• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle United: Bandro Tonali

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
F*ck no, why in god's name would you want a bunch of human rights abusers stain the reputation of this club?
You've called them murderers and human rights abusers in two posts.

Their PR machinery scuks, doesn't mean that they are more or less worse than the other countries.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Amazing response to this in the replies...

EeRWMLgXgAAfDkW

:lol:

The responses to any Premier League tweet is something right now from Newcastle fans.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Apparently if Steve Bruce gets sacked, the favourite to replace him is Mark Hughes. You have to feel sorry for their fans.

Seriously, what do these clubs expect (not the fans), you hire Steve Bruce who is a serial ****e manager then go to Hughes?

There is a merry go round of ****e managers; Bruce, Allardyce, Pardew, Hughes etc, before there was Curbishley and whoever, they just do the rounds at the same clubs and are all the same, never going to win anything, might save you from relegation before being in a relegation battle the next season, its ridiculous how these managers get jobs, anyone can see they are ****e but they some how win over chairman again and again.. baffling!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Apparently if Steve Bruce gets sacked, the favourite to replace him is Mark Hughes. You have to feel sorry for their fans.

Might sound a bit strange but looking at their team and potential the first guy I'd ask to take over would be Lucien Favre. He might not be able to really push a top team to titles, but he's done well at midtable clubs like Gladbach and Nice and always made them overperform. Would get them out of the footballing stoneage and I could see them doing a Hasenhuettl/Southampton in a bit.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
_40016480_aw32.jpg

...these clubs used to be massive!

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Might sound a bit strange but looking at their team and potential the first guy I'd ask to take over would be Lucien Favre. He might not be able to really push a top team to titles, but he's done well at midtable clubs like Gladbach and Nice and always made them overperform. Would get them out of the footballing stoneage.
No way he'd want to manage Newcastle tbh and doubt they'd approach him.

Toby

No way he'd want to manage Newcastle tbh and doubt they'd approach him.

No one could see him joining Nice back then, was consistently linked with clubs bigger than his back then last job Gladbach, still strangely ended up in midtable France. Could be of interest to him to manage in England, but I guess you're right in that they will never even ask him.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Might sound a bit strange but looking at their team and potential the first guy I'd ask to take over would be Lucien Favre. He might not be able to really push a top team to titles, but he's done well at midtable clubs like Gladbach and Nice and always made them overperform. Would get them out of the footballing stoneage and I could see them doing a Hasenhuettl/Southampton in a bit.

Problem is Mike Ashley, I doubt he even cares that much to appoint a decent manager which sounds strange to say considering its his investment but I see some of his appointments as a 'steady the ship' appointment instead of a progession one.

He just seems to be buying time until he sells.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah he was on talkSPORT giving the classic “I’m ready to manage again” the other day.

Clearly another cheap hire for Ashley.

I swear all it would take at Newcastle is the right appointment and then a little effort to actually want to progress.

The club should be achieving mid-table with the occasional European push, not fighting relegation and being relegated multiple times.

There like a northern West Ham, another club who just seem to half ass, attempt to play it safe and massively **** it up.

As frustrating as it can be being an Arsenal fan I think I would just not bother if I was a fan of either of them clubs.

Toby

Problem is Mike Ashley, I doubt he even cares that much to appoint a decent manager which sounds strange to say considering its his investment but I see some of his appointments as a 'steady the ship' appointment instead of a progession one.

He just seems to be buying time until he sells.

Better for Arsenal. Imagine another midtable team getting a decent manager, pushing on and crowding the fight for those places 5 to 10.

Wolves - Espirito Santo
Southampton - Hasenhuettl
Chelsea - Tuchel
Sp**s - Mourinho
Everton - Ancelotti
Newcastle - Favre

Wouldn't be a good thing imo:lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I swear all it would take at Newcastle is the right appointment and then a little effort to actually want to progress.

The club should be achieving mid-table with the occasional European push, not fighting relegation and being relegated multiple times.

There like a northern West Ham, another club who just seem to half ass, attempt to play it safe and massively **** it up.

As frustrating as it can be being an Arsenal fan I think I would just not bother if I was a fan of either of them clubs.

I’ll give it to West Ham. They’ve been aggressive in the transfer market and aren’t bending over in selling Rice.

They're building a team again through good scouting and helping Moyes get back to his pre-Utd form.

Ashley is holding the Geordies back so much, he’s spent more there recently but it just seems a total shambles. All done on the cheap.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

No Wilson for two months could be a killer for them
Indeed. That's the problem with Wilson, I think he's a very good striker but injuries for as long as I've heard of him has always been a problem.

Easy to forget he was floating around the England squad once.

Reactions: A_G

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What is the point of Newcastle United, I swear their fans probably hope to get into a relegation scrap just to have a bit of excitement. :lol:

Literally every season is mid-table or a relegation fight sometimes, or once in a blue moon they somewhat challenge for Europe. But this is a club that's literally stuck in the position they're in. Absolutely no prospects for them at all. Even worse it's been like this for what 60 something years? We're talking generations of Newcastle fans virtually experiencing the same ****. Yet the go week in week out (well pre-COVID obviously) to cheer on their team, not sure if it's admirable or insanity. I'd get bored pretty quickly if I knew there was absolutely no chance of my club ever improving or achieving something.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

wow, seems like Newcastle are stuck with him

4mil?

For Steve Bruce in 2021? He's apparently the lowest paid manager in the PL and I'm still surprised he would be in line for 4mil, you hire **** and you get **** results.

Surely someone at Newcastle would have predicted at some point they would have to sack Bruce? I swear its ****ing obvious to everyone, you hire Steve Bruce and eventually the likelihood is you're going to have to sack him, someone ****ed up on the compensation package big time as it was inevitable you would have to pay it to him.

But its Newcastle, they will replace Bruce from there shortlist of candidates that include; Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis, Megson etc..

Rinse and repeat that club.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

4mil?

For Steve Bruce in 2021? He's apparently the lowest paid manager in the PL and I'm still surprised he would be in line for 4mil, you hire **** and you get **** results.

Surely someone at Newcastle would have predicted at some point they would have to sack Bruce? I swear its ****ing obvious to everyone, you hire Steve Bruce and eventually the likelihood is you're going to have to sack him, someone ****ed up on the compensation package big time as it was inevitable you would have to pay it to him.

But its Newcastle, they will replace Bruce from there shortlist of candidates that include; Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis, Megson etc..

Rinse and repeat that club.

Alan Curbishley finally returning to the Premier League I'm hearing? 🤔

Top Bottom