• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle v Arsenal: A Proud Moment For Hale End

Aevi

Hale End FC
With good money made for another just a couple days ago. We're growing talent on trees here :)

I thought they were some of our better players which was even more impressive still. AMN was arguably MOTM, Willock played pretty cleanly even though he's probably better as an 8, and Nelson outperformed his RW counterpart. Smith Rowe and Saka, who are just as exciting if not more so, weren't even there. It's a golden generation.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
To be honest I probably overlooked previous times we musta had this sort of number of academy products on the field at same time, when you consider we had the likes of Bellerin, Gibbs, Wilshere, Iwobi in the squad together at one point the last few years.

Something I'd really like to know is percentage of starting premier league players that have come through the academy for the team they play. United have quite a few, grealish at villa etc. There's probably more than I first thought.

Aevi

Hale End FC
To be honest I probably overlooked previous times we musta had this sort of number of academy products on the field at same time, when you consider we had the likes of Bellerin, Gibbs, Wilshere, Iwobi in the squad together at one point the last few years.

Something I'd really like to know is percentage of starting premier league players that have come through the academy for the team they play. United have quite a few, grealish at villa etc. There's probably more than I first thought.
This link refers to the number of academy players that are in each team's squad. It's the whole squad and not just starters though.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/premier-league/eigengewaechse/wettbewerb/GB1/art/0/plus/1

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Four academy players all starting a premier league game.

Three for us, one for Newcastle.

Quite an achievement in this day and age.

@MutableEarth
A fantastic achievement and IMO one we can build on. A lot of work has gone into Hale End over the last 5 years after some really tough seasons for both the U18s and U23s, one season which ended up with both sides finishing bottom of their respective divisions.

Now we have a core of young talents who could easily become regulars for us for years to come and additionally we are continuing to produce quality talents beyond this group.

Top Bottom