• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaOs

He couldn’t have scored against a better team the way their fans have been talking **** about him :lol:
Yeah, I have no idea why United fans feel so threatened by Pepe. It's so weird because they don't have a player to compare him stylistically but there seems to be so much one-sided animosity. Was Pepe linked with them in the summer or something? Did they really think James was a better signing than Pepe? I have no idea what they are smoking in Manchester.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yeah, I have no idea why United fans feel so threatened by Pepe. It's so weird because they don't have a player to compare him stylistically but there seems to be so much one-sided animosity. Was Pepe linked with them in the summer or something? Did they really think James was a better signing than Pepe? I have no idea what they are smoking in Manchester.
Hitting the crack pipe heavily up in the North West...

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

What happened with his substitution, he had to go all the way around & had a little push & a shove with a player or 2 haha, I liked that. Why did he have to walk all the way around though?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
What happened with his substitution, he had to go all the way around & had a little push & a shove with a player or 2 haha, I liked that. Why did he have to walk all the way around though?

I could be wrong but I believe they introduced a new rule where you exit the pitch from the closest point to prevent potential time wasting.

He started to walk across the pitch and thats when he got told to go off his side and walk around, which at the time I thought was silly BUT I'm glad it happened, I feel he needed that show of appreciation from the fans.

Can anyone confirm if there was a rule change? Some reason my brain recalls something about trying to crack down on time wasting and this was one of the ideas, but the more I think about it it seems problematic if they apply this to away teams as well, a Dele Alli or Lingaard would get pelters and abuse the whole time :lol:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I could be wrong but I believe they introduced a new rule where you exit the pitch from the closest point to prevent potential time wasting.

He started to walk across the pitch and thats when he got told to go off his side and walk around, which at the time I thought was silly BUT I'm glad it happened, I feel he needed that show of appreciation from the fans.

Can anyone confirm if there was a rule change? Some reason my brain recalls something about trying to crack down on time wasting and this was one of the ideas, but the more I think about it it seems problematic if they apply this to away teams as well, a Dele Alli or Lingaard would get pelters and abuse the whole time :lol:
Fair enough, I had a feeling that was probably the reason. Probably what caused the push & shove with the United player aswell when he tried to walk across. I was watching it at home, I hope he got a good applause from the home crowd as he walked around. I'm sure he would have though. I really like Pepe. A great left foot on him with good curl.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Who cares if those guys get booed as they walk around, our players will get booed aswell at away games, it works both ways.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Play him up front.

He'll either become Henry or Sanogo. It's a risk, but one that we should take.

We have nothing to lose, apart from £50m resale value.

Pepe has everything bar solid body weight to become an elite forward.

Jae

Absolute baller. Just lacks a bit of confidence and a bit of fitness. He's quite comfortably the best player in the team with the ball at his feet.

Shaw absolutely shat himself for the first 60 of that game. Game changed when he came off.

pikey2000

Good game from him, would appear as though the entire squad is not at the fitness levels Arteta needs to keep their game plan on track for 90 mins which is prob why he isn't starting all the time at the moment, reminds me a lot of Mahrez in his style of play, only thing he lacks for me is a little bit of composure in his final ball/shot but that will come with time.

Definitely a player that can make something from nothing which is something we have sorely lacked over the past couple of seasons since the likes of Sanchez left, will come in useful when we are facing teams that park the bus and we need a "moment" to unlock them, or someone to go past a couple of players with skill in order to create a chance.

Promising.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

impressive

And people on here were writing him off :lol: Emery never gave him the run he deserved and didn't play to his strengths. To be effective he has to cut in early, under Emery he's been dribbling all the way down to the touch line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom