• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Next Season's Centerbacks

Who would you rather keep?

• Total voters

Aevi

Hale End FC
Assuming we sign Mari on and Luiz extends for one more year, we will definitely be going into next season with:

Saliba, Mari, and Luiz.

This leaves:

Sokratis, Mustafi, Chambers, and Holding.

If you were to keep one more from that group, who would it be? (This is in the interest of being realistic, as clearly most of us would like to bin everyone)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ideally I'd keep none of them. But in terms of who can contribute, probably Mustafi. Sokratis is an ogre who can't pass so he's automatically ruled out (I'm sure @Mitch will tell me what a brilliant RB he is). Holding is not Premier League level. Chambers, I don't know it's a difficult one, but I feel he's the one we could get the most money for while acknowledging he's not good enough.

That leaves Mustafi who's currently a starter anyways.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't keep any. But if it's one it's Chambers even with his ACL injury, then as I keep mentioning, we go buy Ake or Mings.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Also only talks we're hearing are for Holding and Sokratis. So maybe another loan for Chambers would be decent.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I guess, it’ll be Luiz, Saliba, Mari, Mustafi.

Chambers and Holding will still be around, I don’t see any clubs pulling out money for them.

Sok said he’ll rather leave than bench it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

FWIW I think we'll keep both Mustafi and Chambers just so we have plenty of options, like has already been mentioned Chambers can play RB if needs be.

tumblr_mtavp9CCIt1rey868o2_500.gif

200.gif

b499c83da36b3759f8c3202db63631fb.gif

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Keep all except Mustafi.

Chambers- our best defender before Christmas untill his injury. Good and CB and great at RB. Should be our first choice RB next season.

Sokratis - Good first season, poor this season but has been excellent the 3 games at RB. Should be our back our back RB.

Holding - Brilliant in his break out season. Struggled from injuries since. Showed in last match that he still a good player.

Mustafi - although his form has improved under Arteta he still makes the odd mistake and with all his errors prior I just cant trust him
Move on.

Hopefully we dont renew Luizs contract.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Ideally we keep none. But if we have to, I’d actually keep Holding just because at 24 yo, there’s some slight hope that he can still develop a bit

Aevi

Hale End FC
Chambers- our best defender before Christmas untill his injury. Good and CB and great at RB. Should be our first choice RB next season.

Sokratis - Good first season, poor this season but has been excellent the 3 games at RB. Should be our back our back RB.
Wouldn't have expected any different from you :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sokratis and Mustafi must leave. Holding and Chambers if we got good offer should leave, leave us with Luiz Mari Saliba and Mavropanos that's will give us option and funds to get good CB.

talking is easy but nobody will buy Sokratis and Mustafi

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Keep all except Mustafi.

Holding - Brilliant in his break out season. Struggled from injuries sinces. Showed in lat match that he stiol a good player.

Mustafi - although his form has improved under Arteta he still makes the odd mistake and with all his errors prior I just cant trust him
Move on.

Hoepfully we dont renew Luizs contract.

You're a bizarre poster but you're very consistent tbf.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I just checked and the contracts of Sokratis, Mustafi and David Luiz are all up in 2021.

:lol:

We should have got rid of all of them this summer and gone for Gabriel Magalhaes. Napoli are selling Koulibaly and bring him in to replace him FFS then he’ll become unattainable.

We’re bums in the transfer market.

Dont want any of our current players (not counting Saliba as he has not yet played at Arsenal)
We need to sort out our defence for once and we all know our current players is crap and does not cut it..

So who we gona play?
Saliba and ?? i would like to try and get Upemecano

And when talking about defenders are we gona Jordi Osei-Tutu take a first team place or we gona loan him out again?

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Sokratis and Mustafi need to go this summer. Neither have a long-term future here. Chambers and holding still have a chance to stake a claim next season.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom