• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So we're done with trying to bring down ESR so now let's go for Saka shall we?
Nah, they play in a similar position but Saka does not score enough to get him starts on the RW over Pepe.

We are barely scoring a goal every game so need more end product from the forwards.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
FDwzQX4WEAoikz8

I can't remember Pepe having many great chances in his playing time tbf

Henry boi

Love Pepe but these kids are just better at moment no valid excuses can be made on the behalf of Pepe this time around unfortunately

Wiggins

I'll never understand this player. It's like he's constantly running into a brick wall, over and over. I just don't get it. Is he playing football? I mean, what the frick is he doing out there every time he plays? He'd be more effective if he just immediately kicked the ball out into touch every time he gets it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Is it only for this season? We've barely created any chances in the games he was playing this season
Yup.

Out of the 480 mins he has played to qualify for that chart, 3 of his 90 minute starts were against Brentford, City and Chelsea where we did nothing as a team. 1 more start against Palace and the rest has been cameos. He's been dropped since Sp**s.

2 of Aubameyang's tap ins (Norwich & Palace) were shots off the post from Pepe that fell to him.

I explained this but didn't want people jumping on my neck accusing me of excuses, so I deleted it - but yeah he just hasn't been playing. Wouldn't surprise me if he started against Liverpool after international break then dropped when we tear up Newcastle the following week.

I think he will have a strong 2nd half of the season much like his previous 2 seasons, but funny how the first 3 match excuse applied to Arteta but not one of the unpopular players.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think he will have a strong 2nd half of the season much like his previous 2 seasons, but funny how the first 3 match excuse applied to Arteta but not one of the unpopular players.
I think he's not gonna play at all. :lol: If we get 2-3 injuries, maybe, but even Arteta's golden boy Ode struggles for minutes atm, and Pepe will be behind him
2 of Aubameyang's tap ins (Norwich & Palace) were shots off the post from Pepe that fell to him.
Probably someone counted those as "great chances" for Pepe and Auba put them in from 3 yards and he is now "overperforming" while Pepe is rock bottom on that graph. :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Probably someone counted those as "great chances" for Pepe and Auba put them in from 3 yards and he is now "overperforming" while Pepe is rock bottom on that graph. :lol:
I'm a fan of such graphs, but not without context.

American Gooner knew what he was doing posting up a graph showing that Pepe is currently the worst winger in the league :lol:

I just have to take it on the chin until further notice.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
American Gooner knew what he was doing posting up a graph showing that Pepe is currently the worst winger in the league :lol:
It wasn't even a hate thing, like I said Pepe hasn't really been afforded that many opportunities in front of goal. My main takeaway is that Auba could be in for another 18/19 season where he outperforms his xG like mad.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It wasn't even a hate thing, like I said Pepe hasn't really been afforded that many opportunities in front of goal. My main takeaway is that Auba could be in for another 18/19 season where he outperforms his xG like mad.
I don't see it with Auba, that trademark curler from the edge of the box is now gone.

Whilst he's known as a crappy footballer, to me he always had a bit of swagger to beat the final defender and get a shot off (think Chelsea FA Cup final), that's also gone.

He still has this knack of following up shots from team mates and knowing where the ball is gonna fall before anyone else on the pitch which is his super power that he will never lose.. but this workman version of Auba - it's not really for me and I actually hate what Arteta has done to my boi tbh barely recognise him.

Unicorn athlete though, to be running around like he does at his age is not everyday. Even the way he runs mechanically is excellent, it's not a surprise he never gets injured.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Any buyers in January u reckon?
No such luck chief.

Summer if we're lucky and that would take a lot of work from Pepe's end too. I feel he will go the way of Laca personally, which judging from his mannerisms from on bench he's fine with.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Saka has looked low key tired for a while now in my opinion.

Wish we could give him a rest.
Ideally, but I don't blame Arteta for not messing with this current set up on this run.

The international break might be a little breather I doubt Southgate will rinse him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Have a feeling he will score the winner in the League Cup final for us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I've seen a couple Pepe haters say this, knowing damn well he's not starting any final.

Super sub of the bench, 88th minute top corner v Sp**s... believe!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You could see from his first few games he was awful but people kept making excuses for him. I think it’s obvious now that it was just Raul scamming Arsenal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom