• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle United: Bandro Tonali

TornadoTed

Established Member
What has surprised me about Newcastle is how good they are defensively, joint best defence in the league with us.

Howe is a good manager and played some lovely football at Bournemouth at times but he didn't get the defence anything close to solid in his whole time there. There leakiness at the back ultimately cost them their place in the Premier League and his job.

Haphazard

What's scary is that they are stepping up very quickly, in my mind they are already a top 4 chasing side and have brought well, next year they will be even more dangerous.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think they are good because they are focusing on the most effective footballing system in the game right now. That is a focused attention on high energy football, combined with the complete stopping of the opposition through detailed tactical work in every phase of the game.

This focus is due to the work done by Pep and Klopp and their teams. They have brought about a new thinking to the game.

Of course Newcastle’s quality signings play a big role as well, but I still would lean more towards Howe’s system and planning, because we see a similar strength with De Zerbi and soon Emery too, with their lesser spending.

Newcastle have both the system and money, and thus will fly high for a long time still. But I also see the league becoming more detailed and difficult all round, as a result of this hyper attention to details nowadays.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
What has surprised me about Newcastle is how good they are defensively, joint best defence in the league with us.

Howe is a good manager and played some lovely football at Bournemouth at times but he didn't get the defence anything close to solid in his whole time there. There leakiness at the back ultimately cost them their place in the Premier League and his job.
Worse defenders at Bournemouth tbh. At Newcastle he has the likes of Trippier, Schär and Burn to work with. (Haven't watched enough of Botman to praise him)

D

Deleted member 102404

Howe is doing a good job, however will never take him seriously whilst he manages that club. Easy to forget they are another one of the state run clubs and the worst of all.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Howe was unemployed for more than a year so he had a lot of time to analyse why his defence was consistently awful.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Season 5 Friends Tv Show GIF by Friends

Top Bottom