• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah he's done here by the looks of it. Lasted a bit longer than them but think it's fair to file him under his mates Saliba and Guendouzi now.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Pepe is nowhere near as bad as we’ve made him look but I do agree that he hasn’t shown enough fight under Arteta.
I disagree with the fight thing, he tries whenever he's been called upon - to the point where even I wish he would just give it up.

Instead he defended more, cut out the dribbling, passes backwards when there's nothing obvious infront of him and it's ironically cost him because the Hale End kids are better at that stuff then he will ever be.

Short term memories on here too, he's been effective whenever he's come in and I don't think there's much he can really do. Pepe is the only player I've seen get worse in the fans eyes for not playing. They usually become overrated when they are away from the public eye but people will barefaced tell you he's been awful when infact he's had very limited appearances.

It's funny ESR practically scores every week and doesn't have a great performance, but it's seen totally differently to when Pepe was doing it. Instead of realising the attack is broken and relies on individual quality, people bring up 72 million and age and etc.

I am looking forward to our big splurge in attack this summer anyways, cause then we either improve by force or Arteta runs out of places and elderly French personnel to hide behind. I strongly suspect it will be the latter.

Bloodbather

Established Member

It's funny ESR practically scores every week and doesn't have a great performance, but it's seen totally differently to when Pepe was doing it. Instead of realising the attack is broken and relies on individual quality, people bring up 72 million and age and etc.
I've noticed this, too. I think it has to do with ESR being an academy product and Pépé being a costly signing.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rate Raph highly but like @Troopz said I’d rather he goes to a club that will get the best out of him.

Pepe is nowhere near as bad as we’ve made him look but I do agree that he hasn’t shown enough fight under Arteta. Then again, what can you really do if the manager has never rated you? Maybe when he leaves he’ll speak on the situation but I know him being friends with Douzi and Saliba hasn’t done him any favours.
Gnabry has unfinished business here and Bayern might still want Pepe 🤷🏾‍♂️

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m a massive fan of Raphinha and seen him for Leeds a few times this season but I think he’d struggle here tbh. He’s a player that requires freedom to see the best of him and he won’t be getting that under Arteta. This Arteta system + the majority of our attacks being built up from the left as opposed to the right side will make him look average as hell.

It’s obvious it’s not a personnel problem but rather this woeful robotic system that Arteta has in place.

Hes really good but it don't see the need for him with Saka. Part of Pepe's problem is the manager obviously fancies Saka on the right, which I actually agree with him on. Getting rid of Pepe and bringing Raphina in just prolongs this issue.

I think Saka has locked down the RW position, we should be spending the money of a CF and CM/8.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

@Macho and @Trilly

I think he still has our most assists this season, can't remember the last time I watched him play.

That's impressive for Pepe, but kinda damning for the rest of our forwards :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Gnabry has unfinished business here and Bayern might still want Pepe 🤷🏾‍♂️
I view Gnabry as a Sterling type player, decent in build up play with sound decision making but ultimately still a player who thrives when 1v1 to beat a man and put in that final shot/cross after good build up play or being the player to finish off moves.

That type of player comes here and sees their numbers plummet tbh. It’s a Bernardo Silva type that’s needed for Arteta’s Arsenal, someone whose natural creativity can make up for the absolute lack of it in our system.

dbig

@Macho and @Trilly

I think he still has our most assists this season, can't remember the last time I watched him play.

That's impressive for Pepe, but kinda damning for the rest of our forwards :lol:
I see 1 assist and 0 goals from 7 games, 5 starts in the PL. Not sure if it's correct.

Riou

I see 1 assist and 0 goals from 7 games, 5 starts in the PL. Not sure if it's correct.

He has 2 beautiful assists in the Carling Cup too, a trophy we are bringing home this season.

Nico will get the winner in the final, or the game winning assist.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He has 2 beautiful assists in the Carling Cup too, a trophy we are bringing home this season.

Nico will get the winner in the final, or the game winning assist.
What's wrong with you :lol:

In all comps I think it's probably tied or something I guess? but I haven't been tracking It doesn't really matter at this point. No point tallying stats for such an awkward situation.

Riou

His one assist in the league this season, won't be beat either.

He cuts inside his man v Norwich, curls a shot against the post...goes for the rebound, which Krul manages to save...but Pepe falls over the keeper, the ball hits his flailing leg, as he's upside down in mid-air...falls to Auba, who taps it in.

Those are the moments that make you fall in love with the game, tbh.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Losing respect for him. Why isn’t he kicking up a fuss? No fake rumours of a transfer to Barca. Just looking like one melon on the bench. Your business pal! It’s above me now

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Losing respect for him. Why isn’t he kicking up a fuss? No fake rumours of a transfer to Barca. Just looking like one melon on the bench. Your business pal! It’s above me now
I catch more flack for wanting him to move and prove himself than he does :lol:

I am very much in the same boat as you now. Maybe some info is released down the line that explains this a little bit but yeah I am massively disappointed in all parties.

Weak from Arsenal for not scouting a 72 mil signing properly and having a plan for him, and this guy for taking all of this. Just poor.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I catch more flack for wanting him to move and prove himself than he does :lol:

I am very much in the same boat as you now. Maybe some info is released down the line that explains this a little bit but yeah I am massively disappointed in all parties.

Weak from Arsenal for not scouting a 72 mil signing properly and having a plan for him, and this guy for taking all of this. Just poor.
Hope there’s more to it but doubt it. No player that backs themselves hasn’t started kicking up a fuss by now.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He is a frustrating player but he does have some quality, seems a bit strange how he has been handled and not even featuring. I thought he had a decent season last term but arteta kept dropping him after he would get a goal.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom