• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

mpower2540

Saka has had exactly the same platform. You’d think he was the £70 odd million 26/27 year old and Pepe was the 20 year old in his 3rd season as a starter in adult football.
I get that, just I think that platform has suited Saka more than Pepe therefore Saka has looked better. If it comes down to who should start on the right then it’s Saka right now. It’s not that I think Pepe is better than Saka.

However I believe your post is implying that there are lots of excuses being given for Pepe when he doesn’t deserve them. Well personally I think they’re legitimate excuses. He’s a transition player who in most of his performances for us has played in a team that wants to be possession based and starts attacks so deep we’ve got no hope of getting the best out of him.

I look at games like Villa, where we were much more aggressive and structured positionally and I think he could really create serious danger.

You might not rate him at all which is fair enough and I can’t really argue that Saka at a much younger age has had a much larger impact I just think we’ve set Pepe up to fail.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Maybe we get out transitions right because he is not playing?
For a player who made his name playing in a transition team…I doubt it. Some players are easy to manage because they’re either world class or very well rounded and clever. That’s Saka for example.

Others may have huge upside if utilised well but have limitations that make them trickier to handle, Pogba, prime Walcott and pre-Godmode Salah are good examples. Arteta just doesn’t have the nous to get the best out of Pepe because he hasn’t been able to solve the puzzle which is getting him into goal scoring positions.

Put Pepe in a top team that creates chances and has him finishing them off and people would talk about him very differently. This is a guy that was more clinical than both Auba and Mo Salah last season. It’s not even making excuses, it’s just facts. People who judge attackers in Arteta’s system are beyond saving anyway.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The guys an unused sub and the same lot keep bumping the thread finding new ways to say "I don't hate him, but I can't believe how sh*t he is, Saka is superior on the right"

Keep it up I'll delete this whole thread tbh, send you lot to the Saka thread.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The worst thing he can do is to score today, AM experts would be all over him with their usual "he can only do it in nothing games"

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
The worst thing he can do is to score today, AM experts would be all over him with their usual "he can only do it in nothing games"

If you truly support Arsenal and have no agenda there is no way you can want Pepe in this team. Arteta, Pepe, Edu, Kroenkes, Auba, Elneny and Xhaka need to leave this club for the curse to be broken.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If you truly support Arsenal and have no agenda there is no way you can want Pepe in this team. Arteta, Pepe, Edu, Kroenkes, Auba, Elneny and Xhaka need to leave this club for the curse to be broken.
When Auba leaves this club is finished. Who is going to score?:lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Crying 🤣🤣 you should do it
I'm close. Everytime the thread gets bumped as an unused sub whilst ESR and Saka's are swimming in the depths of Arsenal talk I take it very personally.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I'm close. Everytime the thread gets bumped as an unused sub whilst ESR and Saka's are swimming in the depths of Arsenal talk I take it very personally.
Sums up most of your posts in this thread:lol:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
When Auba leaves this club is finished. Who is going to score?:lol:

That's why the team needs a real rebuild. All this stuff that has happened since Wenger left is just covering the cracks, but nowhere near good enough to compete with the big boys in Europe and not doing a great job developing the youngsters. Saka and Martinelli look like they have regressed a bit. The way Arteta has handled Saliba is shameful. That's why it's really annoying to me. I can not get behind this team and management cause I just don't feel they have a real identity or connection to the fans, everything feels so fluky and superficial.

Top Bottom