• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Stop playing him striker Unai you pillock.

He's tucked so far in, at least let him build some confidence in the less congested wide areas before you play him in a brand new role. This guy is starting to piss me off.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Shocked by the position he was asked to play. Really think it stunted his performance. Still feel he is too left footed but he is quick with them boots.
I really wanted him to start with a bang but that is a rare occurence tbf. The average foreign import usually needs an entire season to adapt.

I was hoping that Reiss Nelson would do a Rashford and that Pepe would do a Salah but it seems we're going to have to settle for a more realistic adaptation period from the both of them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I really wanted him to start with a bang but that is a rare occurence tbf. The average foreign import usually needs an entire season to adapt.

I was hoping that Reiss Nelson would do a Rashford and that Pepe would do a Salah but it seems we're going to have to settle for a more realistic adaptation period from the both of them.
Even Salah had some previous PL experience though. I agree, we need to be patient.

Polar Bear

I think he should be left out of Villa game, he has not earned a starting place at all. He can be a sub. Willock should start. Maitland Niles is suffering badly because Pepe is not helping at all and the other teams LB and LM are getting a free run at Niles.

I feel sorry for Niles, because he is not a natural RB, but the thing thats making it worse is everyone is getting a free run at him, I saw in every game so far that Pepe has played that he is not trying to tackle anyone on the wing and track them, Yes I know he is a very attacking player, I get that, but its leaving the other sides LB and LM to get a free run at Niles constantly, Niles looks exhausted after 60 minutes always. Its not fair on him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think he should be left out of Villa game, he has not earned a starting place at all. He can be a sub. Willock should start. Maitland Niles is suffering badly because Pepe is not helping at all and the other teams LB and LM are getting a free run at Niles.

I feel sorry for Niles, because he is not a natural RB, but the thing thats making it worse is everyone is getting a free run at him, I saw in every game so far that Pepe has played that he is not trying to tackle anyone on the wing and track them, Yes I know he is a very attacking player, I get that, but its leaving the other sides LB and LM to get a free run at Niles constantly, Niles looks exhausted after 60 minutes always. Its not fair on him.
Lacazette is injured, Nelson has been poor. We need Pepe out there. He was our best player by a mile at Anfield and he got an assist in his first NLD.

Villa at home could be the game he gets an increase in confidence from. Besides, any competent manager can figure out a way for their fullback to be better protected, it doesnt just need to be from the RW tracking back. AMN at times was ahead of Pepe taking his position and I was wondering what on earth he was doing. He needs to stay back more, but hes probably just listening to instructions from Emery. Anyway that's an issue we face away from home, not at the Emirates.

Impact

Established Member
Still adjusting but got another assist tonight.

Noticed that Auba went wide right and Pepe went through the middle towards the end. Think Auba understands how important the first goal is.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another assist still not showing whatvge capable of yet still in rush to make things happen

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Plays like prime Özil this guy, has great technical qualities, great dribbler, can pass well, hates defending. Love it!

9jagooner

Still waiting for him to prove me wrong. Watched him at AFCON and hoped we would get Zaha instead. I really do hope he does very well. Arsenal can't afford to have an ineffective player with top 4 on the horizon

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We have to persist with him, like all attackers a large part is confidence, drop him and that is shattered completely. He'll come good soon!

GDeep™

League is very weak
This sort of player you don’t really even judge until his second season.

Obviously the price tag means people expect him to rip it up straight away.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's been a tough start for him. He's finding his feet but he has lost the ball a few times and what I'd like to see is some effort to win it back occasionally. He's playing in a very timid way. A bit more controlled aggression helps him imo.

zilfy

Villa could be the game to start the ball rolling.

At home against a team of similar level to some ligue 1 teams, he will hopefully feel that he can dominate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom