Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Not in the line up yet again, now he is getting benched by a kid with 0 goals and assists. Three different managers of varying competence are not rating him despite how talented he is. Raul better start thinking about transfer listing him before he loses all value.

Bosniak Gooner and <<reed>> like this.
  2. ScotsGooner89

ScotsGooner89 Active Member

Not starting, must be horrendous in training. Surely not all great players are great trainers though? I’m very much in the Arteta in camp though so if I’m the long term he doesn’t play him then just have to trust the manager.

3. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Spectacular waste of 70m, need to get rid asap

4. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

If I'm Kroenke, every person that was involved in this transfer would be fired tomorrow morning. That would probably bring us better results than getting in a new manager every 2 weeks

5. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Imagine spending 70m on the Ivorian Lucas Perez

6. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Poor signing, can see why he doesn't start as he does nothing help but try dribble and lose the ball. We need to do what Chelsea did with Morata.

<<reed>> and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  7. rupscund

rupscund Member

Dreadful signing. However scouted him deserves to be shot.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  8. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

He’s been treated unfairly. Hasn’t really been allowed to build any momentum here and coming on at 80mins, which player cba at that point.
    Can’t imagine how bad he must be in training

Riou likes this.
  9. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

10. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Raul Sanhelli over spending, water is wet.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  11. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I need to bin my Avi, that'll give him the lift he needs!

12. Bosniak Gooner

Bosniak Gooner Active Member

It is obvious that he is very talented, but in my opinion Arsenal needs to go full Brexit FC and sign domestic UK players or EPL proven.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  13. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Gervinho or Pepe?

14. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Can't believe we spent 70 mill on a step down from Mhkitaryan.

15. Bosniak Gooner

Bosniak Gooner Active Member

Iwobi looks like a prime Nani in comparison to Pepe..

16. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Pepe is not in direct competition with Nelson, Nelson is in competition with Martinelli as the workhorse winger of the team. Pepe is in completion with Auba as the cut in and score winger of the team. You could be making a case for Laca to be benched and the Martinelli-Auba-Pepe to be the front 3 we should be sticking to for the rest of the season, but Arteta seems unwilling to drop Laca.

DasBootist likes this.
  17. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

I don't think its a coincidence none of the other big clubs were after his signature this summer, had one blinder season in league un and that's where his hype has come from, just watch him when he plays for us he lacks hussle and doesn't like to defend which is why he is being benched...

18. WiscoGooner8

WiscoGooner8 Member

I still think there’s a star in him, and that maybe Arteta can turn him good, but I’m starting to think he was a terrible buy, even if it’s just because he’s not playing at all. I’d love to know the thought process behind this transfer.

The other downside of this transfer is that it could deter the club from future expensive players (it shouldn’t).

19. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

You could tell from the first game and what Arteta said he wants that he doesnt have a future here.

Arteta clearly prefers Nelson. Even PEA was defending.

20. Manberg

Manberg Predator

We were all very excited when this transfer was announced but he seems to be a luxury and that money should have been better spent elsewhere. I hope the money spent on him hasn't emptied the purse for other players otherwise we are ****ed.

The way I see it, he's an old fashioned winger and while we may see flashes of brilliance, he's not suited to today's level of premier league football.

Maybe likes this.