• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Naturally gifted slightly underrated footballers?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I know everyone rates the man but Paul Scholes should be spoken of in the elite bracket, yeah you do get Zidane, Pep etc talking about the G but hes such a forgotten man in general talk.

People always talk Lampard/Gerrard etc, Paul Scholes is arguably the best ever English player.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
always loved Cassanos touch & array of finishes when on his game.... never saw it at the time but his first goal summed him up perfectly + already had it at just 17 o_O

Really classy player. I liked when he went to Sampdoria and formed a great partnership with Pazzini. I'm pretty sure they where top of the table at one point.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Dimitri Payet - one of the most flamboyant and aesthetically pleasing players I’ve seen.

His 15/16 season with us is still one of the most unreal solo performances I've seen from a footballer. Man was on some Ronaldinho ****. Easily the most technically gifted footballer I've seen play for us, by some distance.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Me. Genuinely 2 footed, fast, strong, handsome and rich. Shame you didn't get to see me play.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Ravel Morrison, Was highly rated tbf but basically threw it away.
I'm going to add Eduardo Da Silva, Unreal finisher and play in the box, never came back after the injury.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Not sure if the following fit the criteria, but I always thought Esteban Cambiasso was underrated due to the abundance of talent in his position at the time. Had the workhorse type image, but possessed much more quality than that stereotype would suggest. Alvaro Recoba is another, somewhat forgotten player, who, when fit and motivated, was a very skillful player. Also, David Pizarro looked a classy player when I saw him play as well.

vantoure

Raul Gonzalez.

I think for his ability, he goes somewhat under the radar among really top players of the late 90s-early 00s.

Just watched a short clip of him at Schalke now and the types of goals he scored, along with his usual round-the-keeper were amazing.

Lovely player

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Robben doesn't get the level of praise he deserves. All the cut inside and shoot stuff etc.

One of the best wide men of the modern game.

Also pretty much any good DM that existed before Makelele 'invented' the role because that's what a lot of the media in England basically tried to get people to believe :facepalm:

Marcos Senna is a bit of a left field one, always though he was a really good player who never got the praise he deserved.

In terms of strikers, Gerd Muller should be up there in the debate for the best. Unreal numbers.

Ciscoo

Not sure if the following fit the criteria, but I always thought Esteban Cambiasso was underrated due to the abundance of talent in his position at the time. Had the workhorse type image, but possessed much more quality than that stereotype would suggest.
Cambiasso was fantastic in his only season at Leicester too. I think he played a very underrated part in giving that squad the confidence to win the league the following season.

Top Bottom