<

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

This is a major key.

At first I thought it was by design that Bellerin never overlapped but Pepe looked so much better playing with AMM so I’m thinking it might have been a case of Bellerin coming back to full fitness. Hector started to look a lot sharper towards the end of the season and we saw him on the overlap a lot more in the cup final. Hopefully the sign of more to come.

Macho and UpTheGunnerz like this.
  2. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I’d love to see him use his skillset to dribble/keep ball and make a simple pass to the spare man more often. He’d be a huge asset to the team that way, regardless of whether he chalks anything up on the board or not.

His first games - particularly Liverpool he desperately tried to score and do way too much..whilst it showed glimpses of something special it didn’t quite come off the way he wanted and it pretty much set the tone for how his season was gonna pan out.

I expect a much better season next time round due to better familiarity. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again I wouldn’t be surprised if he led the way in assists for us next season - assuming we don’t sign anymore offensive players.

Pop Tart likes this.
  3. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

4. moloso

moloso Active Member

5. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  6. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Mmm, not sure though man.
    Theres a lot of weird happenings that have occurred in the last year.
    Who exactly is investigating who? Its all really vague and suspect.

7. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Being reported on a few different sources

celestis likes this.
  8. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

We overpaid a bit, but isn't that what Arsenal fans have been crying out for the club to do for years now? "Pay that extra few million and get the player". The club are by no means run perfectly, but they can't win sometimes.

Macho likes this.
  9. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Who leaked that from the club?

10. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

The thing with Pepe is that he has a high ceiling. He could easily be worth 72m if he matches his potential.

He has struggled to show that potential consistently this season but became more and more comfortable as time went on.

He had the second highest goals + assists in Europe's top 5 leagues bar the GOAT Messi when we signed him.

North5 likes this.
  11. Red London

Seems to be a lot of leaks coming out the club, must be some division...

krengon likes this.
  12. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

It’s from ESPN

13. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan

What an absolute rubbish story. Every team over pays for players in football.

Kepa, Drinkwater, Andy Carroll, Maguire, Coutinho, Griezmann, Benteke, Torres, Cancelo, Mendy. That's just off the top of my head.

Now we have, it's sh*t yeah but that's what happens when we don't try an penny pinch.

14. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Yeah highly annoying...

Not exactly a confidence booster, but Pepe doesn’t seem weak mentally. In the end his performances on the pitch will tell the story.

Red London likes this.
  15. Red London

What even defines overpaying these days ffs. New stupid **** is happening every summer. Maguire 80m, Chilwell beig quoted at around the same. These are defenders who dont even have an elite ceiling from the get go.

We paid a lot of money for a highly talented attacker with elite ability.

Riou and OnlyOne like this.
  16. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Sadly ”a few” doesn't mean thirty. We have been buying high and selling low for years.

I do rate pepe. He is a good player.

Macho likes this.
  17. OnlyOne

Yep, look at both Fred and Ndombele, 50M and 60M right there, both been absolute pants.

Not only did we pay for Pepe's potential, look at the season he had right before joining us, it was ridiculous. But yeah agree we overpaid but who doesn't, thats footy.

Red London and Macho like this.
  18. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Defending your twin brother Raul again.

19. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

You should never listen to fans.

20. OnlyOne

I sigh every time I see you quote me.

Trilly likes this.
Thread Status: