• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

The build up play works down the left as Saka is there. Ceballos is useless. Bellerin isnt actually s bad passer, he was just very bad at opening his body up in order to get it wide quickly. He has never actually played it wide to the right if you think about all of the people he has worked with down that side. He always plays it inside or backwards. He needs a better option inside.

Someone like Nelson could replicate what Xhaka does on the left as he can drift right allowing Pepe infield, but can also cover Bellerin.

Why Arteta is persisting with Ceballos is beyond me. How do you justify playing someone who played 2 passes to Pepe.
Ceballos is off at the end of the season, he should be a cover for others. Makes no sense not to play Nelson. Especially when Ceballos offers so little.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This is what worries me. A £72mill player cannot be excused for lack of service. On bad days, Alexis would work relentlessly to win the ball, bring it forward forward and create something by himself. Not sure we will ever see this from Pepe
£72 mil in instalments would not get you Sanchez in his mid twenties in today’s market though.

Do people not get this?

No player who can literally win the ball in midfield, dribble down the pitch, pass to himself and score is coming to Arsenal in 2020.

Mraven

£72 mil in instalments would not get you Sanchez in his mid twenties in today’s market though.

Do people not get this?

No player who can literally win the ball in midfield, dribble down the pitch, pass to himself and score is coming to Arsenal in 2020.

So tell me, how much does Barcelona rejects go for these days?

Anyone can tell you that we overpaid for Pepe. Whether we can get better players or not does not justify the price

Macho

Dusted 🔻

So tell me, how much does Barcelona rejects go for these days?

Anyone can tell you that we overpaid for Pepe. Whether we can get better players or not does not justify the price
First of all Sanchez was never a reject, he mainly left after the arrival of Neymar and he was always highly rated. Secondly Dani Alvez his former team mate said he left because he wanted to be the main man in a team, which you can’t do at Barcelona.

I think the 70 mil is in line with what the market is these days, signing a winger in their mid/early twenties from an European league is not like it was a few years ago.

Expecting a player to regularly win games by themselves just because the club decides to pay whatever is ridiculous. It’s not a crime that he’s work in progress.
He’s already quietly approaching double digits mostly off his own back in a complete cluster f*ck of a season. I’m not sure what people want him to do and why people obsess over his fee.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Hopefully will be a star next season. I’m not totally convinced so far. One of our brighter players for sure, but that’s not too difficult!

One thing I really hate. When he gets clattered why don’t all his teammates surround the ref and player that has committed the foul. How did we get so passive? It’s everything that’s wrong with the club right now.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Didn't catch the whole game but thought this little clip was very encouraging.

This is the kind of threatening off-the-ball movement I hope to see more of, he takes up a great position for a first-time shot and just miskicks it. Feels far more effective than when he is hugging the sideline all game.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He’s not winning games by himself and he’s wasting an abundance of chances provided by our creative midfield.

For 72 mil he should be PFA, top goal scorer in all leagues and ballon d’or runner up atleast.

blaze_of_glory

Didn't catch the whole game but thought this little clip was very encouraging.

This is the kind of threatening off-the-ball movement I hope to see more of, he takes up a great position for a first-time shot and just miskicks it. Hopefully we see more of this, it's far more productive than when he is hugging the sideline all game.
Love how confidently Tierney picked him out there too. I think Özil is the only other player we have able to make that kind of pass regularly

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
More hassle and effort in gis game today and he looks better. Standing on the line hoping to beat three players doesn't work for him. Quick movement and fewer touches and he looks a different player. His penalty was well placed but the fluff that set up Ceballos is something he needs to reduce as he's done that a few times.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
To get 8 goals and 8 assists in your first season at a club in a new country where you don't speak the language is pretty commendable tbh.

GDeep™

League is very weak
One thing I really hate. When he gets clattered why don’t all his teammates surround the ref and player that has committed the foul. How did we get so passive? It’s everything that’s wrong with the club right now.
Same thing with Leno, players just strolling around as he was fighting for his life.

Normally team mates overreact, our guys as you say are very passive. Never hated an Arsenal team more.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Same thing with Leno, players just strolling around as he was fighting for his life.

Normally team mates overreact, our guys as you say are very passive. Never hated an Arsenal team more.
We’ve been like that for years I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom