• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Martinelli has talent. Think the best thing about him is his instinct around the box. He has potential to score a lot of goals. Even shows more potential scoring headers than Auba and Laca. Just don't know if I trust his football intelligence and all around technique. He can do the spectacular, but seems to lack consistency doing the basics.
Yeah but no one ever mentions it. To many, he's some wonderkid or generational talent :lol:

How can either be true when his ball control is so bad?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
One winger who really excites me is Pedro Neto. Would love Arsenal to move for him if he comes back from the injury well.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One winger who really excites me is Pedro Neto. Would love Arsenal to move for him if he comes back from the injury well.

Good player, but we need a right footer on the left in my opinion. Saka is the long term RW. This is wishlist stuff but I'm praying Madrid go and get Mbappe and Haaland next season, so we can snap up Vinicius. Guys had an amazing start to the season and his potential is massive.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Good player, but we need a right footer on the left in my opinion. Saka is the long term RW. This is wishlist stuff but I'm praying Madrid go and get Mbappe and Haaland next season, so we can snap up Vinicius. Guys had an amazing start to the season and his potential is massive.
He's pretty good with his weak foot. Also, if we are going to be soo reliant on crossing, his ability to beat the full back and cross would add a new dimension to the team. I love his ability to transition the ball at pace. I feel we missed out on Diogo Jota when he was at Wolves, don't want that to happen with Neto.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No it was Bellerin, wait no it was Chambers, hold up, its because of Arteta, wait, no, its because he's playing on the left, hang on, its Ødegaard taking up his spaces on the right.
…no it was the grass? It literally happened to everyone. The main reason will always be Arteta though.

The criticism here is always disproportional to the actual performance that was served up.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Ødegaard aside everyone miss hit their passes :lol:

If people don't like him they just ain't gonna like him.
Not the first time. I used to like him but I think I’ve turned the corner. Too hit and miss for my blood

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Personally I struggle to see Pepe ever being consistent here really. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a role to play though.

Part of it is that he just doesn't fit into the style of play Arteta is trying to implement really.

I thought he was poor yesterday but no worse than the rest of the attackers really.

Got a sneaky feeling he'll show up against Sp**s and grab 1-2 goals though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday Auba, Saka and ESR all struggled with Arteta's "style of play", even Ødegaard taking away the goal. So basically all 5 of our attackers struggle with this style yet it seems to be widely accepted that we persist with it instead of adapting somewhat to a style that might suite these players a bit better. A-M logic is undefeated.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Ødegaard aside everyone miss hit their passes :lol:

If people don't like him they just ain't gonna like him.

Pepe would get murdered if he missed the chances ESR and Saka missed. One could say he was robbed two assists. Other than that Auba pass he miss hit, those two chances *have* to be converted on a low chance creation team.

I'm not even saying he was amazing at Burnley, either, he was very hit or miss.

It's just most of the stuff we created came through him being involved.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Where has this guy gone? Inconsistent final ball is still there but where is all the entertaining stuff?

You could probably find a load of these type of videos where our players have dropped off over the last 2 seasons and create a serious of awareness videos called Arteta - Not Even Once.
look at the ball pepe plays to Auba when he is in space. It's flipping awful. Like i'm genuinely incensed at how bad that ball is. How is an adult player routinely underhitting passes when we're on the break. Like this is a whole grown man that doesn't know how to pass a ball

Moah

That cash could / should have gone a lot further.

View attachment 4674
Only Bruno and Lukaku are the ones you can say worth the money spent on them and neither of the are worldies tbh. You may not like the player but you can't pull this as a stick to beat him with.

Moah

look at the ball pepe plays to Auba when he is in space. It's flipping awful. Like i'm genuinely incensed at how bad that ball is. How is an adult player routinely underhitting passes when we're on the break. Like this is a whole grown man that doesn't know how to pass a ball
Don't slide the word "routinely" as if it happens all the time.

This is the first time I have heard him been called out for miss passing a ball and all of a sudden its routine? Get a grip.

Top Bottom