• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Would you be more okay with Pepe constant average performances and lack of consistency if he was cheaper?

I wouldn't be more okay with his performances if he was cheaper. But I think if he us cost £25-30m the anger aimed at Pepe himself would be less.

We're in a situation where he's struggling a bit and fans know that even if we sell him we're probably going to take a £40m-ish hit on him. That probably adds to the frustration.

With all that said, there is the financial counter arguement that having invested such a large sum in him, Arteta should give Pepe every possible chance to justify the fee payed for him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I wouldn't be more okay with his performances if he was cheaper. But I think if he us cost £25-30m the anger aimed at Pepe himself would be less.
Thats where I disagree and why I liked my good friend @hydrofluoric acid 's question. I don't think a sh*t player who costs 10 mil would dampen the anger any less. If anything we'd scream at the club for not spending.

Gervinho wasn't expensive but he is still mentioned till this day and will continue to be mentioned for all eternity every time an African winger joins the club and that's just the way it is.

I feel like way too much is made of the fee hence me bringing up all the failed players earlier.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Thats where I disagree and why I liked my good friend @hydrofluoric acid 's question. I don't think a sh*t player who costs 10 mil would dampen the anger any less. If anything we'd scream at the club for not spending.

Gervinho wasn't expensive but he is still mentioned till this day and will continue to be mentioned for all eternity every time an African winger joins the club and that's just the way it is.

I feel like way too much is made of the fee hence me bringing up all the failed players earlier.

I do think if the player was £10m the anger would be more placed on the club than the player but I think with Pepe the majority of the blame is being put on him due to the fee.

If we're being fair, I think we've bought a player that never really fit into the system we wanted to employ. I think Pepe's good in his type of system but I don't think he's the sort of player that you can plug into different systems and he'll produce the same level of performances.

To me the recruitment process is 90% to blame for this situation. We've spent a lot of money on a player that we generally haven't got value for money from and we've kind of wasted 3 years of Pepe's career.

Let us all focus on Pepe's eight minutes of football and not the three points.

Come on lads, let's be 'avin' u

It was a bad cameo. I'm not even going to say it was a cameo of a player that doesn't want to play football here, it was a cameo of a player that really wanted to prove he is the worst player in the squad.

How many Arsenal squad members do you know of?

spectrum.png

Top Bottom