• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nacho Monreal (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccy_man

Established Member
The report does not say how many instalments there will be it could be 10 or 20 who knows 20 would work out at 5 mill,

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Monreal doesn't even have nearly as bad injury record as Koscielny and we are giving him basically for free compared to him?

There must be some of that option to buy their youngsters, although I'm not sure how those would work if the player doesn't agree to come to certain team?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Raul doing one of his Spanish compatriots a favour, only way to explain it if the report about us not even getting preferential option on some of their players is true.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
250k? Koscielny must be turning in his Bordeaux shirt.

Whoever sanctions it better hope the SPL kid can stay fit / is top 4 quality or Emery moving to a back five. Crazy ****s.

Maybe the strick budget all true.

Iceman10

Established Member
Strange deal. Show Kos how it should be done, maybe. Hopefully there is some relationship built with Real Sociedad, either formal or informal, that could provide value to us down the line.

carlito'sway

Established Member
is there any really promising left back at youth levels that could fill in if need be and is near ready for 1st team action? if not, then this transfer NOW makes little sense. We have nothing to gain by not waiting to January, but much to lose.

I guess Nacho wants to go back to Spain as well, otherwise this transfer does not make much sense indeed.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
1 million for Takuma Asano, 250k for Nacho

shocked-what-stunned-doJrCO8kCAgNy

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
The report does not say how many instalments there will be it could be 10 or 20 who knows 20 would work out at 5 mill,
The article reads like it's a fee of 250k in installments not multiple installments of 250k. Also no option for youngsters.

It also suggests we are doing it out of loyalty to Nacho, which is fine by me if he gets to play the NLD.

Like people said, the extra mil or two we are losing on could very well be worth the message it sends to all the players. Go for the **** move of going on a strike/public like Rvp/Fabregas/Kos did and the club is not bending over like in the past. Do your job and you're getting that nice retirement move down the line.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I hope if he goes we get £5-£10 million for him, though the Kola haters here must realise that will mean Kola is here for the foreseeable future.

If we let him go for £250k because he wants to go the only message is that we are prepared to let a player go if he wants to go. And that is never a good message.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This is more about dropping wages in my opinion. Trying to balance the books to insure extensions with increased wages for Lacazette and Aubameyang.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Monreal was a great servant for this club. I hope he starts vs Sp**s and gets a goal. Love him and his passion for this club.

Very happy for him, but hope he comes back. Top professional - he played his heart out for this club.

zilfy

If we let him go for £250k because he wants to go the only message is that we are prepared to let a player go if he wants to go. And that is never a good message.
That's not necessarily true. All its saying is that we are willing to let a player go IF AND ONLY IF they bust their guts for the club, loyally serve for a number of years etc. This is just loyalty reciprocated

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That's not necessarily true. All its saying is that we are willing to let a player go IF AND ONLY IF they bust their guts for the club, loyally serve for a number of years etc. This is just loyalty reciprocated
Same applied for Koscielny and we (rightly) got a few million quid for him. Players loyalty is reciprocated every month when their inflated paychecks hit their accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom