• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Yikes, had it in my head he was ~22. Definitely needs a big year next season, but it wouldn't be the first time a player needed some time to settle in the PL.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Pepe still the scapegoat?

He deserves better than this **** show.

From management to fans to club.

Poor lad has been handled so badly.

Our club is in ruins.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still don’t really know what’s up with Pepe, but it’s not just an Arteta thing. Emery didn’t seem to trust him much after his initial stint where he was starting regularly. He just had to put his head down and work to make himself indispensable in Arteta’s eyes. First year in premiership syndrome and all that.

gamechannel

I think its safe to say he's a flop so far - considering what we paid for him. I'm sure the club would like to cut their losses and recover as much fee for him as they can but at that price tag and poor first season coupled with the covid-induced financial crunch, I don't see any takers for him.

But just like the Özil situation, as bad he is, he's the best we've got on the right wing position just like Özil is the best we've got in the AM spot. So until there are better replacements brought in, the likes of Nelson and Willock ain't gonna cut it. Its a lost season anyway, what do we have to lose by playing Pepe as much as possible and see if he can turn things around?!

It's just a first game after the break. But it is interesting that its now three coaches that are careful of using the best dribbler in football history. I'm very surprised.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He mustn’t be training well enough, you see those training vids and the French clique are always joking around. Although Aubameyang and Guendouzi still play so It’s probably Arteta liking other options.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol he didn’t even play you man still complain. Jesus Christ himself in the middle of the park for us couldn’t have saved us yesterday from this shower of sh*t which is modern Arsenal.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If Pepe picks his game up to finish off the season strong and maintains that level, this could yet prove to be a good transfer. I'm not convinced he's a flop just yet. I've seen little thus far to justify his price tag though. Granted I haven't followed Arsenal as closely this season but even when he was supposedly playing well, I wasn't particularly impressed.

His performances are partially indicative of a much larger problem though. I get the impression that this team is filled with many players that have ability but can't drag the team up with their own qualities. What you end up with is a group of players that rely on others to perform at a high level, but can't rely on each other to do so because they pretty much all need that. Such is the nature of a team sport, but we don't have that one or two super, reliable player in our core to build off of imo. Auba doesn't count here, because he's meant to be the finishing act of what the team does, not the core of it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's just a first game after the break. But it is interesting that its now three coaches that are careful of using the best dribbler in football history. I'm very surprised.
I'll repeat this again, all 3 coaches failed to do anything with this squad. Give me a run of successful games without Pepe and I'll say OK, but all 3 of them had miserable team selections without any arguments to drop Pepe, always resulting in a piss poor performances.
Pepe is our best player on the ball, probably one of the best in the league and I don't care anymore if they like him or not. They don't need to be best mates, but they need to play him every game.

I'll repeat this again, all 3 coaches failed to do anything with this squad. Give me a run of successful games without Pepe and I'll say OK, but all 3 of them had miserable team selections without any arguments to drop Pepe, always resulting in a piss poor performances.
Pepe is our best player on the ball, probably one of the best in the league and I don't care anymore if they like him or not. They don't need to be best mates, but they need to play him every game.

There is more to manager tactics than just field a player that is a good dribbler.

I'm 100% sure they are not picking him because they hate him. :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There is more to manager tactics than just field a player that is a good dribbler.

I'm 100% sure they are not picking him because they hate him. :lol:
Pepe alone is marked by 2 players and the opposing defense is focused completely on him, which should create space for others. Even when he is marked by 2 players he can do magic with the ball, he can dribble, score and create chances in a team that cannot connect 3 passes.
Am I missing something here?
I'm not sure about anything when it comes to our managers, absolute poverty from all of them. It's just a question which one of them made more stupid decisions

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Once again this is a 3rd successive manager who's dropped Pepe.

FWIW I can guarantee you if it was Zaha we signed instead of Pepe there's no chance in hell he'd have been dropped as much. Hindsight tho, we chose Pepe and I suppose we'll just have to hope he comes good. To me he just comes across as a luxury player tho. Capable but then doesn't seem to have a good intensity about him.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If he doesn't start majority of the remaining games it's time to worry tbh.. Can't see that happening though, I'm expecting him back in the starting xi against Brighton.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With Arteta he been good scored against Newcastle Manutd got few assists i don't think he deserved to be dropped he must be not fit enough just like Özil.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Needs to step it up.

Hard to do that when he isn't even on the pitch.

My issue with Pepe being dropped is that it seems he will be dropped straight away if he doesn't have a great game. He has been very inconsistent but still has been our best winger. Every time he has been dropped (whether that was by Emery, Ljungberg or Arteta) our displays got worse, every single time. It is also no coincidence he was at the centre of all our impressive performances.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pepe not playing, Auba out of position, Özil going through his drama.

These are our 3 big financial outlays. Weird times.

On Pepe, you guess he simply isn’t doing it in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom