• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s probably relieved that he’s not being blamed for everything now.
He was never being “blamed for everything” 😆 At worst, he was being blamed for his own performances. I’m still a fan of the guy and think it’s more than to get him back among the attack, but we can’t go making stuff up like that! It’s not true.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
All the tools like a first touch that bounces into the stands 😍
Yeah, when he is stuck on the touchline in the fifth lane. I see Pepe messing his touch up on the wing and when he has multiple players to beat. However, I really can't remember that many instances of him messing up technique when presented with an opportunity to shoot. He had one bad miss vs Sheffield United. Honestly, when it comes to finishing, I don't think there is anyone better around the edge of the box in our squad.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bet he massively regrets coming here from a career perspective

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When you really look at it. How many of his goals actually look like a wide forwards goal?
Look like CF finishes to me. Mostly from a central spot. He comes alive in the box. He is asleep during 2 phase build up. Get him around the box and he is lethal. Yet Arteta persisted with him in the 5th lane.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I honestly dont get how we've all just decided he's completely useless and can offer nothing especially when you factor in him having a pretty good 2nd half to last season. He's barely played and people have decided he's completely **** because he didn't do much in a few 10-15 minute cameos and hasn't even come on since. Arteta is best brainwasher I've seen. Even if you don't believe Pepe is even worth half of what we paid to believe he can offer nothing when we're struggling so much offensively is so odd to me. It's like it's just happened over night.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He was never being “blamed for everything” 😆 At worst, he was being blamed for his own performances. I’m still a fan of the guy and think it’s more than to get him back among the attack, but we can’t go making stuff up like that! It’s not true.
He kind of does get blamed for everything, maybe not literally. But back when he was playing this thread would grow the most after a loss/draw.

Moah

Is he better than the players we are utilizing now? Yes. Would him playing make a substantial difference? No.

Its the system, not the players that are to blame for what we are seeing. Had we played to our potential he would be instrumental but we haven't.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I honestly dont get how we've all just decided he's completely useless and can offer nothing especially when you factor in him having a pretty good 2nd half to last season. He's barely played and people have decided he's completely **** because he didn't do much in a few 10-15 minute cameos and hasn't even come on since. Arteta is best brainwasher I've seen. Even if you don't believe Pepe is even worth half of what we paid to believe he can offer nothing when we're struggling so much offensively is so odd to me. It's like it's just happened over night.
As Macho said, he’s the only Arsenal player to ever get worse once out of the team. :lol:

Guys on here really hate the guy, even when he’s not playing you get no-life losers saying stuff like “hope Pepe doesn’t come on” or “can’t wait for him to be playing in africa” which is pretty questionable in itself but let’s not go there this morning eh?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
even when he’s not playing you get no-life losers saying stuff like “hope Pepe doesn’t come on” or “can’t wait for him to be playing in africa”
When was this posted and by who? Do you remember?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He kind of does get blamed for everything, maybe not literally. But back when he was playing this thread would grow the most after a loss/draw.
Nah, he gets blamed for what he does. It’s no broader than that. It doesn’t even need to be for anyone to have the valid opinion that he’s had it rough, particularly lately he’s hen we’ve looked clueless, stiff and lacking inspiration in attack.

As for him being “the only player for Arsenal who gets worse when he’s not playing“, I’ve just looked through the thread going back to early October and it couldn’t be further from the truth. The majority are in support of him; those who are criticising are very few and are either noting his bad start to the season or conceding that it’s best we sell him because he’s obviously got no future here (their opinion) based on his lack of opportunities

There’s a weird amount of creation happening in this thread. It’s like it’s being twisted into something ugly for no apparent reason.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Nah, he gets blamed for what he does. It’s no broader than that. It doesn’t even need to be for anyone to have the valid opinion that he’s had it rough, particularly lately he’s hen we’ve looked clueless, stiff and lacking inspiration in attack.

As for him being “the only player for Arsenal who gets worse when he’s not playing“, I’ve just looked through the thread going back to early October and it couldn’t be further from the truth. The majority are in support of him; those who are criticising are very few and are either noting his bad start to the season or conceding that it’s best we sell him because he’s obviously got no future here (their opinion) based on his lack of opportunities

There’s a weird amount of creation happening in this thread. It’s like it’s being twisted into something ugly for no apparent reason.
What I’m referring to happens in the match day threads. Not necessarily in here, his haters have no reason to post in here this is a place for his sympathisers now that he’s been exiled.

I did say he doesn’t get literally blamed for everything. But he would definitely got more criticism and scrutiny than any other player when the team played poorly. This thread would do numbers and would always be near the top after a loss/draw to the point where you’d think he’s the sole reason we dropped points.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

When was this posted and by who? Do you remember?
Yeah I know who, someone who celebrated Nketiah coming on ahead of him and saying “he’ll be playing in *southern African country* soon”.

Very questionable post as the guy is born and raised in Europe and plays for a west African country but the poster is a certified wasteman who was probably trying to (and failed) to get a rise out of me.

OSBK

Established Member
Gutted about this guy every week. end of last season he was on fire and looked like a real player, then we are back to this where he is not getting a game and when he does get minutes he is that out of form he looks terrible. thing is his stats are not exactly horrible and with more game time they would likely improve. Im pretty sure if auba was firing last season pepe would've done better than 1 assist, pepe still scored 10 prem goals which is more than some of the wingers playing in the top 3 teams.

I really hope something changes, some of his goals are worldies, yes he has a bit of gervinho in him but at least he is losing the ball trying to be progressive.

Kav

Established Member
All the tools like a first touch that bounces into the stands 😍
It's clear you don't know ball or your bias is too much so you make up stuff. Pepe has far from the worst first touch. What he does have is a weird dribbling style where he looks off balance like he's about to fall. Reminds me of baby giraffes.

That said his first touch is excellent on most occasions.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

As Macho said, he’s the only Arsenal player to ever get worse once out of the team. :lol:

Guys on here really hate the guy, even when he’s not playing you get no-life losers saying stuff like “hope Pepe doesn’t come on” or “can’t wait for him to be playing in africa” which is pretty questionable in itself but let’s not go there this morning eh?

👀

Who said that? I must have missed it.

I’m actually going to DM Dr Umar on Instagram and tell him to sign up to this forum. Can’t be letting that run.

Edit: I know who said it, that farmers league merchant.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I really feel for this bloke, he has so much more potential then Nketiah does, he can also pretty much play all over the front line but no, Arteta brings on Nketiah on the wing before Pepe now. I'd really like him to stay for another year & see if he gets a fair chance eventually but I really doubt he'll get a good run unfortunately.

mirrorstares

Pepe is hated not because of who he is, how he plays or even his pricetag, he's hated because he embodies the fear fans have of being unable to compete if the expensive signing happens to not work out for whatever reason.

Since Wenger left our attacking signings have been less than great, we've just gotten lucky with the likes of Saka and ESR to carry some of the burden. Of course you shouldn't have high hopes for Mikel Arteta fixing this issue, with his track record of signing pretty much an entire XI of deadwood and whose only attacking signings were calamity Willian and irrelevant Ødegaard. The fear is justified.

Top Bottom