• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Interesting comparison being made with Son (who everyone thinks is amazing) wrt their first seasons in English football:
ERiG2rPW4AAi8LS

amazing he's being written off so soon
Sp**s didn't pay 70m+ for Son, did they?
I have no problems with Pepe as a player, but an EL club like Arsenal shouldn't spend this kind of money on a player who isn't elite and needs 68 seasons to adapt.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I have no problems with Pepe as a player, but an EL club like Arsenal shouldn't spend this kind of money on a player who isn't elite and need 68 seasons to adapt.
Except it’s been 2/3s of his first season with us not 68 seasons - and he’s been quietly putting up numbers on the board recently. Same way some of you think him scoring 40+ goal in his first season is reasonable, I think some perspective is reasonable as well.

Admittedly, there were more pressing areas where 70m should have been spent, but that’s the thing, we are yet to spend 70m on this guy.

A lot of you let the transfer fee keep you up at night when it shouldn’t.

I just hope the fans over time don’t let the price tag ruin this signing for themselves.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Except it’s been 2/3s of his first season with us not 68 seasons - and he’s been quietly putting up numbers on the board recently. Same way some of you think him scoring 40+ goal in his first season is reasonable, I think some perspective is reasonable as well.

Admittedly, there were more pressing areas where 70m should have been spent, but that’s the thing, we are yet to spend 70m on this guy.

A lot of you let the transfer fee keep you up at night when it shouldn’t.

Özil cost 43m, right? Thats a way bigger mismanagement of money imho, since that money probz could have got us Higuain (don't remeber his fee to Napoli tho)

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Özil cost 43m, right? Thats a way bigger mismanagement of money imho
Plus 300k per week and he’s never ever been our best player on the pitch (Sanchez then Auba, with Laca being our player of the season last season).

I never heard this much kicking and screaming over it either.

UpTheGunnerz

Plus 300k per week and he’s never ever been our best player on the pitch (Sanchez then Auba, with Laca being our player of the season last season).

I never heard this much kicking and screaming over it either.

Dont understand it either. Plus Pepe have a charming, heart warming smile. Özil looks like a constipated seagull most of the time

Alright UTG, thats enough with the Ozilagenda. U got it out of ur system. Onto something else

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why we bashing Özil in here? Pepe isn’t going to be 1/10th the player, icon etc.

Özil is going down as one of the greatest ever to do it.

UpTheGunnerz

Thank god we didn’t sign Higuain. Bum.

Just look at his record in Napoli and compare it to Giroud during the same period. Different ballpark. We should 100 percent have gone in for him instead for Özil, its not even a debate in my book.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just look at his record in Napoli and compare it to Giroud during the same period. Different ballpark. We should 100 percent have gone in for him instead for Özil, its not even a debate in my book.
People who rate Higuain are people who I will never take seriously, I’m sorry.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Thank god we didn’t sign Higuain. Bum.
I’d have taken him if we signed him when we were supposed to, we’ve 100% have signed worse.

You’re right about Özil no need to bring him up here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’d have taken him if we signed him when we were supposed to, we’ve 100% have signed worse.

You’re right about Özil no need to bring him up here.
I would probably have taken him too, but we were outbid by Napoli once they got the Cavani money. Wenger couldn’t even compete with Napoli for a player.

UpTheGunnerz

Higuain scored 55 (!!) goals in 16/17 and you have the audacity to call him a bum :D and that Silva and De Bruyne remark cements your trolling i guess

UpTheGunnerz

I would probably have taken him too, but we were outbid by Napoli once they got the Cavani money. Wenger couldn’t even compete with Napoli for a player.

Ofc he could, Özil was more expensive. A case of priorities, and he got it way wrong

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I have no problems with Pepe as a player, but an EL club like Arsenal shouldn't spend this kind of money on a player who isn't elite and need 68 seasons to adapt.
Playing for 3 managers in his first 6 months has effected that adaptation though, hard to ignore that context when evaluating his performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom