• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Despite the haters on here, there’s actually nothing wrong with him and he’s done absolutely nothing wrong.

It’s completely his fault for staying however. You’re 26/27 and you’re an unused sub for young players who quite frankly aren’t up to much really. Needs to wake up but I doubt he has that sort of pride.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Despite the haters on here, there’s actually nothing wrong with him and he’s done absolutely nothing wrong.

It’s completely his fault for staying however. You’re 26/27 and you’re an unused sub for young players who quite frankly aren’t up to much really. Needs to wake up but I doubt he has that sort of pride.
He’s in a tough spot though, unless another club is talking to him and his agent, matching his wages and willing to pay a decent transfer fee, he can’t do much. Outside England there isn’t much money unless you’re PSG, no top club in the PL will want him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s in a tough spot though, unless another club is talking to him and his agent, matching his wages and willing to pay a decent transfer fee, he can’t do much. Outside England there isn’t much money unless you’re PSG, no top club in the PL will want him.
He can’t get ahead of academy kids, I don’t think a top club should be his priority.

He’s not been a starter for coming up to 3 seasons now if we include this one. My advice to him would be to rebuild at a club where he’s guaranteed to start and go again but he will most likely leave here on a free. Will be a Lacazette type career for him.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

I’m no Pepe hater, I think he’s got great talent that has not been harnessed. But there is something wrong with him, when he’s on the touch line 1v1/1v2, neutral game, he’s a dead end.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The PL can be a trap in that regard. When that happens you just gotta collect your money, leave on a free and then rebuild your career/reputation in Europe.

See it happen with loads of players, remember Tadic not getting up to much for Southampton then putting some serious respect back on his name during Ajax’s CL run a few years back. 😂

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Pepe is a dumb player, it's really that simple. It's the reason all the managers here never trusted him, including Ljunberg in his short stint. You add a dumb player with sloppy technique, that's a no no at this level. Walcott with sweg.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Convert him to a CF and get it over with. Bielsa had the right idea.

Or maybe just sell him and take the L. The same thing with that bum Xhaka. Just sell these guys when it's clear they are either not intelligent enough or talented enough to excel, especially when they are playing in crucial positions like CM or wide-forward/winger. If a fullback was mediocre, I can accept it more so long as they work hard for the team and don't make any school boy errors. Xhaka, Pepe, Arteta, Edu, El-neny, Auba all need to be gone before we can start a proper rebuild.

Fabregasm

I’m no Pepe hater, I think he’s got great talent that has not been harnessed. But there is something wrong with him, when he’s on the touch line 1v1/1v2, neutral game, he’s a dead end.
That seems so similar to Theo play somewhat

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

The guy is gonna run his contract down or at best he will leave it for the final year for Arsenal to be desperate to sell for any money. I wonder if we could move him next summer to Newcastle, he would probably be willing to go, Newcastle would get a semi-star player and we would get some money. A much better deal for everyone than getting that fraud Dembele from Barca

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Or maybe just sell him and take the L. The same thing with that *** Xhaka. Just sell these guys when it's clear they are either not intelligent enough or talented enough to excel, especially when they are playing in crucial positions like CM or wide-forward/winger. If a fullback was mediocre, I can accept it more so long as they work hard for the team and don't make any school boy errors. Xhaka, Pepe, Arteta, Edu, El-neny, Auba all need to be gone before we can start a proper rebuild.
Hard to sell tbh, we've seen it over the summer already. But I agree now with it, better to sell for something and accept the L than keeping him on the bench. Think he can still fetch us 30-40M if there are no lockdowns and the market recovers

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The people who were in charge of Lille for the transfer cashed out and sold the club a year later. Probably living it up in Tahiti I’d imagine.

There was also another Lile player sold to an Italian club for an equally inflated price the following summer. He was doing about as well as Pepe last I checked.
Correction to this fake news. Osimhen had a difficult first season after his transfer from Lille but this season he is smashing it out the park.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Hard to sell tbh, we've seen it over the summer already. But I agree now with it, better to sell for something and accept the L than keeping him on the bench. Think he can still fetch us 30-40M if there are no lockdowns and the market recovers
He's not really hard to sell tbh. He'll still have potentially CL clubs like Marseille after him, sure we won't get the fee we want, but it wouldn't be a Mustafi, Sokratis situation.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Never been an Arteta player so I don't really think Mikel has ever had the intention of doing anything drastic to get the best out him. I think the reason he's lasted so long under him is that he knows barring Auba, Pepe offers our most consistent goal threat. When push comes to shove he'll always be behind the likes of Saka, ESR and Auba in his mind I feel.

With 2 years left on his deal come this summer I feel we'll try and move him on then unless something dramatic changes.
Its been said that Arteta has probably worked more with Pepe than anyone on the training ground.
I do think he has improved & can be an asset but he is one of those players that will often infuriate.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Its been said that Arteta has probably worked more with Pepe than anyone on the training ground.
I do think he has improved & can be an asset but he is one of those players that will often infuriate.

That's all well and good but his actions with him haven't sold that, the Leeds red the prime example. Every coach has his favourites and that's completely fine.

mpower2540

Maybe we get out transitions right because he is not playing?
For Lille he was deadly on transition, I still see a player that if we can get running into space from high turnovers can be extremely dangerous.

Saka owns the right and ESR the left at the moment and quite rightly but I’d really like to see Pepe tried as one of the front two. I still think one of his best performances for us was at Anfield when he played as a split striker with Auba, he was causing all sorts of problems.

He’s fast, can shoot, his final third passing is underrated too. Having him stranded on the touchline with no one near him and 2/3 defenders to beat he’s going to look crap and has.

He’s frustrating and I don’t think it’s gonna work out for him here but I can’t help feel there’s lots of end product that we’re failing to get cos we’re not giving him the platform to succeed.

Also finally, I get the sense he’s trying extremely hard! That’s why I have sympathy with him. When he first came in and it wasn’t working he had this kind of sulking, shoulders slumped attitude but now he continues to try and make something happen despite the fact the setup is usually garbage.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Maybe we get out transitions right because he is not playing?
I agree, when he’s out on the touch line it’s awful and arsenal are better without him. There’s a few on here who talk like you just stick numbers together and out pops a working team.
I still don’t think you throw away the ability to finish like he can though and he’s got other things in his locker too, I think he needs to be experimented with and have the team built around him by someone intelligent. He’ll be a failure, Arteta has no interest in the player and no appreciation for his specific qualities.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For Lille he was deadly on transition, I still see a player that if we can get running into space from high turnovers can be extremely dangerous.

Saka owns the right and ESR the left at the moment and quite rightly but I’d really like to see Pepe tried as one of the front two. I still think one of his best performances for us was at Anfield when he played as a split striker with Auba, he was causing all sorts of problems.

He’s fast, can shoot, his final third passing is underrated too. Having him stranded on the touchline with no one near him and 2/3 defenders to beat he’s going to look crap and has.

He’s frustrating and I don’t think it’s gonna work out for him here but I can’t help feel there’s lots of end product that we’re failing to get cos we’re not giving him the platform to succeed.

Also finally, I get the sense he’s trying extremely hard! That’s why I have sympathy with him. When he first came in and it wasn’t working he had this kind of sulking, shoulders slumped attitude but now he continues to try and make something happen despite the fact the setup is usually garbage.
Saka has had exactly the same platform. You’d think he was the £70 odd million 26/27 year old and Pepe was the 20 year old in his 3rd season as a starter in adult football.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom