• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ideally i would have liked us to buy a better RB to help facilitate him on the right wing side, but i guess Bellerin could do if he gets his form together.
This is a major key.

At first I thought it was by design that Bellerin never overlapped but Pepe looked so much better playing with AMM so I’m thinking it might have been a case of Bellerin coming back to full fitness. Hector started to look a lot sharper towards the end of the season and we saw him on the overlap a lot more in the cup final. Hopefully the sign of more to come.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s clearly got 1v1 and even 2v1 ability. Arteta needs to get him in more situations like that by giving him an overlapping RCM or RB. Pepe himself needs to get rid of the streetball tendency to want a goal/assist/beat another defender after a nice moment of skill.
Absolutely. I’d love to see him use his skillset to dribble/keep ball and make a simple pass to the spare man more often. He’d be a huge asset to the team that way, regardless of whether he chalks anything up on the board or not.

His first games - particularly Liverpool he desperately tried to score and do way too much..whilst it showed glimpses of something special it didn’t quite come off the way he wanted and it pretty much set the tone for how his season was gonna pan out.

I expect a much better season next time round due to better familiarity. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again I wouldn’t be surprised if he led the way in assists for us next season - assuming we don’t sign anymore offensive players.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Relax - hopefully it's a good sign. Questions around agents/intermediaries involved and paid in the deal as opposed to "why the **** did we pay £72m".
Mmm, not sure though man.
Theres a lot of weird happenings that have occurred in the last year.
Who exactly is investigating who? Its all really vague and suspect.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We overpaid a bit, but isn't that what Arsenal fans have been crying out for the club to do for years now? "Pay that extra few million and get the player". The club are by no means run perfectly, but they can't win sometimes.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The thing with Pepe is that he has a high ceiling. He could easily be worth 72m if he matches his potential.

He has struggled to show that potential consistently this season but became more and more comfortable as time went on.

He had the second highest goals + assists in Europe's top 5 leagues bar the GOAT Messi when we signed him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What an absolute rubbish story. Every team over pays for players in football.

Kepa, Drinkwater, Andy Carroll, Maguire, Coutinho, Griezmann, Benteke, Torres, Cancelo, Mendy. That's just off the top of my head.

Now we have, it's sh*t yeah but that's what happens when we don't try an penny pinch.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Kepa, Drinkwater, Andy Carroll, Maguire, Coutinho, Griezmann, Benteke, Torres, Cancelo, Mendy. That's just off the top of my head.

Now we have, it's sh*t yeah but that's what happens when we don't try an penny pinch.
What even defines overpaying these days ffs. New stupid **** is happening every summer. Maguire 80m, Chilwell beig quoted at around the same. These are defenders who dont even have an elite ceiling from the get go.

We paid a lot of money for a highly talented attacker with elite ability.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We overpaid a bit, but isn't that what Arsenal fans have been crying out for the club to do for years now? "Pay that extra few million and get the player". The club are by no means run perfectly, but they can't win sometimes.
Sadly ”a few” doesn't mean thirty. We have been buying high and selling low for years.

I do rate pepe. He is a good player.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What even defines overpaying these days ffs. New stupid **** is happening every summer. Maguire 80m, Chilwell beig quoted at around the same. These are defenders who dont even have an elite ceiling from the get go.

We paid a lot of money for a highly talented attacker with elite ability.

Yep, look at both Fred and Ndombele, 50M and 60M right there, both been absolute pants.

Not only did we pay for Pepe's potential, look at the season he had right before joining us, it was ridiculous. But yeah agree we overpaid but who doesn't, thats footy.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Defending your twin brother Raul again.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

You should never listen to fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom