• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle United: Bandro Tonali

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Unai to Newcastle doesn't make sense to me at all. They need to rapidly move up the table to enter some Europe competition.

Unai has never been a great manager in the league. He's good in knockouts like europa. With us finishing 5th was ok but top was really there for the taking. Except 1 good season with Valencia, he's never been great in the league. Generally has horrible away records. So I don't think this will end well.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You would think they would get a Sam Allardyce type figure to survive the year and then clear the decks for a new coach in the summer. I guess they’re hoping to attract some “stars” sooner rather than later.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
It's solid appointment,still think he is better fit for Spanish clubs. It will be big expetations from him in next season when Newcastle start to spend big and English was big issuse when he was at Arsenal.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Get the ****ing crowbar for this fool Balague.

Talking rubbish again, Im sure of it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Get the ****ing crowbar for this fool Balague.

Talking rubbish again, Im sure of it.

If you’re Emery this job doesn’t really have any benefit to it other than the money. You know you’re going in there and likely sacked within a few years when they’ve established themselves enough to get a bigger manager or when they’ve decided you haven’t met their unrealistic expectations. His ceiling with Newcastle would be what he’s doing at Villareal, that being qualifying for the Europa. The big difference is he’ll have much more job security at Villareal and will be in a nicer environment for himself and his family. I could see why he’d turn it down.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

If you’re Emery this job doesn’t really have any benefit to it other than the money. You know you’re going in there and likely sacked within a few years when they’ve established themselves enough to get a bigger manager or when they’ve decided you haven’t met their unrealistic expectations. His ceiling with Newcastle would be what he’s doing at Villareal, that being qualifying for the Europa. The big difference is he’ll have much more job security at Villareal and will be in a nicer environment for himself and his family. I could see why he’d turn it down.
He’s probably nervous to attend the interview, in case they chop him up into pieces.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Totally agree. If I were him I’d wait for someone else to have the first go and get fired. Maybe come in as second or third when expectations from the fans have dampened a bit. Kind of like Arteta with Arsenal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes look like he going to reject the Newcastle job. The Villareal players wanted him to stay and it affected the decision

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If Newcastle don't make the right appointment it's not inconceivable that they might get relegated. I'm sure they'll be spending come January which will help but at the moment you don't see them getting many wins.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Everton have a hard run of fixtures now.... Sp**s, City (A), Brentford (A), Liverpool, Arsenal

Rafa could be free pretty soon

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Eddie Howe is still decent guy took Bournemouth from league 2 to PL and stayed competitive in PL for few season i think it's decent choice

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom