• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Well, since his thread has been bumped I noticed the Hale End lot didn’t hesitate to pass to each other which lead to some great chances and goals yesterday. When Pepe makes runs into the box or is in good positions they look for another option.

Quite damning tbh, doesn’t look good for Nico at all. If the manager, team mates and fans aren’t convinced by him after 3 seasons the club will either have to cut their losses or he has to accept the impact sub role.

I noticed Saka was furious with Pepe against Burnley, with everyone fit wasn’t surprised to see him dropped sadly.
Think you're really reaching here, honestly.

Lack of combinations between Pepe and others is much more powerfully (less tendentiously) explained by playing style's than by some kind of weird Hale End preference. (Anyways, I don't see this at all; the goals yesterday for example were not anything like Hale End combinations...Ødegaard--> Saka to Saka's pull across which could've been meant for anyone, Auba-->ESR-->Auba, the third ESR--> Saka and Saka scores after trying to make a pass to Auba...)

Anyways, like I said, this feels like a massive reach, I don't see any reticence among the players to pass to Pepe, and if he is slightly less involved it has to do simply with his style being a less combinative one in general. Also a bit weird this idea because in the last couple games our goals have come from moves in which Saka passed (or was trying to, as he was taken down) to Pepe.

I didn't see that bit about Saka being furious with Pepe but releasing the ball on time and combination are simply not his strengths. This is something that we all get annoyed with teammates about, when they have this kind of style. Being from Hale End has little to do with it (unless you think Saka and ESR don't like passing to Ode or Auba for this reason...of course the reality is they pass to Ode loads. Why will this be? Because of the combinative playing style of the player in comparison to Pepe's? Or because, despite not being from Hale End both, there is some other kind of conspiracy we can think of...?).

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lack of combinations between Pepe and others is much more powerfully (less tendentiously) explained by playing style's than by some kind of weird Hale End preference. (Anyways, I don't see this at all; the goals yesterday for example were not anything like Hale End combinations...Ødegaard--> Saka to Saka's pull across which could've been meant for anyone, Auba-->ESR-->Auba, the third ESR--> Saka and Saka scores after trying to make a pass to Auba...)

Anyways, like I said, this feels like a massive reach, I don't see any reticence among the players to pass to Pepe, and if he is slightly less involved it has to do simply with his style being a less combinative one in general. Also a bit weird this idea because in the last couple games our goals have come from moves in which Saka passed (or was trying to, as he was taken down) to Pepe.
Just to clarify, I’m not blaming Hale End I’m saying it’s a Pepe problem.

If we play like yesterday all the time without Pepe, then the lads reluctance to find him would be justified. Not reaching at all (perhaps over analysing one match), I am putting my bias aside and genuinely questioning his place in the starting 11.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

I didn't see that bit about Saka being furious with Pepe but releasing the ball on time and combination are simply not his strengths. This is something that we all get annoyed with teammates about, when they have this kind of style. Being from Hale End has little to do with it (unless you think Saka and ESR don't like passing to Ode or Auba for this reason...of course the reality is they pass to Ode loads. Why will this be? Because of the combinative playing style of the player in comparison to Pepe's? Or because, despite not being from Hale End both, there is some other kind of conspiracy we can think of...?).

It was the same thing when Özil and Sanchez were here. They used to only want to combine with each other and sometimes they will involve Iwobi cause they trusted his first touch and ability to link up quickly in stride. A player like Ramsey who needed 10 touches to control the ball was a no no. The same with Pepe. Just not good enough fundamentals and also a slow thinker. Slow mind and poor technique, not a good combo.

His apologists would like to pretend that he has the ball skills of Rivaldo, but it's simply not the case. He is like Chamberlain and Walcott had a baby. Although Walcott was more intelligent as a footballer than given credit for and did have decent end product just like Pepe. Chamberlain was really the brainless player just running around like a headless chicken, but had better ball control than Pepe.

Tomb Bombadil

After the sunday performance I guess we will see an unchanged 11 against Brighton other than Xhakas is injured. But I would consider bringing him for ESR because he has already quite a big injury record.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It was the same thing when Özil and Sanchez were here. They used to only want to combine with each other and sometimes they will involve Iwobi cause they trusted his first touch and ability to link up quickly in stride. A player like Ramsey who needed 10 touches to control the ball was a no no. The same with Pepe. Just not good enough fundamentals and also a slow thinker. Slow mind and poor technique, not a good combo.

His apologists would like to pretend that he has the ball skills of Rivaldo, but it's simply not the case. He is like Chamberlain and Walcott had a baby. Although Walcott was more intelligent as a footballer than given credit for and did have decent end product just like Pepe. Chamberlain was really the brainless player just running around like a headless chicken, but had better ball control than Pepe.

Think that's a bit harsh on Ramsey, him and Özil had a great chemistry. Agree with Sanchez though, both seemed to frustrate one another.

What Pepe offers is a great left foot, think he's a really good finisher. Unfortunately his combination play/decision making/technical stability isn't anywhere near ESR or Saka, which is why he rarely impacts big games. Think he's a good player to have when you know you're going to dominate the game, something we haven't yet done consistently under Arteta, besides the Europa league games.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Well, since his thread has been bumped I noticed the Hale End lot didn’t hesitate to pass to each other which lead to some great chances and goals yesterday. When Pepe makes runs into the box or is in good positions they look for another option.

Quite damning tbh, doesn’t look good for Nico at all. If the manager, team mates and fans aren’t convinced by him after 3 seasons the club will either have to cut their losses or he has to accept the impact sub role.

I noticed Saka was furious with Pepe against Burnley, with everyone fit wasn’t surprised to see him dropped sadly.
Ode always looks for him when he can but Saka, ESR and Eddie especially just don’t rate him.

Not sure if it’s a competition/rivalry thing but glad it’s not just me that’s noticed. It’s not looking good for the hood favourite but Mikel will probably resort to him out of desperation again in the mid-near future.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I like Pepe and will go the distance in defending him as one of the best player in the world in his position.

But I think Arteta was right here to drop him because although ESR has not been scoring lately he has been getting in many good goal scoring positions where he should have score.

We will see how Pepe respond but knowing his career here so far I dont think it will be anything spectacular.
The thing is Pepe’s created more chances than anyone so far and should have a couple assists already this season. Nobody’s been great but he hasn’t been particularly worse than anybody else yet Mikel left him at home for the league cup game against a league 1 side and then didn’t even give him a minute at the weekend.

Two games in a row of no involvement seems harsh to me but Mikel hasn’t wanted him since he got here so I can’t be too surprised.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I like Pepe and will go the distance in defending him as one of the best player in the world in his position.

But I think Arteta was right here to drop him because although ESR has not been scoring lately he has been getting in many good goal scoring positions where he should have score.

We will see how Pepe respond but knowing his career here so far I dont think it will be anything spectacular.

I agree. Pepe doesn't have the touch that ESR has, it was vital we had Ødegaard, ESR & Saka playing together, quick one touch passing. Pepe would have stopped all that with his left to right foot bamboozling play which just lets the opposition get back. I dropped him in my line up too, apart from Xhaka my team was the team that started. Arteta is starting to see things my way! :)

Moah

Ode always looks for him when he can but Saka, ESR and Eddie especially just don’t rate him.

Not sure if it’s a competition/rivalry thing but glad it’s not just me that’s noticed. It’s not looking good for the hood favourite but Mikel will probably resort to him out of desperation again in the mid-near future.
That is the thing. All the waffle about his first touch and all has come from a single game last week. But those aren't the moments they refuse to pass to him its when he is running behind the defense to get through on goal.

I don't think its about them not rating him because everyone knows he is a deadly finisher. There must be something more to it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That is the thing. All the waffle about his first touch and all has come from a single game last week. But those aren't the moments they refuse to pass to him its when he is running behind the defense to get through on goal.

I don't think its about them not rating him because everyone knows he is a deadly finisher. There must be something more to it.
He is a terrible mover and half of the time he stand on the the line out of the general play. There is no conspiracy here. He doesn’t make himself available a lot of the time and most of the times he makes stupid runs where a pass is not on. He is definitely not in our strongest 11

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Nah it’s not just you, you’re not going nuts… it’s you and @Macho 💀

It's getting scary now. These guys are in psychosis at this point. Will do anything to make excuses for Pepe. Now it's the Hale end boys have a vendetta against him.

Top Bottom