• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Only Bruno and Lukaku are the ones you can say worth the money spent on them and neither of the are worldies tbh. You may not like the player but you can't pull this as a stick to beat him with.
"Worth the money" (as is "worldie," though I'd put Bruno, Lukaku, and De Jong on that list) is a bit more subjective than "Pepe is the worst player who transacted in this price range at that time."

FWIW, I think Pepe is a useful player and should start. He just isn't and never was worth half what we paid.

tcahill

"Worth the money" (as is "worldie," though I'd put Bruno, Lukaku, and De Jong on that list) is a bit more subjective than "Pepe is the worst player who transacted in this price range at that time."

FWIW, I think Pepe is a useful player and should start. He just isn't and never was worth half what we paid.

I don't think I've seen a single person try and argue that Pepe justifies his price tag. For 70 mill, you'd expect a proper world class player. It was a bad buy.

However, he's here now, and whether or not he's good enough to start for us in the long term is a much more relevant debate.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I don't think I've seen a single person try and argue that Pepe justifies his price tag. For 70 mill, you'd expect a proper world class player. It was a bad buy.

However, he's here now, and whether or not he's good enough to start for us in the long term is a much more relevant debate.
Agreed, but his price tag / the player he 'should be' tends to pervert that debate. He's the beneficiary of a lot of excuse-making and unwarranted optimism.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't slide the word "routinely" as if it happens all the time.

This is the first time I have heard him been called out for miss passing a ball and all of a sudden its routine? Get a grip.
Don’t waste your energy bruh.

We know what Pepe’s actual weaknesses are, ball striking whether that’s shooting or passing isn’t one of them, it’s the opposite actually. :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's working really hard but nothing is coming off so any bad decision for example, is magnified especially when Saka and Gabriel are having a go. I don't think he'll ever lose his erratic style so he needs the numbers to compensate. Fingers crossed for him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Drop Nico and actually play good football, interesting...

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He’s been poor so far this season. Still one of my favorite players but if it isn’t going to happen for him this season then he has to be replaced. Would back Pepe to have a great career somewhere else. Maybe at Newcastle as part exchange for St Maximin

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
He’s been poor so far this season. Still one of my favorite players but if it isn’t going to happen for him this season then he has to be replaced. Would back Pepe to have a great career somewhere else. Maybe at Newcastle as part exchange for St Maximin
that would be a dream exchange, we really need another LW as well

I like Pepe and will go the distance in defending him as one of the best player in the world in his position.

But I think Arteta was right here to drop him because although ESR has not been scoring lately he has been getting in many good goal scoring positions where he should have score.

We will see how Pepe respond but knowing his career here so far I dont think it will be anything spectacular.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Well, since his thread has been bumped I noticed the Hale End lot didn’t hesitate to pass to each other which lead to some great chances and goals yesterday. When Pepe makes runs into the box or is in good positions they look for another option.

Quite damning tbh, doesn’t look good for Nico at all. If the manager, team mates and fans aren’t convinced by him after 3 seasons the club will either have to cut their losses or he has to accept the impact sub role.

I noticed Saka was furious with Pepe against Burnley, with everyone fit wasn’t surprised to see him dropped sadly.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think Arteta will be looking to make a deep cup run in both competitions, have a funny feeling Pepe will come up big in one of them at some point.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think he’s a bit mudded myself.

Still my favourite current Arsenal player easily, but yeah even I don’t see it working out for him. There’s much less rage on here when he doesn’t play, it’s probably for the best.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom