• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

New Stadium name by November?

AlexH

Doesn't matter in the slightest what the official name is, I strongly suspect it will always be known as Ashburton Grove. After all, who calls Highbury 'Arsenal Stadium'...its proper name.

One other thing to keep in mind; the sponsors name will not be permanent...they will pay for a set period which while being quite a few years, will expire, at which point they may renew if agreeable to both sides or we may get a new sponsor.

johe

We should get a cool name like the spanish stadiums have. Ex: Riazor, Mestalla, Camp Nou etc.

Ashburton Grove sounds great IMO.

Maybe The Nike Colosseum. Or something with 'Dome' in it.

As long as we don't get something lame like Fujifilm Arena like NAC Breda have.

Arjan

johe said:
As long as we don't get something lame like Fujifilm Arena like NAC Breda have.

It is actually called the "MyCom"stadium. It was called the Fujifilm last year.
Although most people use a different name, the go to "het avondje NAC" which means they do a night of NAC. (which means getting drunk and having fun in Breda)

timberford

if the name is likely to change with sponsorship contracts i suspect ashburton grove will be the one that sticks with the fans. sounds good enough anyway i think.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
DOls said:
Jinn said:
This article suggests we may have a naming sponsor by November.
This guy is an expert - he's got such names as the 'Staples Center', 'Nashville’s Gaylord Entertainment Center' and 'Heinz Field' to his credit.

Hmmm....

Well, I've been to "Heinz Field" in Pittsburgh and the name definitely fits the place. I think the Heinz ketchup is made in Pennsylvania if not in Pittsbugh itself. And the Heinz company paid for the naming rights for 20 years.
So maybe it isn't a bad thing that these people naming our stadium.

you are correct... Heinz HQ is in Pittsburgh

DOls

Maybe I should have mentioned a very cool thing about the Heinz Field.
As I said, the name of the stadium is related to ketchup, so there are two huge ketchup bottles above the score board and when the players get to the red zone (in american football 20 yard line is called the red zone), these two bottles tilt and the score board fills with ketchup. It looks great and exciting!
I should post a picture, but first I have to learn how to do it.
So, my point is, that maybe we should have cannons shooting bullets into the net on our score board, whenever we score!
Just a thought. :eek:ops:

Jinn

Established Member
DOls said:
As I said, the name of the stadium is related to ketchup, so there are two huge ketchup bottles above the score board and when the players get to the red zone (in american football 20 yard line is called the red zone), these two bottles tilt and the score board fills with ketchup. It looks great and exciting!
So, my point is, that maybe we should have cannons shooting bullets into the net on our score board, whenever we score!

My goodness. I have a feeling something like that can only work in America. ;)

CMS

Jinn said:
DOls said:

My goodness. I have a feeling something like that can only work in America. ;)

cannons shooting up in the air.......yes and the cannon balls fall back right into the audience or hits a heli or plane.....

:p

well cannons with firework would be cool....

DOls

I meant animation! But with the real boom ...
Nobody pours real ketchup anywhere either, you guys!

DOls

rZone.jpg

Ok, with a little help from my friend I can show you what I meant with those bottles of ketchup.

beanz

Only in the good 'ol U.S of A would something like this work.
Brilliant idea though and Iv'e just had a thought, that if we get sponsored by Calvin Klein, we could have a giant pair of underpants (shorts) which drop down whenever a goal is scored :p
Any other suggestions?

DOls

Isn't Freddie a Calvin Klein model? :eek:ops:
I really don't pay much attention to that stuff. This is funny though. ;D

beanz

DOls said:
Yeah, that's an idea, the shorts could drop down exposing a giant facsimilie of Freddies hairy arse! Go ARSEnal, geddit? :p
Hey, we could call the stadium ARSEburton grove! (groan) alright, maybe that was one ARSE too far :p

Sol man

beanz said:
DOls said:
Yeah, that's an idea, the shorts could drop down exposing a giant facsimilie of Freddies hairy arse! Go ARSEnal, geddit? :p
Hey, we could call the stadium ARSEburton grove! (groan) alright, maybe that was one ARSE too far :p
lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom