• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It doesn't really matter, does it? I was always saying that Auba was more of a burden for us even when he was a top scorer, which seems to be correct now when you look at what Jesus brings. The same can be said about Pepe, for all his brilliance there are some disadvantages in his game and Arteta went for players who work for the team, which Pepe and Auba never did.

It's a shame Pepe didn't have another go at some other PL club, but I guess after a rough 3 years he just wanted to enjoy his life and football so can't blame him that much
You can't compare Auba with Jesus. Jesus is being played in the Laca central role, Auba was given the Martinelli role, and any winger winning a golden boot can't be a burden.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Rest of the paragraph is the important bit. You have to give your players a fair shake and Pepe scored more than most other players under Arteta yet was disgracefully discarded

Goal of the game is still goals innit
I get that his numbers alone made it somewhat odd that he wasn’t given more time more often, but you could argue that’s shallow management. If his numbers were ridiculously good and he clearly played an integral role in the managers vision, then you’d have to dig deeper for a reason. That wasn’t the case though. It may have been in time if he was given those chances, but we can’t say that was ever the case. Even as an advocate of Pepe, the only argument I can make was he was dropped when in a bit of scoring form despite some pretty average performances overall. If I’m looking for a stick to beat the manager with I wouldn’t use Pepe. I’m not saying you are, I’m just saying I don’t think there’s enough innit 🤓

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You can't compare Auba with Jesus. Jesus is being played in the Laca central role, Auba was given the Martinelli role, and any winger winning a golden boot can't be a burden.
It was great for Auba. Getting a golden boot is great for him, but that’s not what managing a team is about. Jesus has come in and transformed our attack making us a bigger threat all round. If he doesn’t get the golden boot it doesn’t matter because our attack is currently at a level we haven’t seen since prime Wenger. It would have been unfair to call Auba a burden, but I would also be folly to think getting rid of your top scorer can only be a bad move. It was a bold move. And you have to show that you can make that work. Once you’ve proven that, you should get a pat on the back

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Pepe could and has played left wing :lol:

Really well too. Saka didn’t delete his Arsenal career like many try and have you believe, it was always a bit uphill.

He's got the most goals/assists after Lacazette and Auba with much less minutes I suspect . No doubt he's effective.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It was great for Auba. Getting a golden boot is great for him, but that’s not what managing a team is about. Jesus has come in and transformed our attack making us a bigger threat all round. If he doesn’t get the golden boot it doesn’t matter because our attack is currently at a level we haven’t seen since prime Wenger. It would have been unfair to call Auba a burden, but I would also be folly to think getting rid of your top scorer can only be a bad move. It was a bold move. And you have to show that you can make that work. Once you’ve proven that, you should get a pat on the back
Auba and Jesus are totally different types of players. The only thing they have in common is that they're good finishers. They could have played together had Arteta not fallen out with Auba. But it doesn't matter what mistakes Arteta makes, Josh is there giving him the money to cover every eventuality. Zincheko now has that left side covered beautifully and has turned Xhaka and Martinelli into goats. One of the best buys in a long time.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Auba and Jesus are totally different types of players. The only thing they have in common is that they're good finishers. They could have played together had Arteta not fallen out with Auba.
Different, yes, but Jesus is clearly the more useful player. What’s the point in speculating whether they could have played together or not anyway? That’s a new one. Are you now going to drag us all through the ‘how good would we be if we kept Auba?!!’ phase of the charade? 🤣Auba made that impossible by treating the place like a youth club. Turns out that for anyone supporting the club and wanting us to improve, it was a good decision. For anyone else, thanks for your interest, but don’t waste your time.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Different, yes, but Jesus is clearly the more useful player. What’s the point in speculating whether they could have played together or not anyway? That’s a new one. Are you now going to drag us all through the ‘how good would we be if we kept Auba?!!’ phase of the charade? 🤣Auba made that impossible by treating the place like a youth club. Turns out that for anyone supporting the club and wanting us to improve, it was a good decision. For anyone else, thanks for your interest, but don’t waste your time.
Lol. If Arteta ran over your granny you'd find a way to say it was a good decision.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I get that his numbers alone made it somewhat odd that he wasn’t given more time more often, but you could argue that’s shallow management. If his numbers were ridiculously good and he clearly played an integral role in the managers vision, then you’d have to dig deeper for a reason. That wasn’t the case though. It may have been in time if he was given those chances, but we can’t say that was ever the case. Even as an advocate of Pepe, the only argument I can make was he was dropped when in a bit of scoring form despite some pretty average performances overall. If I’m looking for a stick to beat the manager with I wouldn’t use Pepe. I’m not saying you are, I’m just saying I don’t think there’s enough innit 🤓
What's shallow management is missing my point for the second time. If we were flat track bullies or our biggest issues were defensively I'd agree that Pepe's not always consistent for 90 minutes performances could be an issue. Replacing Gomez with Mandzukic made sense because at the top level the former didn't cut it as a baller. Neither did we give Pepe a single ****ing chance to see whether he can iron his flaws out nor are we anywhere near a top team who had to go for a more "mature" player

Our problem during Artetas time have been in attack first and foremost though. Until now he hasn't shown that he can coach poor players into a cohesive attacking unit. If that's your problem then you find a way to incorporate Pepe, play Saka or him at LW doesn't matter you need to field your one player who knows where the goal is.

Moah

He's been my favourite player during his time here, but now he's gone, it's time we let it go.

We definitely should rub it in everyone's faces when he does well though :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
FbQW2N4WQAAYhow

@Nacho look at this carry job

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A talented player but he couldn't fit into what we have been trying to do and are doing presently.

Genuinely hope he does well returns here and makes a sustained contribution or at least does enough for another team to fork out some money and purchase him.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
They had two shots on target all game and those two came from Pepe after 77 minutes into the game while they down 0-3. I watched the game. He stood around for most of it. :facepalm:
You said in another thread you only watched a bit of the game though mate?

I really wanted pepe to do well , however the realisation that he just lost his confidence and or just didn't fit artetas style of football kicked in last season when after 60-70 mins off starting a match (can't recall which one) pepe could not beat his man , he got subbed of for saka who best his man within 20 secs of coming on .

Latest posts+

Top Bottom