• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle United: Bandro Tonali

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Something special about Newcastle, remember them being a top side in the 2000s. Solano, Speed, Robert.

Wouldn't say a top side, but they were good.

Probably around the same level we were the first decade at The Emirates, a solid top four side that wasn't quite at the level of the title winners.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What a trophy that is.

Scruff.

Good to see you back.

Close margins really, had we won the league... we'd probably never hear from you again, being permanently stuck in the mud I guess.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
They were kinda the Sp**s of the late 90s/early 00s really, fun to watch but you always felt they would buckle at the end.

Couldn't win a league like us and United, but couldn't even win a cup like Liverpool and (pre oil money) Chelsea did.

SA Gunner

I see Carragher saying they won’t make top 4 next season. :lol:

What are these pundits on to make such big bold claims. Are Newcastle transfer banned or something? These personalities are getting dumber by the year

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I see Carragher saying they won’t make top 4 next season. :lol:

What are these pundits on to make such big bold claims. Are Newcastle transfer banned or something? These personalities are getting dumber by the year
Because ****** like Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless have turned the culture of sports "analysis" into saying outlandish sh*t for soundbytes to drive website clicks and video plays and make money for advertisers. These guys don't care about being right anymore. There's probably a directive from their bosses to fish for social media reactions speaking absolute nonsense because all of it leads back to corporate profits, some of which are passed on in their contracts.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
It's not a crazy prediction, growing pains from first time in Europe in a while plus all it needs to happen is United landing an effective top signing to keep their project going.

This year was weird because Liverpool had a rough period, but they recovered and are set to finally fix their midfield woes if they land McAllister.

SA Gunner

It's not a crazy prediction, growing pains from first time in Europe in a while plus all it needs to happen is United landing an effective top signing to keep their project going.

This year was weird because Liverpool had a rough period, but they recovered and are set to finally fix their midfield woes if they land McAllister.

Liverpool, Chelsea, United coming back doesn’t make it certain that Newcastle will fall away. Especially when Newcastle are in better shape than those teams are currently and have the momentum in place already.

Newcastle have a functioning system on the field, the draw of CL footy, money to spend and the aforementioned momentum and good feelings.

Make no mistake, they will be there in the conversation next year, and could even push one of us out.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Liverpool, Chelsea, United coming back doesn’t make it certain that Newcastle will fall away. Especially when Newcastle are in better shape than those teams are currently and have the momentum in place already.

Newcastle have a functioning system on the field, the draw of CL footy, money to spend and the aforementioned momentum and good feelings.

Make no mistake, they will be there in the conversation next year, and could even push one of us out.
Not forgetting they have, what looks like, a brilliant coach as well who has improved individuals as well as the overall team.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I still don't think the Newcastle squad is all that. They are a well balanced, organised team with some good players. Who would get in our first XI, Gimeraes? Botman, Trippier and Pope are good but I wouldn't say they are obviously better than Gabriel, White and Ramsdale.

I think they are over achieving a bit, being swept along on a high after years of underinvestment and difficulties.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I still don't think the Newcastle squad is all that. They are a well balanced, organised team with some good players. Who would get in our first XI, Gimeraes? Botman, Trippier and Pope are good but I wouldn't say they are obviously better than Gabriel, White and Ramsdale.

I think they are over achieving a bit, being swept along on a high after years of underinvestment and difficulties.

Willock would start for us 🤐

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yeah, I think Bruno Guimarães is the only one that'd get into our first eleven. Alexander Isak would play a lot as well, but wouldn't displace Jesus. Trippier and White are close but Trippier doesn't fit our system, same with Pope and Ramsdale.

Top Bottom