• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Missed the game, saw the pass map though and he looked to have killed it. But if Mikel doesn't like you, you're finished here.
Based on what evidence? And in any case, if any manager at any club doesn’t fancy a player, they’re done at that club too. You’re going to say ‘well, Özil and… umm… Mustafi? Yeah, him and errr… Auba!… yeah…. Auba’. Completely irrational stuff from the manager, that… 🤔

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
At the end of the day if the manager really hated the player he wouldn’t have got a look in tonight, so he must be hated less than Özil… but more than … some other bloke who must be hated because we can’t field 14 players on a Saturday ffs. At worst, he’s being overlooked for players that are delivering nearly every week.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Pepe's biggest problem is that he's competing with Saka for a spot in the starting 11. Also, the fact that we're not in Europe means we don't have to rotate players as much.

Maybe Mikel doesn't like him, but even though he had a great game today, I don't think anyone would consider benching Saka for Pepe.

If Pepe could play multiple positions in attack, it would be easier to find him minutes, but he basically only plays RW.

Hopefully, he gets more minutes because we don't want to overplay Saka.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I think Pepe's biggest problem is that he's competing with Saka for a spot in the starting 11. Also, the fact that we're not in Europe means we don't have to rotate players as much.

Maybe Mikel doesn't like him, but even though he had a great game today, I don't think anyone would consider benching Saka for Pepe.

If Pepe could play multiple positions in attack, it would be easier to find him minutes, but he basically only plays RW.

Hopefully, he gets more minutes because we don't want to overplay Saka.
Would like to see him tried out at striker, issue is that we don't have too many matches where we can get away with experimenting.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Can’t even fault Arteta for Pepe. I mean Emery tried with him too and couldn’t get much out of the Ivorian. The way I see it. The only thing holding back Saka is his finishing, the only thing holding back Pepe is well…everything else. Saka is 20! He can still develop that goal-scoring ability in his latter years. Pepe is 26. This is who he is. An enigma wrapped in the blanket of uncertainty and then doused in the oil of riddles.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Pepe has load of talent but a lot of times his decision making is poor. That being said, I'd like to see him on the right with Tomiyasu instead of Cedric.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That being said, I'd like to see him on the right with Tomiyasu instead of Cedric.
Waste of time, Tomi offers him absolutely nothing.

Look at all the attacks leading to goal, Cedric supports him and he looks a thousand times more comfortable having both the option to cut in or pass to Cedric on the overlap. Cedric is the only rb at the club who does this.

That’s all he’s ever needed and Arteta doesn’t want to play that way so, Pepe is done. Pepe and Arteta having zero rapport is obvious but speculation on my part, the footballing side is not and clear to see.

Pepe is clearly a fine player, just wrong system and a manager not willing to accommodate anybody (not just Pepe) which is fair enough. I have zero issues with Pepe’s lack of playing time.

The fans overdo the consistency of the likes of Saka and ESR though, plenty of weeks when they are serving up bricks but we just accept it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Thanks to @fred1266 for the vid
He looks hot in that compilation.

We needed to get the best out of every ounce of talent we had a few years ago. Now we've got so much we can ditch £75m players, and £280K a week players whose style or form doesn't quite suit the manager. Almost City levels. It's mad.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He looks hot in that compilation.

We needed to get the best out of every ounce of talent we had a few years ago. Now we've got so much we can ditch £75m players, and £280K a week players whose style or form doesn't quite suit the manager. Almost City levels. It's mad.
Yeah, the club likes to plead poverty and that’s far from the case when you look at our actions.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pepe has load of talent but a lot of times his decision making is poor. That being said, I'd like to see him on the right with Tomiyasu instead of Cedric.
So take the decision away from him. Play him at CF. He is instinctive in and around the box. Transitioning from our half to theirs or the wing to a central area with the ball throws up too many patterns and decisions.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Extremely entertaining performance against an injury hit Leauge One side. I personally feel he’s had enough chances to impress in the first team and other guys have grabbed their places on merit.

Pepe seems a decent guy and I wish him nothing but good fortune.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
From the highlights, it looked like Nico ruined them.

Clearly a very talented player...he's scoring or assisting the winner in the final of the League Cup, still believe that.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From the highlights, it looked like Nico ruined them.

Clearly a very talented player...he's scoring or assisting the winner in the final of the League Cup, still believe that.

Tbf was class in our cup run the other year, arguably our second best player behind Auba. Say what you want about the fella but in the grand scheme of things he's achieved more in the English games than the likes of Kane and Son...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
he's achieved more in the English games than the likes of Kane and Son...

2018-06-22-Waterboy-GIF-censored.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It’s only weird in that it’s a post that makes perfect sense in a thread that’s 90% bollocks.
It read like the thoughts of a drunken man. Couldn’t even follow it.

If the unprovoked benching for Willian or the whole sending off v Leeds didn’t make it clear then the almost visible frost between the two should show you the relationship there is far from great. Not sure why that bothers you so much. :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom