• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
To be fair to Pepe he really has not been given a consistent run of matches, when he has I think he has produced a fair amount in the attack, but the responsibility of his to force Arteta to play him he hasn’t really had that many difference making plays to force Arteta’s hand. I would like to see him play over Laca because I think he is much better than he has shown, and if you want to sell him you can’t totally destroy his value. He needs to do less dribbling and more shooting and crossing.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Couldn’t even find this thread with how far it dropped off, says it all really.

Hope he can do a job in the cup games and find a suitable club next season, perhaps at Angers or Dijon.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure what happening i know since coming Arteta wasn't his favorite player but now even sub appearance are limited Arteta need to make it clear in summer if he not in his plans then sell and get back some of absurd sum we paid in pepe

Tomb Bombadil

Not sure what happening i know since coming Arteta wasn't his favorite player but now even sub appearance are limited Arteta need to make it clear in summer if he not in his plans then sell and get back some of absurd sum we paid in pepe
We really need to sell him, his only chance left is a new manager. Even with Saka out he's not coming in, if that's the case against United, I guess he's done. Or the AFCON would have been a chance to maybe try him as CF, but he has to go as well.

£72m - I still cannot guess how we ended up paying that much? He had one great season, he was already 23 and he played in the french league for a club without big ressources.

Will be one of the worst transfer ever in comparision to his fee. I guess right behind Coutinho, Dembele, Sanchez, Kepa, Hazard and Mustafi :facepalm: :lol: Or we can get £40m from Newcastle for him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
£72m - I still cannot guess how we ended up paying that much? He had one great season, he was already 23 and he played in the french league for a club without big ressources.
He actually had 2 good seasons and I can't remember a single winger scoring 20+ goals who moved from France and was ****.

Things didn't work with him and Arteta since day one and I'm cool with selling him for anything atm. I'd actually love to see him move somewhere within the PL and wonder what he can do if he plays every game.

Him not getting any minutes potentially means there is some deal in place already for January, although not sure how AFCON works for Newcastle as they need players to get them out of the relegation zone. AFCON is by far the most * competition in the football world

Tomb Bombadil

He actually had 2 good seasons and I can't remember a single winger scoring 20+ goals who moved from France and was ****.
That's true but a not a great season I guess.

I think in a counter attacking team he could be really good. So Newcastle could be a good choice.

Thats' true, we probably can't sell him in January. At least his contract is until 2024.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We really need to sell him, his only chance left is a new manager. Even with Saka out he's not coming in, if that's the case against United, I guess he's done. Or the AFCON would have been a chance to maybe try him as CF, but he has to go as well.

Will be one of the worst transfer ever in comparision to his fee. I guess right behind Coutinho, Dembele, Sanchez, Kepa, Hazard and Mustafi :facepalm: :lol: Or we can get £40m from Newcastle for him.
Loaning him to Newcastle is not a bad shout. They need quality and maybe he will get opportunity to show his price tag.

As of right now, he is not even worth 5 million.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Given his transfer in fee, no out fee will ever be a "good" one.

But if it were any other club than Arsenal they would get 30m for the guy, which given the circumstances, would be a good chunk of change.

He'd be a smart gamble for a lot of clubs and I feel he'll do well if he moves somewhere that actually plays to his strengths.

Pretty clear his career here is over, which is kind of sad. Poor management by the club to get this guy and renew Auba and not build around their game.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Pretty clear his career here is over, which is kind of sad. Poor management by the club to get this guy and renew Auba and not build around their game.
We had to sign some midfield engines and a new overlapping RB to replace Bellerin and become a counter-attacking side, using Auba and Pépé as inverted forwards and Laca as a false nine. Instead we tried to become a possession football side without the technicians required for it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
If you can get £30M for Pepe you take it at the end of the day. I’m sure he’ll be a success elsewhere in a different system.

Not coming on today was telling. Uncle Mikel has lost trust in him.

Has he scored this season?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Started the season really badly tbf but then again so did our whole team, despite that still posted pretty promising numbers when compared to our other attackers. Probably deserved to be dropped but the treatment since then has been strange.

Arteta has just never rated him and it shows. I think in the future people will put 2 + 2 together re: Arteta’s inability to coach an attack and Pepe’s failure here.

But it will take a better player than Pepe to make people realise, maybe Saka if things continue as they are on our RW.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
After the subs tonight I think he’s officially done here. Have to hope a desperate Newcastle bid for him in January and he fancies the move.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s over for Pepe. Now you just wait to see if he moves or just sits on his contract.

He’s done though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Will start against Sunderland maybe.

I think his time up here just don't waste his time and our time try to sell or loan with good obligation in winter and try get someone else who upgrade in him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Started the season really badly tbf but then again so did our whole team, despite that still posted pretty promising numbers when compared to our other attackers. Probably deserved to be dropped but the treatment since then has been strange.

Arteta has just never rated him and it shows. I think in the future people will put 2 + 2 together re: Arteta’s inability to coach an attack and Pepe’s failure here.

But it will take a better player than Pepe to make people realise, maybe Saka if things continue as they are on our RW.
I’m glad he’s not been thrown out there tbh, people will just be enraged at whatever he does.

We are bad so people want to chuck someone different on, but his style just sends guys up the wall (including Arteta) there’s just no point.

Some can score and play like trash and it’s accepted, 72 mil Pepe can’t do that. His time is up and I hope he knows this - he and his team should be finding a way out.

I feel like his only purpose here now is to deflect away from how bad the attack is. Hopefully he doesn’t pull a Laca on us, but these guys are all weird and don’t have any real pride.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’m glad he’s not been thrown out there tbh, people will just be enraged at whatever he does.

We are bad so people want to chuck someone different on, but his style just sends guys up the wall (including Arteta) there’s just no point.

Some can score and play like trash and it’s accepted, 72 mil Pepe can’t do that. His time is up and I hope he knows this - he and his team should be finding a way out.

I feel like his only purpose here now is to deflect away from how bad the attack is. Hopefully he doesn’t pull a Laca on us, but these guys are all weird and don’t have any real pride.
Think Arteta gets away with a lot and his failure with Pepe is one of the biggest ones.

Because Raul signed him for the club he’s been let of lightly but really there should be serious questions raised when you look at the failures/drop offs of senior attacking players under Mikel. Pepe, Laca, Auba all finished. No age excuse for the former.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom