• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So Saka and ESR are both crap! 🤔 We heard it here, @Macho Oct 2021 :)
Sp**s aside they’ve not been great and I’m sick of this forum pretending they are something that they are not, yet blaming one bit part player who perhaps rightfully doesn’t always start.

They don’t perform well, it’s their own fault just like Pepe. They are starters on grown man contracts and grown man squad numbers on their backs now.

Funny enough, everybody looked fine on international duty, but a lot of you are blind.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Also for the record, even though I don't like the way Arteta sets us up I do have to admit I feel like he's got the pecking order of our attacking players absolutely bang on. For now.

With all things considered it's not an absolute travesty that Pepe isn't an automatic starter in this team.

However a lot of you take the absolute piss when evaluating our player performances.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Pepe was directly involved in our 2 goals yesterday and people are still on smoke

True. @Macho has a good point tbf after reading some of the dreadful posts from the usual culprits in here it’s actually got me wondering whether people know how to analyse a players performance without any agendas. I remember last season, I got hate for saying Xhaka performed better than Partey but I only posted what I saw on the pitch.

Makes you wonder tho, Emile Kill Flow thread hasn’t been bumped since Thursday 👀 does that mean he played well?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Just like the rest of the team, he's regressing, but I want him around for a new manager, a manager like Tuchel who let's them have freedom to do what they want in the final 3rd, not this absolute freak Mikel.

I am at the stage now where I won't bother giving an opinion on most players who are playing under a manager who has a 33% win rate at the Emirates.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Sp**s aside they’ve not been great and I’m sick of this forum pretending they are something that they are not, yet blaming one bit part player who perhaps rightfully doesn’t always start.

They don’t perform well, it’s their own fault just like Pepe. They are starters on grown man contracts and grown man squad numbers on their backs now.

Funny enough, everybody looked fine on international duty, but a lot of you are blind.

Sp**s aside everyone's been below their best. I don't blame Pepe for anyone else's performance, I blame Arteta.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Ian Wright was absolutely spot on about him in the pregame program.

He said that Arsenal are too slow in the build-up so he will always have two guys marking him and loses the ball.

He wanted then to pass to him early so he could have a run at the defense.
Yeah we have literally no idea how to attack, it's unfair to judge our forwards. People seem to want forwards like ESR and Saka who score/assist once every blue moon.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Lets be real here. We get a top tier coach in and Pepe wont survive the first 6 months under him. Just awful player with good end product if everyone is nice with him.
Which is still better than seeing all those awful performances from others with no end product

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pepe was directly involved in our 2 goals yesterday and people are still on smoke
This always used to be the defence for Theo Walcott. It's annoying. It's not enough to show up in one or two moments but lose duels and possession 80% of the time. The net contribution is negative. Needs to double down on lunges because he really struggles with his balance. Watching the CL tonight and tomorrow is difficult because the gap in standards is obvious.

Knowing his limitations; I'd like to see him used more as an out and out attacker. Arteta's obsession with positional play doesn't help at all.

chessygoal

One of us has to learn something, it's either me who has to learn that "he should ride the bench" or it would be you who needs to understand that it's not a coincidence that all of our players are just ****e at the same time, and we have some very good players constantly underperforming.

Pepe on his bad day still sets up a goal, and there's only a couple of players in the league who will make a shot like that from that angle.

The rest of your comment is pure garbage, there were so many times he would make a run this season but midfielders would ignore him (ESR was the obvious one), but you still come up to say he is being static. He was tracking back constantly but you still come up with rubbish that he doesn't. The team as a whole doesn't press but you still pick him for some reason.

I agree with one thing with you, he didn't offer much in the build up, but I knew that since day one and you still struggle to understand him as a player after 2 years of watching him.

You and some other guys come here frustrated from Artetaball and our poor results and Pepe is always your go to guy to release your frustration without using your brain for 2 seconds. Some of you lot come here to stink the place even when he is on the bench, just because you are frustrated. I'm frustrated as well, I could go on now and write ****e about Auba, Ode, Partey, ESR, Lokonga, or whoever, they were all dreadful, but it's just pointless and wrong. Unless you can't find a connection there, there's not much to talk to you about I'm afraid
I said it before and I'll say it again, a quick look at my messages will tell you that I always defend Pepe and hate Artetaball, so your argument about coming here to bash players is worth nothing.
Pepe had a bad game, you can just compare his tracking back during the 1st half to what he did during the second half to see that he checked-out mentally. It has nothing to do with ArtetaBall.
His off the ball movement was completely inefficient because it wasn't timed right. At some point Ødegaard even screamed at him because Pepe's movement made him completely unreachable, giving Ødegaard no solution but going backwards.
It's frustrating because he had a chance to prove that he could be part of our best XI. Now Arteta is going to drop him, and it's deserved.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His stats are good but I still feel there's a lot missing. If you combine him and Saka, you have a great wide player. He's working hard but the ball either doesn't arrive or he moves at the wrong time or stops. I wish Pures hadn't be exiled. I feel he'd set Pepe right.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
This always used to be the defence for Theo Walcott. It's annoying. It's not enough to show up in one or two moments but lose duels and possession 80% of the time. The net contribution is negative. Needs to double down on lunges because he really struggles with his balance. Watching the CL tonight and tomorrow is difficult because the gap in standards is obvious.

Knowing his limitations; I'd like to see him used more as an out and out attacker. Arteta's obsession with positional play doesn't help at all.

Ramsey and Walcott. Both frauds just like Pepe, flatter to deceive. Auba to me falls in that category too. Laca is a better footballer, just lacks elite athleticism and stamina. But we really should have not even gone for Laca who was 26 and still bumming around Ligue 1 and was not playing for PSG, reg flags everywhere. It's so obvious the Pepe project is not going to work even with a different manager. Just like it was obvious that we really need to replace Arteta before January. Just like it is obvious that Ben White will be looked at as a disappointment by the time he moves on from here, decent talent, but never worth that transfer fee.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

True. @Macho has a good point tbf after reading some of the dreadful posts from the usual culprits in here it’s actually got me wondering whether people know how to analyse a players performance without any agendas. I remember last season, I got hate for saying Xhaka performed better than Partey but I only posted what I saw on the pitch.

Makes you wonder tho, Emile Kill Flow thread hasn’t been bumped since Thursday 👀 does that mean he played well?

Emile is your new scapegoat?

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Pepe's left foot is a gem, he has great technique and shooting but you need more than that.

You see some boys with great technique performing street art in the middle of Paris as well, doesn't make them a good football player.

I don't know what to make of him, he is so easy to play against and if you can stop him from shooting with space he isn't threatening at all. I am not even sure if another manager can make him better here

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pepe's left foot is a gem, he has great technique and shooting but you need more than that.

You see some boys with great technique performing street art in the middle of Paris as well, doesn't make them a good football player.

I don't know what to make of him, he is so easy to play against and if you can stop him from shooting with space he isn't threatening at all. I am not even sure if another manager can make him better here
The Ivory Coast international lost out on 13 of his duels, and failed with five crossing attempts and five dribbles, while he also lost possession of the ball on no fewer than on 22 separate occasions in the match, the most out of any of his teammates to have set foot on the pitch

Even if he’d scored a hat trick this would be annoying. The whole point of this mundane approach play of ours is that we have more of the ball and therefore more control. We absolutely cannot do that if we can’t make the ball stick up front and move further up the pitch as a team.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Ivory Coast international lost out on 13 of his duels, and failed with five crossing attempts and five dribbles, while he also lost possession of the ball on no fewer than on 22 separate occasions in the match, the most out of any of his teammates to have set foot on the pitch

Even if he’d scored a hat trick this would be annoying. The whole point of this mundane approach play of ours is that we have more of the ball and therefore more control. We absolutely cannot do that if we can’t make the ball stick up front and move further up the pitch as a team.

Very good point this, applies to Auba as well. I think Arteta's rubbish football would work better if we had people up top that could hold the ball properly. It makes the transfer window more baffling to me. He persists with this style of player, yet fails to sign the players up top to give it a chance of working.

Auba and Pepe need to be a system where we get the ball up front faster.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It’s all good not rating Pepe because to be quite frank he’s not performing to the required standards. He’s rightfully in and out the team because of this.

Where it all falls flat for me is seeing the players that do get hailed up, it just doesn’t make much sense.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think part of ESR's issue tonight was not having Saka on the right.
Pepe has been poor overall this season but ESRs “issue” was all down to himself. This isn’t an isolated incident either, there’s a whole thread.

That arguably makes it 2-0 and the game is done. But yeah, it’s cos Saka wasn’t there. 🤣

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom