• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Preferred the first half even though he was meh, was quite poor second half. On another day he has 2 assists (3 if he got that Auba pass right).

Pretty sure he was best attacker again but extremely low bar as Saka, ESR and Auba were all pretty much useless bar the freekick Saka won. Forgettable performance overall really.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He didn't piss me off like he did against Norwich so I guess that is something. I will say though, he works very hard off the ball nowadays. Seems to nick the ball off opponents more and helps out his fullback. I respect that sort of hustle.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Very frustrating to watch today, he failed to execute much of what he attempted. I can accept Pepe looking awful when Arsenal is in possession for long spells of time. I can accept that for most of our team as as we perform in the straitjacket of Arteta's dull tactics.#

Today, Pepe was simply awful on the counter. I can remember 2 or 3 occasions where his passes where underhit or he'd taken the wrong option.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought it was a typical Pepe performance tbh. One thing I would mention is that Pepe wins so much in the air. It seemed at times the long balls were aimed at him, similar to how we played those long diagonals to Sagna.

It would be good if Pepe could become an areal threat on crosses and set pieces, but its probably quite low down on list of things for him to improve.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Very frustrating to watch today, he failed to execute much of what he attempted. I can accept Pepe looking awful when Arsenal is in possession for long spells of time. I can accept that for most of our team as as we perform in the straitjacket of Arteta's dull tactics.#

Today, Pepe was simply awful on the counter. I can remember 2 or 3 occasions where his passes where underhit or he'd taken the wrong option.
Idk man, he creates chances every game, and if he doesn't create them, he will take some shots on goal. You are all so disappointed, but in reality, he is the only player who will receive the ball and I would hope/expect something to happen. If it doesn't happen for him, you can be sure it's gonna be a boring game to watch, simply because nobody else is able to make a difference. On his bad day (let's say it was Norwich or Burnley), he either creates a couple of chances, takes some shots, or he scores/assists.

On the other hand, Tierney hoofs 15 balls per game, and everybody is cool with that. I guess it's because he is likeable (unlike Pepe)

samshere

Why so serieuse?
How come he can’t dribble anymore? He used to be able to dribble past players in his first season where has that agility gone now?
Seems like instructions to me. In his first season he used to try and take on the entire opposition team, and it used to come off half the time. Now he just passes the ball back

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How come he can’t dribble anymore? He used to be able to dribble past players in his first season where has that agility gone now?
Not sure man, think he’s playing percentages now. Arteta sets our team up to surround him with players rather than create take-on opportunities for him.

In those situations it would be stupid to try take a player on when you have options around you. It’s a shame though because I’d back him to have a decent take-on success rate if we could create those opportunities for him.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Idk man, he creates chances every game, and if he doesn't create them, he will take some shots on goal. You are all so disappointed, but in reality, he is the only player who will receive the ball and I would hope/expect something to happen. If it doesn't happen for him, you can be sure it's gonna be a boring game to watch, simply because nobody else is able to make a difference. On his bad day (let's say it was Norwich or Burnley), he either creates a couple of chances, takes some shots, or he scores/assists.

On the other hand, Tierney hoofs 15 balls per game, and everybody is cool with that. I guess it's because he is likeable (unlike Pepe)
So many strawmen here lol, I don't even know where to start. It's nice to speak to someone who knows so much about me and how i think.

TriniGunner

I thought he put in a decent enough shift but unfortunately we just didnt click in the final 3rd. A few better placed passes & we had real opportunities to make the game easier.
He had a very poor game. He can't beat defenders, he can't put in a cross properly and he's very inconsistent with his shooting. I don't know about you but that's not the characteristics of a good winger. I've been saying for the past 18 months that we should have just bought Saint Maximan and use Pepe as his backup. Maximan is way more effective and can actually do things as a winger to change games. Pepe doesn't do any of these these things.

Good today in many parts and bad in some others like the rest of our attack. Worked hard and got stuck in!

My main issue is that we were seriously lacking in the execution of the final ball and decision-making. Hopefully that will improve in next games!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He had a very poor game. He can't beat defenders, he can't put in a cross properly and he's very inconsistent with his shooting. I don't know about you but that's not the characteristics of a good winger. I've been saying for the past 18 months that we should have just bought Saint Maximan and use Pepe as his backup. Maximan is way more effective and can actually do things as a winger to change games. Pepe doesn't do any of these these things.
St. Maximin has 5 years left in contract, he would cost more than 80 million at least. You would have wanted to blow most of our transfer budget on a winger? 🤣

TriniGunner

Love pepe but he has to work with his first touches he keep losing it very easily
Pepe slows down our attack because of his lack of efficiency in collecting the ball and keeping the pace of the said attack. He has to take at least 3 touches in order to get going and by that time, he already has 2 defenders marking his route to goal. I'm a coach, that's not what we want from a winger. You should be able to keep the pace of the attack with a minimum of 2 touches, with the 2nd touch your movement towards the goal. Pepe is ineffective in that department and it's one of the reasons why our attacking phase of play is so slow. I'm still of the opinion that we need a winger.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom