• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nabil Fekir

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Btw I wasn't trying to play down Fekir, I'm just saying that I believe Ox is extraordinarily talented too.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Don't think some of you guys understand how good Fekir is, he's probably better than Hazard at the same age and far above that Sterling which so many of you guys want. If we don't buy him now, he's probably going to go to a club like Citeh or Utd and become better than the current Hazard in a few year's time.

Are you on crack?

Token Yank

There will be, we tried to get Hazard a year before he left and it was only really us bidding for him.

He wanted to get Lille the best price he could so he waited until City, Utd and Chelsea all wanted him. Same thing will hapen with Fekir. Get him in now before Real or Chelsea come sniffing around.
I agree. This guy looks like a crazy talent. Get him in now before he truly blows up.

spartandre217

Established Member
Are you on crack?

While it's a bit far fetched, he's about as good as Hazard was at a similar age.

Hazard's best season he played 38 games, starting 35. Scoring 20 goals and notching up 22 assists. Of those 20 goals, 11 were PK's.

He's played less games than Hazard, isn't their only set piece taker and doesn't take penalties yet compares rather favorably. He's a very good young player.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Mate Hazard completely tore that league a new one at the same age, there was completely no contest. He was literally Messi during that season.

People love to downplay Hazard on this forum like he's just some average winger who's only good because of penalty kicks.

elber82

Hazards a special talent. Knew he was going to be an elite player the first time I saw him play. It was a Euro u17 game for Belguim against eventual winners Spain. He was literally running rings around half the Spanish team, they couldn't get near him. He also had that bit of arrogance you need to reach the top, even back then.

Fekir's ceiling seems more Nasri level than Hazard, who has already surpassed Nasri and has a few higher levels in him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Fekir has just said he's staying at Lyon for one more season - according to Philippe Auclair on twitter.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fekir has just said he's staying at Lyon for one more season - according to Philippe Auclair on twitter.

Called it. Makes sense for him. Another good season and he'll be pulling in 100k+ from whoever stumps up 30M to buy him.

As for the Hazard level debate he's a very different player. Hazard is probably the only wide playmaker out there. He's a dual position player and is great at all aspects of it.

Fekir for me is a much more orthodox No. 10 like Nasri was but I think he could be a little better down the line.

Nasri did show Hazard level potential at Marseille although he obviously never reached it.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I want to Fekir so bad :D. I think him staying at Lyon for another season and coming in as a Cazorla replacement would be ideal provided he continues his positive development.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm intrigued about this, he looks very good to be fair, would be like the Nasri signing for me. Was really excited when we signed him, not the finished article but the potential to be a worldy.

Would want us to snap up a GK, CM and ST first though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Loan him back? He's not a teenager, surely we sign him and he'd be competing for a starting position.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we did buy him and loan him I'd be ok with that. Although I think if he came off the bench for us and rotated we'd probably be better off than if we kept Santi.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Seems more like a WF/SS than a Santi/Rosicky replacement to me.

Would take him if we also get a world class ST like Benzema.

OL51

Hello ! I'm a Lyon's fan (sorry for my bad english), so I see him every weeks, and it's probably the greatest player in Lyon since Benzema. Better than Lacazette, Grenier, Lisandro Lopes ...

He can do everything with a ball, this is a very good dribbler, very provocative (too ?). This year, he provocs 7 penalties (record in Europa), he scores 13 and does 9 assists.

But there is not lots of chances he leaves Lyon this summer. We open the new stadium last year, it's his 1st season and the Euro is in France in 2016, so it is too risky for him to leave now.

Oh, and please, don't compare Fekir and Nasri ...:D

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hello ! I'm a Lyon's fan (sorry for my bad english), so I see him every weeks, and it's probably the greatest player in Lyon since Benzema. Better than Lacazette, Grenier, Lisandro Lopes ...

He can do everything with a ball, this is a very good dribbler, very provocative (too ?). This year, he provocs 7 penalties (record in Europa), he scores 13 and does 9 assists.

But there is not lots of chances he leaves Lyon this summer. We open the new stadium last year, it's his 1st season and the Euro is in France in 2016, so it is too risky for him to leave now.

Oh, and please, don't compare Fekir and Nasri ...:D

Thank you for that. Looks like Fekir is staying a little longer.

How good is Lacazette? I don't think he looks that great.

Jebka23

Hi, I'm new. As OL51 I am French and support Lyon ( sorry for my english too) .. Besides my second favorite team is Arsenal (Anelka and Henry are my childhood idol).

Fekir is really surprising . OL51 said a lot of things but I will allow me to add other things in addition.

Last season with Remi Garde , he cames sometimes late in the game to play a few minutes. This season, the coach is Hubert Fournier , he becames an undisputed starter , we can even say that this is his real first season and it's just awesome.

He is very technical , great vision , agile, good pace (but not as much as the english wingers like Walcott and others), creative but what impresses me the most is his strength for his size.

Watch his goal saturday
at 01:13

In youth team he played winger and sometimes CAM but actually with Lyon he play in the front with Lacazette in a formation like this :
-----------------Lopes-------------
Jallet--Bisevac--Umtiti--Bedimo
------------Gonalons-------------
-----Tolisso----------Ferri(or Grenier)-------
------------------Gourcuff (or Grenier)
-------Fekir--------Lacazette--------------

I read that you were comparing him to Nasri ...sorry but for me Fekir is more talented than Nasri and Nabil performance in Ligue1 is closer to Hazard than Nasri ...

We can't know the future ... but Fekir has the potential to be a world class player much stronger than Nasri ...

He'la stay in Lyon for next season normally. Lacazette also according to Aulas but if one of the two had to leaves it would be Lacazette . Even if all the supporters would don't sell.

Speaking of Lacazette , he played striker when he was a child and at the youth academy , he played winger and striker .
When he turned pro in 2010 he played only winger then Lisandro left. Alexander asked to play striker, Garde at the beginning did not then in 2013-2014 Lacazette started to play striker with Gomis. He had a good season and he exploded in 2014-2015..

A funny thing , during the summer 2013 Henry gave him some advices :)

Gdeep , Lacazette was amazing until the end of January then he had an injury .
By far the best player in Ligue 1 ahead Ibra , Verratti , Fekir, Payet etc

After his injury he is back at his last season level . Good player but not a wc player.

But for me his current level is good enough to be starter at Arsenal but as Henry says you need a top striker,
and even at his best form he's not yet . For me there is just 4-5 top striker : Suarez , Aguero , Lewandowski, Benzema and Ibra ( not this season ).

After Lacazette may become in the future a top player but even though I love him I think he will not much progress. He will be a starter in clubs like Valencia, Schalke , Roma, Tottenham, Everton or Arsenal (sorry if Giroud can, Lacazette also !) or a second choice in a top club.

But I would be happy if I'm wrong and he becomes a world class player...

If I was scout for Arsenal instead of taking Yaya Sanogo or Welbeck then interested in Lacazette when his rate is in the highest , I would take Martial.
A mix of young Anelka and young Henry , he is special ... If he manages well his career for me, he is the future number 9 of the French National. Potential superstar, when Aulas sold him to Monaco in 2013 i cried lol

Top Bottom