• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

mirrorstares

His mistake was kickstarting our unbeaten run with that funny assist vs Norwich

He should have left us enter into another awful run and see if Arteta survives that. Just more poor decision making sadly.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Started the season really badly tbf but then again so did our whole team, despite that still posted pretty promising numbers when compared to our other attackers. Probably deserved to be dropped but the treatment since then has been strange.

Arteta has just never rated him and it shows. I think in the future people will put 2 + 2 together re: Arteta’s inability to coach an attack and Pepe’s failure here.

But it will take a better player than Pepe to make people realise, maybe Saka if things continue as they are on our RW.

That right side is a straight trap for any of these attackers, it’s basically the Bermuda Triangle. I can see Martinelli getting swallowed up on that side very soon too.

Anyways, good luck to Pepe wherever he decides to move to next.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think Arteta gets away with a lot and his failure with Pepe is one of the biggest ones.

Because Raul signed him for the club he’s been let of lightly but really there should be serious questions raised when you look at the failures/drop offs of senior attacking players under Mikel. Pepe, Laca, Auba all finished. No age excuse for the former.
He didn’t get questioned for it last season and it’s not going to start now. He will get another 200 mil and we will see what happens.

In fairness to Arteta I felt like he did more with Pepe than Emery ever did. It’s very clear that’s there’s no real pressure from anybody to make this work though. From what I read about the club, only Auba and Laca really bother with him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pepe was mistake let's admit it we fallen in Lille typical trap we shouldn't spending 72m on pepe even if you remember emery before he was sacked pepe wasn't regular. Arteta does look not fancy him for some reason maybe we'll know when pepe reveal why in interview or something after leaving us.

This should be lesson for us don't waste your money on player that was valued 40m at best.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It’s all play the kids until we look like sh*t, then people wonder where Pepe is. I think Arteta is playing this right as in if he has no future, don’t play him. Simple.

Arteta’s hand will be forced eventually anyways and he will get his chance, but hopefully between AFCON and form it doesn’t come to that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not even playing like a 10M player let alone 40 let alone 70.

Which I think says a lot about us.
To be fair there major checkup going at Lille because of dodgy deals and i think pepe deal was one of them not sure what raul did but will come out soon. If we willing to spend that much on player we should have just got Zaha at least a better suited and settled in PL

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think Arteta gets away with a lot and his failure with Pepe is one of the biggest ones.

Because Raul signed him for the club he’s been let of lightly but really there should be serious questions raised when you look at the failures/drop offs of senior attacking players under Mikel.
Let's be honest, Pepe, Douzi, Saliba, Torreira, and Martinelli were all singed by don Raul, and none of them has any chance at Arsenal. Replacements? Looks like all of them are inferior players compared to what Raul signed. You can have Ode, Partey, White or whoever, I prefer Douzi, Saliba, and Torreira over them

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Not even playing like a 10M player let alone 40 let alone 70.

Which I think says a lot about us.
All of our big purchases are funky tbh. Pepe got the Raul stink on him unfortunately which is a convenient cop out, but if we’re being honest about Partey and White neither of them are sick.

Let me speak for myself about White actually. Partey, it gets safer to call him a b*m in public with every passing week.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Two years left on his contract in the summer, clearly not rated by the manager. Nobody is offering £20m for him next summer, even if he goes out on loan, nobody is paying £20m for him in 2023 with a year left on his deal.

The club are taking a big L no matter what on this.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I don’t like how certain players get to keep their spot in the side despite poor performances, yet if Pepe has a bad game then he’s banished for eternity. Even if he’s playing well, he gets dropped.

Saying that though, you have to question whether he has the hunger to make it at the club. Seems content riding out the bench atm without kicking up a stink. Nketiah coming on ahead of him is a straight violation. Guys done here.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I’ve no issue with Pepe being frozen out, he only plays well from about April anyway. He got his big move, he messed it up, time his agent started looking for a new club for him.

Leeds are having a meh season, bin Pepe off and get Raphinha in.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Let's be honest, Pepe, Douzi, Saliba, Torreira, and Martinelli were all singed by don Raul, and none of them has any chance at Arsenal. Replacements? Looks like all of them are inferior players compared to what Raul signed. You can have Ode, Partey, White or whoever, I prefer Douzi, Saliba, and Torreira over them
I like Torreira but it seems not many here did. Never seen Saliba play. Douzi - too much baggage I’m all for not having negative energy around the club.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’ve no issue with Pepe being frozen out, he only plays well from about April anyway. He got his big move, he messed it up, time his agent started looking for a new club for him.

I’m a massive fan of Raphinha and seen him for Leeds a few times this season but I think he’d struggle here tbh. He’s a player that requires freedom to see the best of him and he won’t be getting that under Arteta. This Arteta system + the majority of our attacks being built up from the left as opposed to the right side will make him look average as hell.

It’s obvious it’s not a personnel problem but rather this woeful robotic system that Arteta has in place.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I’m a massive fan of Raphinha and seen him for Leeds a few times this season but I think he’d struggle here tbh. He’s a player that requires freedom to see the best of him and he won’t be getting that under Arteta. This Arteta system + the majority of our attacks being built up from the left as opposed to the right side will make him look average as hell.

It’s obvious it’s not a personnel problem but rather this woeful robotic system that Arteta has in place.

Important point about Arteta being a graveyard of creativity. That said, we’ve got to know Pepe’s personality by now, he’d do better under a different coach probably, but we all know he isn’t a killer.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He's pretty much Liverpool bound anyways, not sure why Arsenal fans mention his name so much.

Bielsa is his current coach who had Pepe also whih explains a lot, I wouldn't read too much into it myself.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Douzi - too much baggage I’m all for not having negative energy around the club.
I'd rather have that "negative" energy than all the fakers we have at the club pretending to be something they are not. I'd honestly punch Auba in that stupid face of his when he smiles like a horse all the time, he is a faker, much worse than what Douzi did. What's there to smile about?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Rate Raph highly but like @Troopz said I’d rather he goes to a club that will get the best out of him.

Pepe is nowhere near as bad as we’ve made him look but I do agree that he hasn’t shown enough fight under Arteta. Then again, what can you really do if the manager has never rated you? Maybe when he leaves he’ll speak on the situation but I know him being friends with Douzi and Saliba hasn’t done him any favours.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom