Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I’m willing to give him time but for the team’s sake he better start scoring or assisting soon.

2. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Got an assist today.

ASIF, Trilly, lufere7 and 5 others like this.
  3. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

He assisted today ffs.

Second start as well, chill.

thierrytheking14 likes this.
  4. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Wilfully ignoring that he actually got an assist to push an agenda, nice.

Lewdtenant likes this.
  5. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Bejesus, it was an oversight. Pepe has shown signs of what he can do but the team needs more end product from him too, all I’m saying.

6. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Pepe looks hesitant, like he is somewhat holding back and not fully committing to beating his man. Plenty of times today I thought he had space to run and take on his man at pace but he kinda turned back on himself.

The man needs a goal badly, he seems to be playing with little confidence like he doesn't belong yet. I still believe he will rip it up once he gets going but I suppose he has just played against Liverpool and Sp**s for his first two starts, bring on the Watford, Frankfurt and Villa for him to smash!

7. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Looked fast, skiful & tricky but woeful decision making with his final ball today.

8. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

He was excellent today, he's a ball carrier and an excellent one at that. We've lacked someone like him for ages. He assisted today and helped create plenty more chances for us. How can people be critical of him I don't know. Goals will come but we're geared toward getting goals for Auba and Laca more than we're reliant on goals from a winger.

Trilly, Beksl, Toast and 4 others like this.
  9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Pepe made Robertson who was in PFA team of the year s**t himself everytime pepe run at him against burnley was decent and today too.

What my worry with him he seem love having the ball and dribbling too much instead of passing when he under pressure

10. Eduardo_da_Silva

Eduardo_da_Silva Well-Known Member

Got an assist today.

11. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

It took Robert Pires, one of our greatest ever players, a full half-season before he started to look good. It takes time to adjust to the premier league and Pepe has made an extremely promising start. I think he's going to be great for us.

12. isop

isop Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what game some were watching as well. People are being harsh on Pepe here. I agree he can look clumsy on the ball with his unorthodox dribbling style, and sometimes loses it because of that, but I thought overall he dribbled and created well and was a constant threat every time he got the ball. Still got an assist.

Needs time. And a goal for more confidence in his shooting. We were fleeced at £72m though. Should have been around £60m really imo. The expectations are extremely high because of his pricetag.

MutableEarth likes this.
  13. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He was fine. Some excellent ball carrying and is surprisingly very good at retaining possession at the end. Final ball/shot needs work but, at the risk of rising ire from Emerys supporters, I don't think the way we are playing really manages to get him more touches closer to goal to make those plays often enough. Lots of aimless crossing otherwise.

Trilly and isop like this.
  14. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

His dribbling/close control makes us such a better team, he can actually hold the ball in attacking positions without panicking/losing the ball. Has that Özil effect. Can‘t help but love him.

Trilly, Plutarch and isop like this.
  15. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

Not sure emery is a good fit for him as a manager and I hope it doesn’t cost him here. But so far it’s only the end product that’s missing. He’s done OK otherwise

16. carter777

carter777 Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

I'll give him plenty of time but he looks rather one-footed. To the point that I can see it having quite the impact on his decision making and time he takes on the ball.

17. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

I reckon he’s the real deal. Has a bag of tricks. The guys are to scared to go near him when he has the ball, they all sit off him

Plutarch likes this.
  18. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Decision making and final ball was awful, not his day today..

19. Lakersgooner24

Lakersgooner24 Well-Known Member

Calling his performance today superb or excellent is hyperbole, or the standards for him are ridiculously low.

He shows consistent flashes of his ability, so if/when it all clicks, he’ll be a beast. Just needs to be more composed in his decision making and end product in the final third.

20. Gooner_girl14

Gooner_girl14 Well-Known Member

I'm being harsh but I think he was wasteful today. You can tell defenders don't like playing against him but because we're so hopeless defensively, we need him to really hit the ground running and produce more end product. It's great he got an assist today but he probably should have scored, and some of his shots were frustratingly way off target. Still, gotta remember it's only his 2nd start and he has way too much in his locker not to make it here. I just hope his sharpness and decision-making improve ASAP.

skience3 and James Bond like this.