Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Completely agree. If we get this level or better from Pepe, we’re in for exciting times ahead. Alexis had his own way of toying with players and was a joy to watch.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Active Member

Not to mention he carried the team through a fair few away games. Our away form has been dismal since he left..

3. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

He had his moments, but Pepe is superior.

4. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

He is. Alexis' style of play changed after his first season. Became less of a dribbler, and more of a guy who arrived late into the box.

5. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

he started dribbling until he got near enough to shoot, rather than dribbling until he could pass - and that too often meant dribbling until he was dispossessed

had he played with Auba and Laca he might have been willing to pass more often, but he had Giroud up front, so some excuse for him

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  6. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Even his 2nd season, he was out for like a couple of months but still scored 17 goals. Which is amazing for a wide player.

Tourbillion likes this.
  7. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Have to admit I was gutted we didn't get Zaha and wasn't too sure about Pepe.

I'm glad I've been proven wrong. Much better dribbler hen I thought, reminds me of Rivaldo in some ways, In control but not in control at the same time, it's so unpredictable, It absolutely throws defenders off.

Also what has surprised me and makes me believe he's gonig to be potentially a world class players is that he has that eye a pass and intelligence. That is something you can't teach, and he has it! It's because of that, I'm glad we got him over Zaha, now.

Well done Raul and the team!

GypRosetti and ThlRama like this.
  8. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Auba and Pepe(or a player of his quality/ilk as he wasn't around at the time) are what the Özil/Alexis partnership deserved, but didn't get.

Auba
    Alexis Özil Pepe
    :drool:

9. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Alexis is still one of my favourite ever Arsenal players in terms of just football. He was immense for a few years.

GypRosetti, isop, bojed and 4 others like this.
  10. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Rumour has it Ed Woodward watches this video in tears every week before putting 500k in Alexis bank account.

isop and Jackie_Treehorn like this.
  11. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Who's gonna track back? :lol:

Symbia likes this.
  12. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

This is what Emery has done to Arsenal fans, worrying about tracking back while you have Alexis, Özil, Aubameyang and Pepe in attack :rofl:

GypRosetti, Nemetoss, bojed and 5 others like this.
  13. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Emery bumboy detected.

14. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

:lol:

stfu cvnt.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  15. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

The same guys who hate on Alexis are the ones who cream themselves over Lacazette's 17 and 19 goal seasons. Not to mention Alexis was amazing away from home while Lacazette is another Özil when it comes to away games.

GypRosetti and Tourbillion like this.
  16. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Alexis is a bonified match winner! Had that bit of magic to turn a game on its head and win a game ( other players in a similar ilk in recent years were RvP and Arshavin).

However he was an induvidual and his induviduality did impact our overall team play. Slowing down counters, hogging the ball, wanting to be at the centre of everything. Led to us having a real lack of rhythem in our team play.

GypRosetti and Gooner Zig like this.
  17. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Why would anyone compare the two?

Jackie_Treehorn likes this.
  18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

True Laca can't even get close to prime Sanchez in his own dreams.

BigPoppaPump and Gooner Zig like this.
  19. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Top notch exchange.

Camron and Beksl like this.
  20. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Alexis was amazing for his first 18 months, genuinely worked class. Although he has a long way to go to be compared to Alexis, Pepe is far more exciting to watch in my opinion.

We need to get him on the ball more.

GypRosetti and Dregen57 like this.