Nathan Ake

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Slartibartfast, Jan 2, 2020.

1. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Thought you didn't want a young defender because Saliba needs experience next to him?

2. Newchange

Newchange Well-Known Member

All these comments about Ake’s height but he’s actually very good in the hair one of his strengths and often pops up with a goal from set peices.

Mitch likes this.
  3. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Definitely it's all up to Chelsea. Personally, I just expect them to exercise their option and keep him.

Rex Banter likes this.
  4. Camron

Camron Established Member

Excellent hair game

[​IMG]

5. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

I find it highly unlikely that they would entertain bids below £40 million.

Dutch D likes this.
  6. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

Identifying the right candidate is key when considering a potential transfer from abroad.
    Thomas Vermaelen is a good example of a defender who hit the ground running.

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Yeah ideally we sign a 24-26 guy, but Ake for the price isn’t established enough.

Then again maybe Sok and Luiz will be rejuvenated for another 18 months or so under Arteta and we can develop a younger pair in Saliba/Upamecano alongside them.

8. Newchange

It’s a strange one. He was at Chelsea offered no game time went out on loan had a really good spell at Bournemouth came back to Chelsea but struggled for game time again then they sold him back to bourenmouth and added a buyback clause. If Ake has anything about him he would reject going back to Chelsea and pursue other interested clubs.

ASIF, Jae, Chicago_Gunner and 3 others like this.
  9. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Out of the CBs we have been linked to in Ake, Koulibaly, Upamecano, Rugani and Boateng - Ake is the clear best and stand out CB amongst them.

roz and Gunner-Union like this.
  10. Newchange

Koulibaly is the clear best hands down I would even put upamecano slightly ahead of Ake due to the level he is playing with RB

11. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Beat me too it, if two similar clubs come in one being Chelsea I reckon he could reject them, I actually think Chelsea could be the least favourite to sign him, he's been there before and cast off twice, would he really want to go back?

They are also a project like us, Utd, Tottenham, if Arteta carries on we look interesting.

Gunner-Union likes this.
  12. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

If we d

He def is but the snobbery May mean we won’t go for a player from a lower prem team

13. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

City will get him if they really want him but I don’t see how Chelsea’s clause affects us that much?

If anything, it will lower Bournemouth’s asking price (to c.£40m) because they’re already bound to accept that fee from another club (if Chelsea use the clause).

Think we’re actually more likely to get Ake if it’s a straight choice between us and Chelsea at £40m, as opposed to us being the only club interested and Bournemouth quoting us £60m.

American_Gooner likes this.
  14. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

This woulD be a fantastic signing if we could get him for £40m btw. However I agree with @Rex Banter that he’s likely to cost mUch more thaN that, so probably better options on the marKet.

Rex Banter likes this.
  15. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

He's going on 29 though and won't be cheAp, we're f*cKEd.

say yes likes this.
  16. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

I’d rather go for Mings for this price.

GDeep™ likes this.
  17. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

Young, proven PL experience, pacy, good distribution. Surely gonna cost more than 40m.

And I would take him over Upa, if we are talking about the same price.

18. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Koulibaly far too error prone for me.

19. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

I'd rather go for Dunk if Chelsea are gonna complicate things. We dont have time to waste on a transfer saga.

20. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Didnt we supposedly get a top scout from from Leicester after they won the title?