• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

GDeep™

League is very weak
You have said a lot about Pepe.

1c9f7bd6fa0d81a4059e4daeb5968c15.png

2356e6a6863437f90b4858171456326f.png

d54ff4b6c61c85b16b33a015753a4e46.png

677b7a11e0aa34000ca03b9df19f4709.png

332ef5f57f128299db36b11d84efab81.png

60a62e9aea3bee324c565476512bd128.png
Those look like posts during games, which are crazy given the emotions of a game.

If that’s all you found for the last 4 years, then I’m not too far off what I said in my earlier post.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Those look like posts during games, which are crazy given the emotions of a game.

If that’s all you found for the last 4 years, then I’m not too far off what I said in my earlier post.
I didn't exactly scour through all of your last 4 years. There's a ton complaining about his price etc.

Was just funny since you had a post specifically about Sancho hitting the ground running.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One of my favourites. Best finisher at the club

Flawed but has some stuff you can't teach, shame he couldn't learn the stuff that can be taught

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In an era where the clubs were investing heavily in Hazard, Sancho, Havertz, Lukaku, Werner, Coutinho, Kepa, etc., think Pepe did better than all of them while playing against defenders and his own manager.

Never have a seen a guy being shut down by his own club as we did with Pepe, the moment Arteta brought in Willian it was all over for him.

My only regret is I didn't have a chance to see what he could do with a better team than what we were 2 years ago when everything was falling apart.

That being said, I like the new look of Arsenal, Saka was a safe bet on that right-wing and we don't need Pepe and his flaws in this system, although it would be nice to have him for rotation

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Sancho has only been here 1 season, that in a mess of a club too. Too early to bash him.

The other reason the media are a lot quieter is because Sancho has apparently suffered back to back deaths of people close to him, that’s the main reason in him being away.

I have never rated Sancho, but there is no need to write a young player off after 1 season, he didn’t pick his fee. I said the same about Pepe.
Not bashing Sancho. It’s dishonest and biased when the media makes Pepe a constant target surrounding his fee and performances but yet it’s all hush hush on Sancho.

Pepe has triple Sancho’s goals with double the appearances (although Pepe was in and out of the team for a good chunk) yet he was on another level of scrutiny.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not bashing Sancho. It’s dishonest and biased when the media makes Pepe was a constant target surrounding his fee and performances but yet it’s all hush hush on Sancho.

Pepe has triple Sancho’s goals with double the appearances (although Pepe was in and out of the team for a good chunk) yet he was on another level of scrutiny.

Pepe got battered by the online Arsenal fans and Arsenal related mouthpieces really who rued the transfer business, the rest of football forgot about him.

I remember pundits like Merson and that would say "didn't he cost 72 million?!" the rare times he did come up and that was the extent of their analysis there was nothing else to really say.

It's a shame, but I'm glad he's gone now as I don't think any player deserves what he experienced here at this club.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I actually rate Pepe and under another manager maybe things would have turned out better. His performance levels are all over the place, though, which is why he was never an Arteta player. But he does have that raw skill that can win you matches. He’s made some filthy plays for us at the carpet just skinning defenders left and right and curling in goals. In the end you need only look at how consistent Saka has been and how he’s committed to his tasks in a tactical sense to see why Pepe didn’t make it.

Just happy to see him doing well. If he’s happy at Nice I hope they sign him permanently.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I miss Pepe. He really does have that x factor, I wanted him to succeed so much. Not because of the pricetag but because of what I saw on the pitch. That beautiful left foot and the way he wraps it around the ball.

Pepe was a good way to split people who understand football and don't understand football IMO. You would see people call him Gervinho or a rubbish version of Walcott. I don't understand these comparisons they're poor, Pepe was one of the best strikers of the ball here. Great finishing, finesse shots, crosses, power shots. His problem was his consistency over a game and the system we played.

He was also unfortunate career wise because he wasn't Arteta's player, and wasn't even Emery's player. He was a victim of Raul's agent book antics and was therefore never invested in properly by a manager.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Great finishing, finesse shots, crosses, power shots. His problem was his consistency over a game and the system we played.
I'm not even sure consistency was the issue, Saka, Martinelli, Ode, all had poor periods last season, but the difference was they would do the basics right on a poor night while Pepe would make silly mistakes irritating Arteta and the coaching team.

We also don't know what training sessions looked like with Pepe, some players said he was unplayable but also I would imagine he would have too much fun, which is not something Arteta would be happy with. Arteta loves professionalism above anything else, it was a mismatch from day one, which was clear when he brought Willian in before the season started, so you can't even say Pepe disappointed Arteta on the pitch as the deal was done during Arteta's first summer here

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The hope with Pepe is he returns and performs consistently alongside doing the basics of what Arteta wants. Hopefully he returns with a point to prove

A front 6 of
Martinelli Jesus Saka
Mudryk Eddie Pepe

Sounds exciting. If they can all perform with ESR and Vieira also in contention we have a good attack to rotate and compete in all competitions.

It would leave the summer open to pursue a midfielder or two (Tielemans on a free and another)

All if buts and maybes of course.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm not even sure consistency was the issue, Saka, Martinelli, Ode, all had poor periods last season, but the difference was they would do the basics right on a poor night while Pepe would make silly mistakes irritating Arteta and the coaching team.

We also don't know what training sessions looked like with Pepe, some players said he was unplayable but also I would imagine he would have too much fun, which is not something Arteta would be happy with. Arteta loves professionalism above anything else, it was a mismatch from day one, which was clear when he brought Willian in before the season started, so you can't even say Pepe disappointed Arteta on the pitch as the deal was done during Arteta's first summer here
The Willian deal was done almost straight after Pepe had a great end to the season, particularly in the FA Cup final. That 20 yd strike that flew into the top corner was beautiful. Anyway, glad he‘s doing well now he’s got regular football.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I miss Pepe. He really does have that x factor, I wanted him to succeed so much. Not because of the pricetag but because of what I saw on the pitch. That beautiful left foot and the way he wraps it around the ball.

Pepe was a good way to split people who understand football and don't understand football IMO. You would see people call him Gervinho or a rubbish version of Walcott. I don't understand these comparisons they're poor, Pepe was one of the best strikers of the ball here. Great finishing, finesse shots, crosses, power shots. His problem was his consistency over a game and the system we played.

He was also unfortunate career wise because he wasn't Arteta's player, and wasn't even Emery's player. He was a victim of Raul's agent book antics and was therefore never invested in properly by a manager.
It's obvious what his problems are. A poor first touch, not a very good link up player and actually not even a good one v one player. Poor touch, passing and dribbling, only skill up to standard was shooting and Pepe was surprisingly good in the air. Also it was obvious his speed of thought and processing are not on the level required, same with Tavares. That's where he is similar to Walcott, not dumb footballers, but just kinda slow, they don't think two or three steps ahead like most great players.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There is absolutely no hope of him kicking another ball for us again I’m afraid. The decision to cut losses has already been made by the top brass, the head honchos, the godfathers, the lord of the rings, the jaws…what’s me point again

Your point doesn't matter because you are right. Whether you had time for him or not, nobody should want to see that again let him play in France or Turkey in peace.

Top Bottom