• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
You’ve spent so much time defending the people don’t even read your posts. I wouldn’t even bother being diplomatic, this was the only thread of a player who didn’t play that got bumped which says something.

Wouldn’t even bother with geodude he’s one of the worst posters on the forum, lacks any sort of objectivity when it comes to his Hale End darlings.

That's not true at all. I have been saying since 2015 that Nketiah is not good enough to play for Arsenal when I was watching him play for the U18 team.

I wasn't even posting on here back then. I never really rated AMN either. I have also consistently said that I don't see a very high ceiling for ESR.

I think he is a good complementary piece, but not a star quality level talent. Only Saka has been the one that I have raved about for the last 4 years. Even when people said he will be nothing more than Eboue level.

And even with Saka, I have criticized his first touch and explosiveness. I even stated that Iwobi had the better touch and link up ability, although Saka has really improved his combination play for the first team. I feel the same way about Pepe as I did about Ramsey. Many people used to say Ramsey was a great player, but I just never saw it.

Apart from the 13/14 season, he was a mediocre player for most of his time here. Usually injured or chasing his first touch or just generally making poor decisions, but he could score some great goals and people would forget the other flaws in his game. Felt the same way about Walcott and Giroud too.

Moah

That's not true at all. I have been saying since 2015 that Nketiah is not good enough to play for Arsenal when I was watching him play for the U18 team.

I wasn't even posting on here back then. I never really rated AMN either. I have also consistently said that I don't see a very high ceiling for ESR.

I think he is a good complementary piece, but not a star quality level talent. Only Saka has been the one that I have raved about for the last 4 years. Even when people said he will be nothing more than Eboue level.

And even with Saka, I have criticized his first touch and explosiveness. I even stated that Iwobi had the better touch and link up ability, although Saka has really improved his combination play for the first team. I feel the same way about Pepe as I did about Ramsey. Many people used to say Ramsey was a great player, but I just never saw it.

Apart from the 13/14 season, he was a mediocre player for most of his time here. Usually injured or chasing his first touch or just generally making poor decisions, but he could score some great goals and people would forget the other flaws in his game. Felt the same way about Walcott and Giroud too.
The thing is what Pepe gets is the exact opposite of how Ramsey was treated like. Literally only a handful of posters back Pepe on here and he is hated on by the majority of the fanbase.

And, you can't really compare what the two brought to the team. Ramsey was a very injury prone player and never really affected an entire season for the club except for that one season. Pepe was the player with the most goal-involvement in the entire team last season despite being given half the chance of the others. Some will say he was stat-padding in the Europa but that was the only place he was getting consistent minutes. The only time he got consistent game time in the league was by the end of the season and we know how that ended for him. Every time we see him being given consistent minutes in the team, he produces.

What you want from your forwards is product. Having 100% pass accuracy with zero product means **** all for a forward. If you do get a forward who can do both then hurray but that is a world-class player that costs 100M+.

What ESR and Saka did in the last game was great. If they can go on doing what they did, they 100% deserve their places and deserve to be labelled world class. Them making passes all day means nothing if we don't make value from it.

We don’t play to his strengths which is why I said what I said.

Despite that he got almost double the goals+assists per 90. You can disagree with me if you want but you can’t laugh at my statement. As others have said anyway, you expect him to be the better player.

I would never laugh at you bro! I only laugh with you!

I think Saka is a top talent in his own, can become one of the best player in the league and hopefully CL as we move forward!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You still haven’t explained why Macho and I are psychotic for making the same observation as you? Are you also psychotic? Could you consult your diagnosis handbook please?

chessygoal

Pepe will get 20+goals ans 10+assists this season, haters can enjoy the next few weeks.
But seriously, Saka and ESR did exactly what top players are supposed to do, Arteta trusted them, and they delivered. Pepe had many opportunities to do just that and he often missed them, he has only himself to blame on that one.
But it's going to be a long season, he'll have his chance again.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
You still haven’t explained why Macho and I are psychotic for making the same observation as you? Are you also psychotic? Could you consult your diagnosis handbook please?

Playing victim is not a good look for a grown man. It just seems weird to me how some of you make so much excuses for Pepe like y'all are his mistress. He is 26, most expensive signing in club history and no better than a Theo Walcott with flair, it's really that simple (not an insult as Walcott scored over 100 goals in his Arsenal career). No need to get much deeper than that. He is not the quickest thinker and his fundamentals are very flawed.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I could understand keeping him on the bench v/s Sp**s, but why not play him here?

This is probably the biggest witch-hunt after Özil.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I could understand keeping him on the bench v/s Sp**s, but why not play him here?

This is probably the biggest witch-hunt after Özil.
Spot on, think we should play without Pepe vs top 4 teams, at least away games, but he should start everything else. That Sp**s win just fooled a lot of people, there's no way ESR, Ode, and Saka will hit the right numbers. Arteta is such a naive fool, you wouldn't believe someone at this level can be that dumb.

I'm not even saying here Pepe would give us anything yesterday, just saying how things should work for the whole season.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Pepe is pointless and will fail the way we are playing him atm, I’ve always said it but as a traditional rw who hugs the touchline he’s trash, no good 1v1with the full back. The only way is to set up to try to get him in on goal or shooting from the edge of the area. If it’s impossible to change the way he plays from the right then he’s been far better for us from the left and that’s where he should play.

MikeVinna

Established Member
If we were a side that could actually create chances for him or at least play him in around the box he would be lethal. The way he’s being played right now is not to his strengths.

That isn’t to say there’s no blame on him. But Arteta is setting him up to fail unless he performs some kind of miracle and turns into a different player than the one we bought for 70 odd million pounds.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
wasn't very impressed with him in his 30 minutes he was good for 5 minutes and then back again to lose the ball and his first touch always too bad. he'll still start majority of the games arteta was right to go with same front 4 that put 3 against Sp**s .

would be massive for us offensively if he did get some of his form back of 2nd half of last season but until now he hasn't unfortunately

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Be interesting to see what happens next summer, he’ll have 2 years left and it’ll be decision time. Don’t think he’s worth an extension on £100k+ a week, especially if he’s not a starter. Don’t know what his value is on the market either though.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Be interesting to see what happens next summer, he’ll have 2 years left and it’ll be decision time. Don’t think he’s worth an extension on £100k+ a week, especially if he’s not a starter. Don’t know what his value is on the market either though.
I feel like it would be best for him if he left after this season however if we get a new manager everything might change.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Entirely depends on him.

Nobody is coming in for him unprompted and I don't see him pushing to leave. Another 2 years of this essentially and he sadly seems more than fine with it.

I don't see enough about him to be embarrassed about being ousted by kids or to force a move or loan.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
would be massive for us offensively if he did get some of his form back of 2nd half of last season but until now he hasn't unfortunately
He's tied for most assists this season. He scored 10 goals last season too.

I don't understand how he is out of form.

Reactions: Kav

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
not out of form just the output offensively is not there yet
i think this is a problem with him since we bought him. He is extremely inconsistent over 90 minutes. He really needs to play 90 minutes to let him produce one of his moments.

We really need to make sure he plays for at least one half each game. We have no width without him.

Top Bottom