• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Name the 5 players…

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So with Joaquin and Zlatan finally retiring there are only 5 players who made an appearance at the 2002 World Cup that are still going today.

Who can be the first to name them?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

So with Joaquin and Zlatan finally retiring there are only 5 players who made an appearance at the 2002 World Cup that are still going today.

Who can be the first to name them?

Buffon and Marquez are two I'm guessing. Probably another keeper somewhere.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Our former “legend” Inamoto still plays in Japan and Ono too.

Not sure about the rest tbh.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I feel like there's gonna be some Nigerians or Japanese players?

Yes on both!

@2Smokeyy got the Japanese ones right.

Inamoto is still going in the fifth tier of Japanese football at 43.

Shinji Ono is also 43 and is still in the J League but is pretty much done at this point.

Nigerian representation is harder but there’s still a pretty big name to round out the five.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yes on both!

@2Smokeyy got the Japanese ones right.

Inamoto is still going in the fifth tier of Japanese football at 43.

Shinji Ono is also 43 and is still in the J League but is pretty much done at this point.

Nigerian representation is harder but there’s still a pretty big name to round out the five.

Right I cheated by going to the wiki page of all the world cup squads from that campaign and looking at the ages of all the players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Somewhat underrated player was Santa Cruz.

Champions League medal, GOAT Paraguayan player, few Bundesligas and he was good in the Prem for Blackburn then Malaga in La Liga.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

As for Bartholomew Ogbeche he was apparently a proper wonderkid back in the day when he was at PSG and got picked for the 2002 tournament as a 17 year old.

Burnt out a bit and went to the UAE next, then flopped in Spain and Greece. Even ended up at Boro in the Championship for a bit.

Eventually some good form in the Eredivisie with Cambuur then Willem II.

Since 2018 he’s been dominating the Indian Super League where he’s the all time top goalscorer.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom