• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Our manager literally just didn't play him, certainly a contributing factor.
I know but apart from the Arteta/Pep suspicions, why didn't he play him? I checked the stats and 47 appearances down to 23 mostly as a sub is a massive change of mind. I didn't really get the impression that Arteta valued him last season despite the number of games but I find this whole situation baffling.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I still can't grasp how this went so badly wrong. Smh
I dont think he has that hunger. People will continue to talk about the manager but an elite player either elite mentality would still produce. I just think he's lost whatever drive he had and he also doesn't seem to try to improve. He still plays the same as when he got here which is why he's become more predictable.

6666Louis

Please stop,

An eleven year old and his goat could see that Pepe wasn’t good enough, not secure enough in possession, not tactical aware enough defensively

Maybe for some other kind of football

*why are people even discussing football in a forum when they haven’t got a clue of what’s going on

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I dont think he has that hunger. People will continue to talk about the manager but an elite player either elite mentality would still produce.

That's the point, he never stopped producing

From being vital to get us out of our early season rut to playing a valuable part in our only comeback of the season, he delivered when things got tough for us. Except for Saka, can't say that about anyone else currently in our squad.

Saka is better and happens to play in that same position? Fair, but just like when Arteta destroyed a FA cup winning team to build... this, we now find ourselves scrambling to get a good alternative to Saka after destroying one we already have.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Fair play to him. The only time he stopped trying was after the Wolves game when it was apparent that the manager didn't give a **** about him.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I dont think he has that hunger. People will continue to talk about the manager but an elite player either elite mentality would still produce.
A lot of you guys expect insane levels from players but ironically are more than happy with Arteta who’s just a boy and he’s not even good.

Pepe should have stopped trying sooner, surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Please stop,

An eleven year old and his goat could see that Pepe wasn’t good enough, not secure enough in possession, not tactical aware enough defensively

Maybe for some other kind of football

*why are people even discussing football in a forum when they haven’t got a clue of what’s going on
Telling people for years he want good enough and when he still look sh*t years later its never his fault. Everyone should go back and look at all the comments about how he will 'explode'. You cant talk to these fanboys

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Still Arteta's fault he cant show up in a preseason game? Not even to impress for a move? Nothing? I love the guy, he has the talent but since that first season he just stopped trying and that was BEFORE Arteta came. Also, lets not act like he didn't get his chances.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I dont think he has that hunger. People will continue to talk about the manager but an elite player either elite mentality would still produce. I just think he's lost whatever drive he had and he also doesn't seem to try to improve. He still plays the same as when he got here which is why he's become more predictable.
I don't know about his hunger as he always seemed quite laid back and shy but I think Saka's style is preferred and he's maybe predictable. I don't understand why he doesn't appear more proactive in trying to leave as he looks like the stuffing has been knocked out of him.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He wants to leave, he got a new agent and and announced it but his goose is cooked, the world knows he's a piece of sh*t baller so nobody is paying any fee. He believes he's terrible as well so has probably lost motivation which is normal human behaviour, not sure what people want him to do at this point.

The club didn't have to ice him like they did, but that's the choice they made so Arsenal have to live with it. Just have to learn from it and wait for his contract to expire.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Been disgraceful how Arteta’s treated him. Say what you like about him, the lads a goal threat for sure. Something we’re currently lacking in our starting 11 atm.
He was excellent in Mick’s first season, finished on fire and looked to be gelling with Auba and Laca on the road to the FA Cup victory.

The start of the next season he was dropped for Willian.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Considering how bad Arsenal were in 2020 and 2021, Pepe himself was pretty good...helping us win the cup in the former, and being our top combined scorer and assister in the latter.

We have signed enough people now, to just move him on this summer, whatever the cost...he needs a change now, as he has quality.

He can do no right with the fans now either, which is a shame.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He was excellent in Mick’s first season, finished on fire and looked to be gelling with Auba and Laca on the road to the FA Cup victory.

The start of the next season he was dropped for Willian.
Finished that season strongly too.

People chat a lot of sh*t on here and it started because somebody posted that he was second in POTS poll in the previous season. He's the highest scoring forward remaining at the club bizarrely despite it all.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hopefully we can find a way to move him on now, especially after last season killed his confidence here...

...but don't forget how exciting a player he was at one point.

EebfAI_WAAA8TPJ.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom