• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

amigo

I really believe this is the fundamental question - are we willing to invest a large sum of money on the wages of a player who is unlikely to be in the first 11 under Arteta but is more way talented and productive than a vast majority of squad players in PL teams.
Thing is he is here already. We've already invested a huge amount in transfer fees and are contracted to pay his wages until his substantial contract ends. So we might as well make it work.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
Disgusting treatment from farteta, this manager has no clue how to manage senior players or personalities in the dressing room. Expect this fraud to try and buy out pepes contract out soon or flog him off for 5m.
Pepe is clearly a talented player and a viable plan B to mix up an attack, a good coach will work to his strengths and find ways to improve his weaknessess not exile him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Thing is he is here already. We've already invested a huge amount in transfer fees and are contracted to pay his wages until his substantial contract ends. So we might as well make it work.
Think it’s way past that now and this is the clubs polite way of telling him that if he wants to start, he and his people should really look elsewhere.

I was dubious of Arteta at first but now I am not sure he is actually being exiled. ESR can barely get a start, Martinelli unexpectedly started kicking along and it’s not like Pepe can play upfront so this is just how the cookie crumbles.

In Arteta’s mind he probably still sees some use for him, we’ve seen with Martinelli and some others, him not playing doesn’t mean the end for a player. A 26 year old attacking player, it’s truly on Pepe if he’s content with this role or not.

amigo

Think it’s way past that now and this is the clubs polite way of telling him that if he wants to start, he and his people should really look elsewhere.

I was dubious of Arteta at first but now I am not sure he is actually being exiled. ESR can barely get a start, Martinelli unexpectedly started kicking along and it’s not like Pepe can play upfront so this is just how the cookie crumbles.

In Arteta’s mind he probably still sees some use for him, we’ve seen with Martinelli and some others, him not playing doesn’t mean the end for a player. A 26 year old attacking player, it’s truly on Pepe if he’s content with this role or not.
That may be true. I honestly believe with the fixture congestion to come, and especially if we progress further in the FA cup we will see much more of him.Then it will be up to him to make himself undroppable again. Unless he gets sold.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I think the guy has been hard by tbh. Im sitting seeing traore from wolves getting lauded by Sp**s when he isnt half the player pepe is. Peeps say he is erractic but his stats would say he is as productive if not more that alot of wingers in the top 6. He is unlucky he came to arsenal at a time we have a insane talent in saka.
I think that is a fair point Traore is rather a one trick pony & doesnt score but people cream over him.

I think its the fee that is the killer with Pepe.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Pepe has more end product than the likes of Traore and Saint-Maximum. Does he contribute as much in build up play however, I'm not too sure.

I get the feeling he wouldn't be happy with a permanent squad role here but he's extremely good cover for the flanks. If you get a £30M or so bid though you take it, no question.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He will probably be gone soon, so no need to go in too hard on him...still think he would have been a quality false 9 here, but it is what it is.

The most important thing, which was mentioned a few pages back...you can say what you want about Pepe, still more medals than Kane and Son combined :drool:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Think Pepe and ESR will only figure in our regular first team if we have injuries to Arteta’s key players eg Saka/Ødegaard, or we have to rotate due to getting back into Europe. If either has plans for their national team and pushing onto elite status they need to move.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Think Pepe and ESR will only figure in our regular first team if we have injuries to Arteta’s key players eg Saka/Ødegaard, or we have to rotate due to getting back into Europe. If either has plans for their national team and pushing onto elite status they need to move.
Think ESR is fine and will come back into the team eventually.

ESR has proven consistency and made the difference for way longer than Martinelli has, I wouldn’t call the latter a permanent fixture just yet.

Kav

Established Member
If you all recognize that the transfer fee to acquire Pepe was hogwash and highly inflated and you all know it was not his fault Arsenal paid that amount for him. Why is he being criticized for something he had no control over, something he didn’t choose?

Why are people continually judging him on non footballing issues while discussing actual performances? I’ve seen Ødegaard go missing in games. Arsenal’s darling ESR has played crap football most of the season while being insanely productive in front of goal. Yet Pepe does one thing wrong and raging posters come out of the woodwork shouting “he’s always loosing the ball”.

Football fans can be the worst. Hypocritical, rubbish spouting, annoying people.

Why is it so hard to be objective? Pepe is good but not consistent, not the best player on the pitch, not the worst. He’s just not fit into Arteta’s system, that is no crime of itself. Especially when half the time the system is **** anyway.

People want to make it out to be that Pepe has been awful when the truth is that he’s been more than productive his first two seasons. Now that Arteta finally has the team performing better the naysayers are acting like Pepe has been awful the entire time. You lot are a joke. Especially the blank acids.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If you all recognize that the transfer fee to acquire Pepe was hogwash and highly inflated and you all know it was not his fault Arsenal paid that amount for him. Why is he being criticized for something he had no control over, something he didn’t choose?

Why are people continually judging him on non footballing issues while discussing actual performances? I’ve seen Ødegaard go missing in games. Arsenal’s darling ESR has played crap football most of the season while being insanely productive in front of goal. Yet Pepe does one thing wrong and raging posters come out of the woodwork shouting “he’s always loosing the ball”.

Football fans can be the worst. Hypocritical, rubbish spouting, annoying people.

Why is it so hard to be objective? Pepe is good but not consistent, not the best player on the pitch, not the worst. He’s just not fit into Arteta’s system, that is no crime of itself. Especially when half the time the system is **** anyway.

People want to make it out to be that Pepe has been awful when the truth is that he’s been more than productive his first two seasons. Now that Arteta finally has the team performing better the naysayers are acting like Pepe has been awful the entire time. You lot are a joke. Especially the blank acids.
It’s very hard to be consistent when you’re in and out of the team. That’s been the way of things pretty much since he’s been here.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

It’s very hard to be consistent when you’re in and out of the team. That’s been the way of things pretty much since he’s been here.

Yeah it's so weird that people have suddenly forgotten how productive he was for us when he started getting consistent starts last season.

Just over 1 in 3 in the league alone last season, that's an excellent return all things considered and I'd really hoped he could build on it this year but it's obvious that Tets just doesn't fancy him.

That's fine but I don't see how he's suddenly so awful. He's not.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Been saying this for the longest, posted a lot of stats proving that Pepe actually doesn’t lose the ball. Probably loses it once or twice per match after his first season, so the coaches blatantly highlighted this to him - but Saka and others lose it much more typically.

It just turned me into an ESR and Saka hater on here (I checked their respective threads after many accusations from Riou and others and I actually have minimal posts in there most of it is praise).

It’s not worth explaining, the young players are just judged differently which people openly admit and if you spend too much time on AM’s bs credit system it just ruins the team for you.

Reactions: Kav

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Been saying this for the longest, posted a lot of stats proving that Pepe actually doesn’t lose the ball. Probably loses it once or twice per match after his first season, so the coaches blatantly highlighted this to him - but Saka and others lose it much more typically.

It just turned me into an ESR and Saka hater on here (I checked their respective threads after many accusations from Riou and others and I actually have minimal posts in there most of it is praise).

It’s not worth explaining, the young players are just judged differently which people openly admit and if you spend too much time on AM’s bs credit system it just ruins the team for you.
The ‘Dispossessed’ stat is always a bit meaningless anyway. Those players that try the most take ons and dribbles are always up there as the most dispossessed and losing the ball. Zaha, Salah, Mane are always in the top 10. Saka the most for Arsenal.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

The only ones who bring up his transfer fee are his fans.

Lets not rewrite history that and make out that ESR and Ødegaard were crap, Ødegaard had a few weeks to settle and showed what he could do after that. And is showing it morseo this season.

Pepe consistently loses the ball or plays safe passes or gets a goal once every 3 matches or so after many many attempts to get in to the perfect position to take his shot.

You sound a bit hypocritical and add patronising to the list as well.

Are you implying the only way to be objective is to agree with your opinions... :facepalm:

He's been pretty awful with a very small amount of good performances since he arrived here. He is only threatening with the ball in very specific circumstances and very poor outside it... which you cannot afford in a team that wants champions league.

Since hes been dropped and his minutes given to other players they have come on leaps and bounds. He is probably amongst the most played players since Arteta arrived and he never seemed to go beyond the incomplete, one trick pony he arrived as, he has stagnated because he has a low ceiling... which becomes clear when you see the far younger players who are already far better than him.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He's been pretty awful with a very small amount of good performances since he arrived here. He is only threatening with the ball in very specific circumstances and very poor outside it... which you cannot afford in a team that wants champions league.
It's not some elite team you know :lol: Xhaka is still one of our best midfielders and a lot of our most prominent players aren't even finished articles.

It's good but that's the whole point, guys fully want to pretend Pepe is this diabolical player where chances are he eventually ends up back in the team at some point due to injuries and absences anyways.

He's not started in the prem since October and his threads is one of the most active on here which tells you atleast half of the criticism here, which is the bulk of this thread - is bs.

If editing rights weren't lost on the forum, I'd have deleted this thread tbh.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
It's not some elite team you know :lol: Xhaka is still one of our best midfielders and a lot of our most prominent players aren't even finished articles.

It's good but that's the whole point, guys fully want to pretend Pepe is this diabolical player where chances are he eventually ends up back in the team at some point due to injuries and absences anyways.

He's not started in the prem since October and his threads is one of the most active on here which tells you atleast half of the criticism here, which is the bulk of this thread - is bs.
Is your argument that Pepe is champions league quality because Xhaka isnt... Im not sure what youre trying to say. Obviously Xhaka should be replaced to strengthen the team but he isnt the the drop in quality that Pepe is. Our team is not as far off elite as you seem to think.

"a lot of our most prominent players aren't even finished articles" but theyre outperforming Pepe... so youre agreeing with me.

When was the last time I posted in this thread? 1% of the comments in ehre are on the windup and the rest are Pepe is a good or great player and eveyone hates him because of... reasons?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Is your argument that Pepe is champions league quality because Xhaka isnt..
"a lot of our most prominent players aren't even finished articles" but theyre outperforming Pepe... so youre agreeing with me
I’m saying there is no argument, Pepe is done here and I don’t know how many times people need to come in here and express that :lol:

I don’t think he’s as terrible as people say but that is something that Pepe nor myself will ever change around here.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I’m saying there is no argument, Pepe is done here and I don’t know how many times people need to come in here and express that :lol:

I don’t think he’s as terrible as people say but that is something that Pepe nor myself will ever change around here.
You're tired of coming in hree and repeating yourself.... but you come in here and keep replying to replies of comments that ahd nothing to do with you... theres something in that o_O

I just responded to a comment that I thought had a lot of whinging and basically trying to bash anyone who thought Pepe was a poor player and attacking half of AM .

Read the the post I responded to, man went on a bullshit rant The whole post is everyone is an idiot except me, its one of those only I can see things as they are

Pepe is done because he just isnt good enough for the level we are trying to play at and we have better options that can play at that level.

Latest posts

Top Bottom