• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Zidanne went from Ancelotti’s assistant to managing Real Madrid. Guardiola went from managing Barcelona’s youth team for only one season to being one of Barcelona’s best ever managers the next.
Both MANAGED youth teams. What has Arteta managed?

Manberg

Predator
are you arguing they did not have basically unlimited money and had the best players in the world? Go look at the first squads they managed. Tell rate them please.

I’m not saying they aren’t very good players but they still need good management. We’ve seen great players struggle too often with sub-par managers.
Barcelona had great players post Guardiola but they’ve not been as good since he left.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Would Arteta come here? Can't think of a worse move for his career. He could potentially stay and replace Pep in 4-5 years instead, and with City's money, he would definitely succeed.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I’m not saying they aren’t very good players but they still need good management. We’ve seen great players struggle too often with sub-par managers.
Barcelona had great players post Guardiola but they’ve not been as good since he left.
Well, ofc not. half of them have retired or been moved on.

Pep had:

V. Valdés
Dani alves pique,puyol, abidal, caceres.
Yaya toure,
xavi, busquets, iniesta, keita.
Etoo, Messi henry.

all gone basically.

You do need to manage them, but thats all you need to do. Imagine coming here, no system in play. No money for upgrades. Defenders seems ****, but might be our system. Nothing looks good. It's way different.

Arteta struggling for the first 5 games , why would anyone trust him? He has managed 0 games now hes' supposed to order the team around? At the highest lvl?

It could happen but the risk is not worth the reward. Get the young guns with good results so far. Get the 32 year old
Julian Nagellsman that will reinvent fooball.

or Erik Ten Hag that shows he can beat the best with his young team.

not arteta thats been smelling peps butt for a year.

I dont want someone that just does what people always has been doing. Get someone more radical. Like wenger when he came here. Refresh this team and club ffs. Just dont do it with someone who has 0,00 experiance

Manberg

Predator
We need a top manager to transform the club the way Klopp transformed Liverpool. Emery is not it, that much is clear.

Malky

Established Member
The guy has too go, we probably won't pull the trigger during the season, unfortunately, unless things get really ugly and he clearly loses the dressing room, but there is no reason why he should be here next season! As others have said - if we get into the top4 it'll be because of the current mess at United and Chelsea, not because he's a brilliant manager. United do the right thing and sack Ole along with Chelsea's transfer ban being lifted and we could find ourselfs struggling to finish in the top 6 next season.
We've seen nothing in the 12+ months he's been here to convince me otherwise - 3 transfer windows and he's built a team that gets ripped apart by, bottom of the league, Watford in 45mins.
Compare the clusterfuck of displays we've seen here - no obvious 11, no obvious formation, no plan or identity and bottling the big games before they even kick off, with what Brendan Rodgers has done at Leicester! The man transformed them into a well organized, attacking team in a matter of weeks!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Starting to agree with this tbf. But maybe give him untill christmas. So we can have two real fullbacks playing for us.
This is where I am as well. We can't expect a new manager when the current manager hasn't had his full squad to work with.

I'm as upset about the last 3 results as everyone else but I'm reluctant to call for the sack right now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I hope our fans not turn into manutd or Chelsea fans quick turn against manager when things gone bad. Need to have bit of patience there no quick success even if new man comes in
In modern football, all clubs are quick to turn against the manager, it’s the nature of the game.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Any anyway, on one is turning on Emery, the guy is is doing really bad.

No manager can survive a weak defensive team with no pattern to the attack. We’re a messy, fragile, passive team.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Bellerin is the only real first team player who has been out. Do not say Tierney, we have no idea if he'll even be able to acclimatize quickly enough to the PL.

AMN is a huge downgrade, but Kolasinac is a pretty good LB who is woeful defensively at times.

I don't think we've been bad because of just missing Hector Bellerin. As much as I rate him, if Bellerin being injured means we'll be conceding nearly a 100 shots in 5 games or so, then Emery has no right to be here anyway.

We knew Tierney was injured, and stop with the crap underrating of Kola. He hasn't been the reason our defence has been terrible, and attacking wise, he's very, very good.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Wenger will come back and win us the PL and CL and he'll shut down AFTV while he's at it, banning them from the stadium, just before the CL final, which those ****s won't be able to attend.

WE WILL GO WILD, PEP AND KLOPP WILL RETIRE AND WENGER WILL BE BACK!

Jokes aside, I don't really want Allegri and would not be averse to getting Wenger back to the end of the season. He'll probably get top 4 and I'll actually have fun watching us

baccy_man

Established Member
I wouldn't mind seeing Simeone, come here as a coach but i can't see him leaving Atletico, He seems to get his teams well disciplined,

carlito'sway

Established Member
Not sure if mentioned before, but Marcelo Gallardo may be the best football manager not coaching in Europe. This guy is simply brilliant with River. His teams are always solid, well organized and play attractive and dynamic football. He has a clear philosophy and vision on how the game should be played. He would be my No 1 pick ahead of Arteta.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
You bet I don't want beautiful football that loses anymore, I've had enough of that for the past decade. And to be honest this is the era of ugly football, only Man City are easy on the eye. If Emery can turn it around with the results (although all that has been bad on that front until now is two draws,) I don't mind keeping him even if we concede 100 shots per game and win with 2 shots on target. Mourinho and Ferguson among others have been winning like that a lot.

However, I have also been underwhelmed by our start to the season, even worse than the last one tactically, no players look like they have improved anymore (bar maybe Aubameyang and Guendouzi,) the subs and tactical adjustments haven't offered anything midgame etc. Not good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom