• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Name our strongest starting XI for the season

url=http://this11.com]
abNPZB2aeZ.png
[/url]
Soccer formations made easy with this11.com

Assuming everyones fit (I'm looking at you Jack...)

Edit: Also, if the Ox doesn't want to sign a new contract, he drops to the bench for Bellerin. Same goes for Sanchez, to an extent - when we have a lead, replace for Giroud up top or Iwobi if dropped back alongside Özil.

tcahill

Interesting the there is such a high degree of agreement amoung members. The only question is really Ox vs Bellering and Per vs Mustafa vs Holding.

I vote Mustafi. Per was a colossus in the FA cup final but in my opinion only played decently in pre-season. Good backup option but shouldn't be first choice.

Mustafi has played RB in the past for both Germany and Valencia, and is fairly mobile for a CB, while also possessing good distribution. His aggressive tackling style suits a back three, as he tends to venture up field to win the ball.
He had 0 midfield cover during our slump last season, and with Monreal struggling and Bellerin in winger-land, no wonder him and even Kos looked very average.

I think he'd thrive as a RCB.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cech
Kos Per Monreal
Ox Xhaka Ramsey Seo
Özil Alexis
Lacazette

Mertesacker to organise and Monreal is able to provide that bit extra in attack. Elneny needs to prove his attacking ability against teams that sit deep to overtake Ramsey.

Four spots are really up in the air though, the rest of the team, except possibly CF/LWB, are cemented.

Cech
Kos - -
- Xhaka - Seo
Özil Alexis
Lacazette

Linson

I want to see Lacazette in a front two...

Either Sanchez or Giroud partnering.

Anyone know what formation the played at Lyon?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Cech
Koscielny Mertesacker Monreal
Chamberlain Xhaka Elneny Kolasinac
Özil Alexis
Lacazette
I feel this is the best balanced eleven we have. Bellerin for Chambo and Ramsey for Elneny are highly contentious, especially the latter as Ramsey probably starts but fitness is always an issue. Holding/Mustafi also likely to force Mertesacker out.

coolaa

Cech
Koscielny Holding Kolasinac
Ox Cazorla Xhaka Monreal
Welbeck Sanchez
Lacazette

Ospina, Bellerin, Merte, Özil, Giroud, Ramsey, Mustafi,

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Cech
Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Bellerin Xhaka Elneny Kolasinac
Özil Alexis
Lacazette​

Will reach top 5-6 for sure.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Seo Ox
Ramsey Xhaka
Özil
Alexis Lacazette

Is how I'd go. Not including Cazorla at all otherwise he'd probably start.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
----------------Lacazette-----------
---------Alexis---------Özil---------
Seo-----Xhaka--Elneny----Ox
------Nacho--Kos--Mustafi---
------------------Cech-------------

Although I do want to see Xhaka and Wilshere at cm play together to see if they can make effective partnership.

tcahill

Probably controversial :lol:

abNQrjEanK.png

I like the idea of Giroud and Lacazette playing together, I reckon they'd complement each other well.

But that formation would concede 5 goals a game. Xhaka is not a box to box mid, we saw that last season, and Ramsey plays best in a offensive role, where he doesn't have to track back. Xhaka is needed to cover the defence (also where he plays best at), and Ramsey cannot run an entire midfield on his own.

Ox is a excellent WB due to how dangerous he is offensively, but he's pretty much just another body in defence, not good enough to play as a pure RB. Also he'll get no cover from Özil, leaving him very exposed.

Reactions: Jae

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
The front 5 are obvious.
The only issue is whether to play Kolasinac as left wing back or left center back. which means either Monreal or Bellerin gets left out, on form now it would be Bellerin out, Kola and Ox wing backs.

Jae

I like the idea of Giroud and Lacazette playing together, I reckon they'd complement each other well.

But that formation would concede 5 goals a game. Xhaka is not a box to box mid, we saw that last season, and Ramsey plays best in a offensive role, where he doesn't have to track back. Xhaka is needed to cover the defence (also where he plays best at), and Ramsey cannot run an entire midfield on his own.

Ox is a excellent WB due to how dangerous he is offensively, but he's pretty much just another body in defence, not good enough to play as a pure RB. Also he'll get no cover from Özil, leaving him very exposed.

I agree! And in that formation you probably end up with Özil tucking in and playing the number 10 role leaving Ox massively exposed down the right. We need what we've always needed - a destroyer in midfield.

Latest posts

Top Bottom