• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nabil Fekir

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Players don't improve based on age. For example Giroud and Drogba didn't hit their peak until pretty late in their careers. While Michael Owen was done by 25.

Not always but a player who's 1 of the best in Europe at 21 has the potential to be 1 of the best in the world. There's more scope for physical and technical development. Lacazette can still improve but I think he'll improve less. But we'll see ofcourse.

Drogba and Giroud are rare examples of late developers that aren't really the norm.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not always but a player who's 1 of the best in Europe at 21 has the potential to be 1 of the best in the world. There's more scope for physical and technical development. Lacazette can still improve but I think he'll improve less. But we'll see ofcourse.

Drogba and Giroud are rare examples of late developers that aren't really the norm.

Michael Owen won the Ballon D'or at 21 didn't he? The No. 10 position is usually a position where youngsters excel. Gotze and Isco for example.

Question is how do you know he'll ever kick on? Nasri's a very good player for example but he never became the great player I thought he would be.

Nasri at Marseille is a similar comparison to Fekir imo. We'll see whether he ever goes further to that Zidane level like Samir was predicted.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This kid seems very special, more so than Lacazette imo. Though I wouldn't mind either of them. If he comes here he plays wide too, has all the attributes for a typical Wenger wide/playmaker type.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Michael Owen won the Ballon D'or at 21 didn't he? The No. 10 position is usually a position where youngsters excel. Gotze and Isco for example.

Question is how do you know he'll ever kick on? Nasri's a very good player for example but he never became the great player I thought he would be.

Nasri at Marseille is a similar comparison to Fekir imo. We'll see whether he ever goes further to that Zidane level like Samir was predicted.

Yea Owen was basically a pace merchant though. We don't know Fekir will kick on for sure, he just has the potential to do so. It's all balance of odds when picking a player.

Nasri didn't push on as much as he should and was the same age when he came here although I'm not sure he performed as well as Fekir for Marseille, he has half the goals in more games for instance

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yea Owen was basically a pace merchant though. We don't know Fekir will kick on for sure, he just has the potential to do so. It's all balance of odds when picking a player.

Nasri didn't push on as much as he should and was the same age when he came here although I'm not sure he performed as well as Fekir for Marseille, he has half the goals in more games for instance

He was still a great prospect without scoring goals. The amount of hype around him was unreal, he was an extremely talented player and was supposed to be the next Zidane and lead France to glory.

Harsh but I'd say he's underachieved in his career, could have been one of the best ever but it never came together. It's impossible to predict with Fekir either.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's all down to mentality really, and who is more likely to maximize their potential. Nasri didn't have the heart IMO, he disappeared too often. Remains to be seen with Fekir.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He was still a great prospect without scoring goals. The amount of hype around him was unreal, he was an extremely talented player and was supposed to be the next Zidane and lead France to glory.

Harsh but I'd say he's underachieved in his career, could have been one of the best ever but it never came together. It's impossible to predict with Fekir either.

Nah Nasri had good technical skills and is impressive when he turns up once in a blue moon, but he never had the potential to be one of the best ever. Fekir has far more pace than Nasri and a lot more balls and consistency too, he's the player that Nasri can only dream of becoming.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

Owen didn't deserve it though, not a no 10 but a no 9 reliant on Heskey knock ons with generally poor build up play.

You never know if a player will kick on, character, luck with injuries and development all play into it. I can't see Fekir being nearly as good as Zidane, Hazard level would be great, Nasri level would be decent

Danskin

Established Member
Souns like a Wenger signing - young, french and with potential to become a fantastic player. Haven't seen him that much, only a couple of times and I was paying more attention to Lacazette, but he looks quite the talent.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Twice the player of Gnabry? Perhaps. Twice the player of Ox? Get off it!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They're different players to Fekir. He'd probably be a Santi replacement.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Fekir has the numbers that Ox doesn't have, that's one advantage. Ox has more power, is more broadsword than rapier. Has good ball-striking aswell, but doesn't yet have the composure in the final third that Fekir does. I see Fekir playing centrally anyway.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Don't think some of you guys understand how good Fekir is, he's probably better than Hazard at the same age and far above that Sterling which so many of you guys want. If we don't buy him now, he's probably going to go to a club like Citeh or Utd and become better than the current Hazard in a few year's time.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
If he's as good as some of you say he is, you'd think that there would be more clubs interested in him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If he's as good as some of you say he is, you'd think that there would be more clubs interested in him.

There will be, we tried to get Hazard a year before he left and it was only really us bidding for him.

He wanted to get Lille the best price he could so he waited until City, Utd and Chelsea all wanted him. Same thing will hapen with Fekir. Get him in now before Real or Chelsea come sniffing around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom