• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nacho Monreal (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Really worried about LB right now. @MutableEarth could you imagine Saka do a job for us ?

I'd imagine he'd still do better than what we have. I know he should develop his game further on the attacking side of things, but certainly better than nothing for him. He'd play more and he did play that position before, right ?
Monreal should hold up OK. He's lost a lot of pace so I think it's still problematic for us but he's still a smart, experienced defender. Switched on, he should be able to cope.

I don't think Saka as LB is an option for the foreseeable. They've clearly set their sights on him firmly being an attacker, have done for a while.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Need Monreal to stay with us, he can not only play at left back but he can also fill in at center back as well.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Monreal should hold up OK. He's lost a lot of pace so I think it's still problematic for us but he's still a smart, experienced defender. Switched on, he should be able to cope.

I don't think Saka as LB is an option for the foreseeable. They've clearly set their sights on him firmly being an attacker, have done for a while.

See him there as well, just a bit nervous about Monreal as well even though I rated him a lot in the past

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I was in favor of selling Monreal (although I preferred Kola) when we still had Thompson and I thought Tierney would be fit in 2-3 weeks. Seems like it would be smart to keep him until at least January. Doesn't hurt us financially.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I guess next summer will see us complete the clean up. mustafi and elneny must absolutely be gone now though.

Xhaka, kola, monreal, mkhi, possibly chambers.

Then the Özil pocture will be clearer.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I guess next summer will see us complete the clean up. mustafi and elneny must absolutely be gone now though.

Xhaka, kola, monreal, mkhi, possibly chambers.

Then the Özil pocture will be clearer.
Don't think Xhaka or Kola are going anywhere, but Özil/Monreal/Mkhi will be gone by next year imo.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
With Tierney being out for awhile and the crazy stuff going on with Kolasinac, there's no way they're selling Nacho now.

image.jpg

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Okay go to a foreign country where you don’t understand the language for work and tell me how you get on.
And at the age of 23 (in Dani's case), which is about the age where most would have just graduated from college and are about to enter the real world for the first time. Going to a new country at that age, with little to no friends to lean on, not knowing the language or culture will be a daunting proposition for many.

Luiz should benefit Martinelli similarly, being a mentor for him, especially since Luiz was a key player for the national team as well which should garner him more respect. Sure, it may be overstated, and Ceballos and Martinelli may have the personalities to adapt perfectly fine, but having a compatriot won't hurt.

This is why cliques tend to form in these environments, because you are likely to gravitate to those you feel most comfortable with, and having the same background/nationality/language will make it easier to feel at home.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Okay go to a foreign country where you don’t understand the language for work and tell me how you get on.

I did, 3 months in Spain

The spanish management staff spoke little to no english and I only the spanish I learned from Blood in Blood out, Chinga Tu madre only takes you so far...

The kitchen staff were all eastern european but we got along with spanglish

Any player born in Europe today has atleast gone to school for what 9 years? Culture is heavily soaked in English, speaking enough English to get by is not too much to ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom