• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I thought there was a big difference this week. I know he had longer but he looked far more lively than he did vs Newcastle, I hope that trend continues. I expect him to start vs Pool.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Ok guys enough.

Someone has to say it.

He wasnt aware Mee was coming to close him down. His body feint was for the other defender, and did fool him... but the nutmeg was pure luck and not at all intentional!

He will lead our dribbling statistics and is probably the best dribbler in the team ( maybe apart from ceballos?)
But lets not fool ourselves to think he did that on purpose...
The nutmeg wasn't luck, it was split second improvisation. He's going to do great.

say yes

forum master baiter
I can’t get excited over some tekkers when we had that with Iwobi and he looked quicker running with the ball. However, Pépé does look to have a good eye for a final ball, which is promising.
I think he just needs to gain some confidence.
giphy.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Noticed him win a few tackles as well. Would be good if he’s one of those attackers that can get stuck in.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Could be one of those games where he really announces himself into the PL and tears the Liverpool defence apart. :drool:

I'd love to see him start, add a bit of pressure to him.

Ashybashy86

And with Pepe's last season you can get a youtube video of 60 mindblowing moves. Iwobi has skill but his ability isn't quite on the same level. This was also never something anybody brought up as an Iwobi weakness..
This isn’t an argument about who is more skilful. I’m not comparing their skillset. In my original post, which was ridiculed, I simply said I couldn’t get excited about Pépé’s tekkers because we had that with Iwobi. Who said anything about it being a weakness other than you?

If anyone is still confused, I just think it’s overexcitement at the moment, but each to their own. I won’t belittle anyone’s opinion like others on here do.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This isn’t an argument about who is more skilful. I’m not comparing their skillset. In my original post, which was ridiculed, I simply said I couldn’t get excited about Pépé’s tekkers because we had that with Iwobi. Who said anything about it being a weakness other than you?

If anyone is still confused, I just think it’s overexcitement at the moment, but each to their own. I won’t belittle anyone’s opinion like others on here do.
Fair enough, I think Pepe offers more personally. Time will tell.

CJJ

Established Member
I know its early, but i noticed 3 times where Pepe dribbled, lost the ball and then threw his arms in the air, didn't recover and then started walking back.

I hope this is nothing, but its a player attitude that i hate to see.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

cuc4mkn657h31.jpg

You can precisely see the moment his soul leaves the body:lol:
I still can’t get over this, I screamed when it happened lol.

The dummy wasn’t even meant for Ben Mee but those saying it was an accidental nutmeg are wrong. He turns Jack Cork but then instantly reacts to Mee being there, if he hadn’t had noticed him then he would have run straight into him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Please explain what I said that was wrong or ridiculous.
More about Iwobi carrying the ball faster than Pepe.

Also Iwobi is a good dribbler but I don’t think anyone on here would want him 1v1 against a fullback. Pepe’s on a different level, true 1v1 threat and a lot faster than Iwobi.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I still can’t get over this, I screamed when it happened lol.

The dummy wasn’t even meant for Ben Mee but those saying it was an accidental nutmeg are wrong. He turns Jack Cork but then instantly reacts to Mee being there, if he hadn’t had noticed him then he would have run straight into him.

Watched this a few times now, only 45 minutes played and them small mistakes he's made are simply down to a lack of match sharpness imo another day he's already grabbed two assists.

For those doubting his speed, you can see him accelerate from players a few times here. I think he's going to be fantastic, those little faints he does are sublime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom