• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

New laws cracking down on streaming

Ewarwoowar

The E.U. lawmakers are finally bowing down to their corporate masters deeming streaming without author consent to be the same as downloading and so now seen as 'illegal'.

Seems although as well Brexit did not arrive early enough as UK not only to toe the line but to run with their own complementary agenda including Prison time, extortionate fines, internet throttling and other means of comfort bubble bursting.

Kodi seems to be taking most of the limelight, I suppose it's more efficient to target open source than it is to go after the actual source/provider.

This is all as usual about copyright infringement, though bemusingly streaming in strict sense is not copying, but hey they make the **** up anyways..

The greed of these mega media companies seems never ending as they themselves throttle lesser production companies to the point of the bland and the repetitive in to obscurity or oblivion and hypocritically at times in most obtrusive and illegal ways.

If only 'they'(our government) were as ardent about seeking for our ability to profit properly from our endeavours our travails instead of being entrenched in a system that forces us to keep recycling our earnings until they are throttled by tax to within 70 to 80% and more of the total, is that not like a copyright infringement as they deem copyright in todays crazy interpretation of the law.

That last point was rhetorical because you do not own the copyright to yourself, in fact you own little if not anything, everything is tied up in contracts including your very person, your child, your house your car, you are merely a lease holder, a product, a cog, chattel, thus any of that can be taken in a heart beat.

Be more than happy to say good bye to streaming and the hypno-entrainment they class as tv and invest more in the real world, learning from real experiences and not from actors and paid stooges, haha mega rant out

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
why don't they offer alternatives instead of outright 'banning'..

as you allude, if they just let the streamers keep adding dogshit to their streams, pretty soon they will die out. making something illegal just encourages hooliganism.

Ewarwoowar

The press are espousing 5 million people in the UK own an android tv box with Kodi pre-installed and that figure is rising exponentially, that's not counting the people whom have Kodi app installed on their PCs and fire sticks, that's also not taking into account the amount of people with fully loaded IPTV boxes or people whom just stream using their web browser, the numbers are phenomenal.

Recently a man was fined £250,000 for supplying IPTV boxes, yet the scare tactics from the tabloids laughably been intimating up to 10 years for just being a receiver, that's more than most violent crimes, including sexual deviants, more than a lot of manslaughters and * crimes, and statistics say these menial sentences for these menaces that are ruining so many lives do nothing to rehabilitate these offenders and actually escalates their penchant for more or worse misbehaviour, in turn all of their deeds have a ripple on effect that goes on and on to rob the general peaceful public of billions and billions of pounds, being spent rebuilding what the deviants tear down again and again but most of all the peoples right to a peaceful happy life.

But heh the poor little big media corporation are not content with enslaving the minds of the masses, they want them to pay over the odds for it as well.

Worst thing as well when you are paying extortionate prices for your tv-ing pleasure, whether sport or entertainment, you are subsidizing other countries that get to watch it for free or at a heavily discounted price??

:lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As far as the football side of this goes . A simple solution would be to allow every game to be shown on TV.

Far more people would pay for a subscription if that could actually watch their team every week.

Media companies only have themselves to blame. Recently made a friend cancel their Sky account as after years of staying with them and price increases their standard package was at the same monthly cost as the new premium 'Sky Q'.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As far as the football side of this goes . A simple solution would be to allow every game to be shown on TV.

Far more people would pay for a subscription if that could actually watch their team every week.

Media companies only have themselves to blame. Recently made a friend cancel their Sky account as after years of staying with them and price increases their standard package was at the same monthly cost as the new premium 'Sky Q'.
this is disgusting.

Even my provider suddenly decided to put all football on HD. I don't have an HD Box, and don't want one. gonna buy a bigger computer monitor and watch streams.

M already paying 80$ for internet, so I have a right to do what I want, so Damn them.

mm76again...

i've often thought a lot of people would subscribe to their own team's games - you could do it through club membership - at the moment we get club radio commentary at every game.

Pubs could do it too, all the Arsenal pubs would then be able to show all the away games

at the moment a lot of people avoid paying BT etc but watch their own team illegally - i bet a lot of them would pay if it were possible to see all their team's games - a TV season ticket

i can see the problems though:

- if it included 3pm Saturday games it would affect attendances - that's why they don't show live games at all at that time in the UK - it could really affect lower league sides in particular

- also i guess the current PL TV rights are based on your having to buy into the whole lot when people wouldn't pay for many of the specific games - not many people are interested in games like Stoke v Bournemouth but atm you get them whether you like it or not...

BUT maybe they could have a package to see all your club's away games
though, as tickets for those are so scarce and if you want to go to an away game, it being on TV won't stop you - but you should have to be a member of the club to show you're a real fan and that should help prevent falling attendances

Ewarwoowar

So if you get a stream to watch a match you could be fined or imprisoned?
Probably neither at the moment, the tabloids are trying the old witch hunt and scare tactics. Most probable outcomes will be, threatening letter from internet provider or throttling of your internet to cause buffering, maybe fines soon because We all know our guvernors are nothing but land pirates there to rob you of what little riches you possess.

Ewarwoowar

Just can't believe the lies the media publish,,, ever!!!

"Is it illegal to stream live football matches?

While it's not technically illegal to watch the stream, the Premier League recently secured a court order that enables it to tackle video streams of football matches via Kodi set-top boxes, currently one of the biggest draws for those that use the media streamer for streaming copyright-protected content.

Until now, it could only take down individual video streams which were relatively easy to re-establish under another URL, while a Premier League spokesman says it can now target pirates in a "precise manner" and that "for the first time, this will enable the Premier League to disrupt and prevent the illegal streamer of our matches via IPTV, so-called Kodi boxes".

So, if you're looking to download Kodi to watch illegal streams of your favourite football matches, don't bother as it's about to become a lot more difficult."

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/...movies-tv-premier-league-court-order-3640854/

- The news is It is not illegal to receive/watch streams including live games/tv, all movies and archived tv shows, fill your boots, the content is infinite-ish.

Kodi is a superb platform to watch all this and pretty easy to install on PC and maintain.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...evised-live-the-argument-for-and-against.html

I strongly doubt that it would have an impact on attendance, maybe decades ago but not now with how easy streaming is.

Take the above article for example. Even the against persons argument proves exactly why lower league attendances wouldn't fall.

I fell in love with football when I went to watch my first game live, not on television. It was not so much the match that captured my imagination (then again it was Leyton Orient), it was the occasion, the tribalism, the noise and the sounds.

It'd obviously need a huge start up capital but I'm surprised there isnt a Netflix for sport yet. Hopefully in a couple years time Amazon, Facebook or Netflix will change the game.

If Sky etc think that attempting to block all illegal streams is the way forward then they are mistaken. The music and film industry both tried and failed against this sort of thing. Both were eventually by offering a fair solution with platforms such as iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and Netflix.

Last edited:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I don't even have TV anymore. I'm completely reliant on streaming services which generally offer much more value for my money. I'll happily pay for a streaming service if it's convenient and fair priced; I already do this for the NBA with their League Pass, which gives me every single NBA game, both live and on-demand.

The problem is what's consumer friendly goes against everything Sky/the TV monopoly wants. Imagine if you could get a base PL subscription for £15 a month which would show a select number of games - like Sky does now - and than for a £7 addon fee, you could get every single game of a team of your choice, including domestic cups etc?

£15 + £7 for WHU + £7 for Arsenal and I'd be set. £29 a month for all the football that I actually want to watch + whatever other games they decide to put on the base subscription.

Nah, gotta get the insanely expensive package deals that are not even guaranteed to show the games you care about. **** you, here's some golf.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Quality streams are tough to come by nowadays. Used to be a dime a dozen but most are stuttery and freeze now even though you can still get some top quality ones out there. ACE streams remain the best for me.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I don't even have TV anymore. I'm completely reliant on streaming services which generally offer much more value for my money. I'll happily pay for a streaming service if it's convenient and fair priced; I already do this for the NBA with their League Pass, which gives me every single NBA game, both live and on-demand.

The problem is what's consumer friendly goes against everything Sky/the TV monopoly wants. Imagine if you could get a base PL subscription for £15 a month which would show a select number of games - like Sky does now - and than for a £7 addon fee, you could get every single game of a team of your choice, including domestic cups etc?

£15 + £7 for WHU + £7 for Arsenal and I'd be set. £29 a month for all the football that I actually want to watch + whatever other games they decide to put on the base subscription.

Nah, gotta get the insanely expensive package deals that are not even guaranteed to show the games you care about. **** you, here's some golf.
Problem is they'd lose viewers on the other games and therefore revenue and lose money in the process.

Top Bottom