• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Needs to vary his game more. Every time he gets the ball he has this habit of holding it up while backing into a defender. It slows our play down and leads to easy turnovers. He needs to lay it off first time more.

Aside from that - frustrating player with a high ceiling. One minute he’ll butcher an easy through ball, next minute he’ll skin his marker and curl one just over the bar. Inconsistent.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Needs to vary his game more. Every time he gets the ball he has this habit of holding it up while backing into a defender. It slows our play down and leads to easy turnovers. He needs to lay it off first time more.

Aside from that - frustrating player with a high ceiling. One minute he’ll butcher an easy through ball, next minute he’ll skin his marker and curl one just over the bar. Inconsistent.

The slow-down is finally an argument for criticism that I can back - he doesn't do himself any favors with overdoing dribblings 1on1 from a standing point. Should just push the ball a bit with his first touch and bypass the defender with his speed in those situations.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

My problem with him is his lack of penetrative runs in between full back and centre back.
Definitely need the runs in behind, it’s what will lead to the goals, that was his bread and butter in France. It’s not a question of him not knowing how to make those runs it’s why he’s not making them.

I think it may be by design that he’s the wide player who picks up the ball from deep. He’s secure in possession compared to Auba and I don’t think you can have both of them making those runs in behind without a midfield as athletic as Liverpool’s (to fill in the spaces left by the darting wingers) and more importantly, a striker who can hold the ball up like Firmino.

Another theory might be that Arteta came in and immediately identified how vulnerable we are in transition. He fixed this by using AMN to tuck inside and box in the opposition. Downside to that is Pepe has to stay wide and due to not having an overlapping winger there’s not really much he can do as he always has multiple defenders around him.

Might be a bit of both or I might be completely off. But Arteta isn’t an idiot, he must have a reason for using him the way he is.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Feel like I haven’t ‘seen’ you in ages. Welcome back. :cool:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Every time I try to mention that everybody except Auba and Martinelli (two players who just have that natural nose for goal) have struggled in our shocking team it gets ignored/called an excuse.

Yet we all agree that Emery destroyed half of our season. Baffling.

It's not an excuse , it was plain to see even last year . Our attack lacked cohesion , we rarely attacked as a team . We never looked to isolate Pepe on on one in the final third where his first step in devastating , Instead he always got it deep and was expected to run and carry get the **** hacked out of him .

Not only that apparently the players fitenss levels were not at the required level this was after Burgess was sacked and Emery brought in his own strength and conditioning coach. Emery did a heck of a lot of damage in a short amount of time .

What if you stopped killing puffins, could that work as reverse magic?

Dont know how you disney princesses thing blood magic works. But to explain. You need blood.

So far I have been doing one puffin at time with bare hands. I just ordered a chainsaw. Hoping for improvements!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can see why some are questioning his fee. But you have to know that This team is not functioning optimally at the moment. He gets most of the ball at the half way line. He's then crowded out by 2-3 opposition players. When he fails to dribble them, we call him a bum. Pepe should be receiving the ball at the edge of the box like mane, Salah, Sterling, Sane, Hazard etc.

Not until we learn to move the ball up the pitch quickly, he's always going to be crowded by multiple players. I believe Arteta will work on that. Pepe is going to be a beast next season

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Another theory might be that Arteta came in and immediately identified how vulnerable we are in transition. He fixed this by using AMN to tuck inside and box in the opposition. Downside to that is Pepe has to stay wide and due to not having an overlapping winger there’s not really much he can do as he always has multiple defenders around him.

Might be a bit of both or I might be completely off. But Arteta isn’t an idiot, he must have a reason for using him the way he is.
you might be onto something:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All I ask of him atm tbh.

Too slow with the release needs to sometimes do one touch or first time.

This kind of critism is valid
Writing him off entirely after 6 months or constantly moaning there is no need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom