? Can't remember tbh

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wasn't there a problem that Liverpool found with his knee cartilage or something? or was that a scam? Can't remember tbh

Turned out it was all lies and apparently Fekir’s brother got greedy in the negotiations.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom