• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moah

I don't think VVD ever had a more difficult game in his life.

Funnily enough, I don't think Pepe got much service in that game. He basically did everything him self. Almost like a one-man attack
That is also the only game he had space to exploit the entire time he's been here.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I don't think VVD ever had a more difficult game in his life.

Funnily enough, I don't think Pepe got much service in that game. He basically did everything him self. Almost like a one-man attack

He was unreal. Liverpool didn't know whether to get close, stand off, double up or cry! Interestingly he had space to exploit in that game and played quite high up the pitch. He was direct. Since, he's fallen into this multi-touch overplaying b*******s

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He was unreal. Liverpool didn't know whether to get close, stand off, double up or cry! Interestingly he had space to exploit in that game and played quite high up the pitch. He was direct. Since, he's fallen into this multi-touch overplaying b*******s
Thats because Liverpool started the season by playing a weirdly high line and we were at anfield where they are expected to control the game. There was a lot of space for Pepe in behind. Unfortunately we play aginst parked buses a lot of the time and it can sometimes limit Pepe as our midfield isnt creative enough to play in clever balls or open up space with intricate play.

We saw Pepe rup up West Ham on the break as well as United. He does damage in open games, but we need to get the best out of him in tight ones. I'd like to see him tried at CAM, not saying it the fix to the issue but I'd be curious to see how he plays there in tight games. Maybe he would have more space to carry the ball from the centre of the pitch.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The fact that our midfield is dog***** and it severely lacks creativity doesn’t help the likes of Pepe or Aubameyang. We need players that can look up and spray a forward pass instantly ala Cesc Fabregas or play that killer pass. Pepe just needs to utilise his pace, directness and positioning in the box similar to Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane.

I agree though so far he’s been a very poor signing but hopefully he turns it around and proves his worth.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's no longer a young footballer. According to the FA, he crossed that line yesterday. He's now a senior footballer

GDeep™

League is very weak
Concerned about the fascination and borderline obsession some A-M members have with age, and in particular clamour for youth..

@GDeep™
Why? I think it’s a good route for us, for a few years atleast.

Sign young players for a cheaper transfer fee, on smaller contracts, develop a young exciting team with Arteta which will eventually push the top 4.

Obviously you need the infrastructure in place that allows consistent unearthing of good talents, which we probably don’t have.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Have to demand a lot more from Pepe next season. It was ok giving him the benefit of the doubt in Emery's systems with their lack of structure and going out of his way to make at as difficult as possible for our attackers. Now we've got a good structure in place with a good coach, there are no excuses for him not to be seriously upping his goal contributions.

At 25 if he has another mediocre season you'd start to get worried, I still have faith tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom