• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

no memo is gonna change Pepe has been a flop and Lille did a number on us. Just accept it instead of finding dumb excuses for him. What’s next opposition defenders don’t give him space and time?

And who do you suggest we play?

People chat so much rubbish but can’t come up with alternatives.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Imagine tripping over your walking stick and fuming because people are defending an Arsenal player.

Can never be me.
I haven’t got a clue what’s going on tbh. I’m a fan of the player but if it calls for the level of gymnastics I’m seeing here to defend a player, it’s always best to stay away and let it burn out.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So what’s the consensus, two years on? Dusted?
Worst player at the club and we don't know why he plays even the cup matches at all is where most on here are at.

I don't think it's worked out for him and he should move on, but I don't see enough in him to be burned by his current spot in this fledgling team however.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

And who do you suggest we play?

People chat so much rubbish but can’t come up with alternatives.
Esr and saka with laca and Auba. If one of them is out put Ødegaard in and change formation. If more are out play martinelli. If even more players are out. Then change formation and play 3 cms. Anyone but him

Macho

Dusted 🔻

How many times do you guys have to see the Laca/Auba thing to realise it doesn't work :lol:

Think Emery came the closest to getting that going, under Arteta we were staring at relegation. I think the Sp**s line up is the best we're gonna do until summer.

Despite the complaints there's nothing wrong with Pepe playing fodder games until the semis and then dropping him for Saka/ESR/ODG like last season.

He's being paid he might as well give Saka a breather here and there otherwise I don't know what you guys want the club to do, it's mid season in October.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Esr and saka with laca and Auba. If one of them is out put Ødegaard in and change formation. If more are out play martinelli. If even more players are out. Then change formation and play 3 cms. Anyone but him

:lol:

This is what you’re crying for? Pepe hasn’t even been playing and the players you’ve mentioned have been given chances yet you’re still camped in this thread.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

How many times do you guys have to see the Laca/Auba thing to realise it doesn't work :lol:

Think Emery came the closest to getting that going, under Arteta we were staring at relegation. I think the Sp**s line up is the best we're gonna do until summer.

Despite the complaints there's nothing wrong with Pepe playing fodder games until the semis and then dropping him for Saka/ESR/ODG like last season.

He's being paid he might as well give Saka a breather here and there otherwise I don't know what you guys want the club to do, it's mid season in October.
Auba/Laca is the times we have looked the best. It’s our best bet

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Auba/Laca is the times we have looked the best. It’s our best bet
I like the pair of them and I disagree. This isn't even an opinion there's plenty to go off on to come to this conclusion, it's one or the other and the club made their choice in Auba.

I don't think some of you are being reasonable with some of your frustrations. Pepe is a bust we get it, but he can at least be 2nd string until summer it's not like were chasing the title.

People wanted to see Saka and ESR run around and we're getting that, it shouldn't be this much of a thing.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There’s that, and there’s this ‘UK fans’ totally false and bewildering generalisation thing which is just plain wrong ever so slightly insulting being a ‘UK fan’. Who are these people who are ok with turning over possession as long as it’s the result of a misdirected hoofed pass, as opposed to a player (Pepe) trying to lose his marker, and are you sure you’ve checked all ther passports?
I just watch AFTV sometimes to understand what most of the British fans are like. Do you have any example on this forum when someone said "this guy tried 5 crosses and all of them were a waste"? I certainly didn't, but there are some 20 pages of discussion on how Pepe tripped over the ball and failed to beat his man

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I just watch AFTV sometimes to understand what most of the British fans are like. Do you have any example on this forum when someone said "this guy tried 5 crosses and all of them were a waste"? I certainly didn't, but there are some 20 pages of discussion on how Pepe tripped over the ball and failed to beat his man

Cheers, AFTV has always been the very best example of what all British fans think… Excellent!

You asked if I had any example on this forum of a player wasting 20 crosses and people not being pissed with it? I’ll not bother asking if you know the nationalities of all those that weren’t, but I’ll answer that question in one word : Tierney. Go and have a look at his thread. I’ll say it again, it’s an awful generalisation to say UK fans are ok with any kind of turnover, but it’s the absurdity of it that gets me. Trying a bit too hard to make point, I think.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Cheers, AFTV has always been the very best example of what all British fans think… Excellent!

You asked if I had any example on this forum of a player wasting 20 crosses and people not being pissed with it? I’ll not bother asking if you know the nationalities of all those that weren’t, but I’ll answer that question in one word : Tierney. Go and have a look at his thread. I’ll say it again, it’s an awful generalisation to say UK fans are ok with any kind of turnover, but it’s the absurdity of it that gets me. Trying a bit too hard to make point, I think.
Not sure what confuses you about the term "average", I'm not saying you are like that, but in reality, most people will be like that (although that would be the case for any country).

Half of the Tierney criticism in that thread on his crossing was from me, people didn't even talk about it so I had to bring it up as it was pissing me off. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not sure what confuses you about the term "average", I'm not saying you are like that, but in reality, most people will be like that (although that would be the case for any country).

Half of the Tierney criticism in that thread on his crossing was from me, people didn't even talk about it so I had to bring it up as it was pissing me off. :lol:
I can think of 4 prolific posters off the top of my head, and that doesn’t even include you.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I can think of 4 prolific posters off the top of my head, and that doesn’t even include you.
Mate, I posted something on his crossing in either Tierney's thread or some matchday thread and was getting destroyed here for it. That was actually the first time it clicked for me that the way Tierney will lose the ball by hoofing it or crossing it, will be viewed very differently compared to Pepe's failed dribbling.

I will actually stop blaming fans for hating Pepe, his own manager can't stand him and can't deal with his frustrating mistakes, would be too much to ask that from the fans

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
To some extent Pepe has it hard, I don't think the manager would put him in his preferred starting eleven, but at the same time Pepe's got to come in when he does gets a chance and perform to a level where he forces the manager to pick him next game.

Rarely has he done that this season to be honest.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Rarely has he done that this season to be honest.
Yeah but how many games into the season? And there’s been 2 where players look good so I’d argue who does look great really.

I don’t see this assessment when certain other players are passing to the ball boy or the corner flag it’s kind of a pisstake now.

You guys really want to act like all of our attacking players haven’t tripped over the ball this season and it’s a shame.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Yeah but how many games into the season? And there’s been 2 where players look good so I’d argue who does look great really.

I don’t see this assessment when certain other players are passing to the ball boy or the corner flag it’s kind of a pisstake now.

You guys really want to act like all of our attacking players haven’t tripped over the ball this season and it’s a shame.

There definitely are different standards when it comes to judging players currently. Some of its natural though I think.

The likes of ESR and Saka get more leeway from fans than Pepe for sure. I think that's normal with them being youngsters from our own academy. There's a greater desire to see them succeed in most fans eyes I believe.

Even Martinelli who I thought was poorer than Pepe yesterday gets less criticism due to be in the ' Wonderkid' category I think.

Pepe's 26, a big money signing, fully fledged international, etc I think he gets held to a higher standard because of those things. Whether it's fair or not.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Pepe's 26, a big money signing, fully fledged international, etc I think he gets held to a higher stdard because of those things. Whether it's fair or not.
Well it's not a Xhaka or Willian situation where the manager forces him, he's a complete sideman who plays once a month and still gets obliterated on here. I don't get it.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Well it's not a Xhaka or Willian situation where the manager forces him, he's a complete sideman who plays once a month and still gets obliterated on here. I don't get it.

Some probably can't see past the £72m outlay when they see Pepe on the pitch I think.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Haha, it is stupid but generally football fans aren't exactly know for putting logic over emotions 😁

Top Bottom